[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just saw a mouse feeding off my trash half an hour ago and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: r8trap.png (24 KB, 798x437) Image search: [Google]
r8trap.png
24 KB, 798x437
I just saw a mouse feeding off my trash half an hour ago and I made this trap and put it in the garage.

Is this a good mouse trap /diy/? Should i put more chemical in the water? Anything wrong?
>>
I don't see what the bleach is for.
>>
>>925791
to kill them
>>
Instead, contain your garbage so mice cant feed off it.

Also i dont feel its a good trap as if it doesnt give mice enough credit instinct wise
>>
dont be a pussy baby
empty the bucket and kill the mice by hand
>>
so your planning to chemical burn it's eyes and mouth and wait for it to succumb to exhaustion and drown.

i don't know if that's worse or better than sticking it to a pad and using dehydration
>>
File: mousetrap.png (79 KB, 294x178) Image search: [Google]
mousetrap.png
79 KB, 294x178
>>925782
You can get classic mouse traps for under a dollar. I wouldn't even go trough my stuff to find a magnet for saving that money.
>>
>>925806
it will drink some of the chemical so it will die faster, whatelse could i do?

>>925811
i just used a fridge magnet
>>
https://youtu.be/l4PaGvAhV9I
>>
>>925812
Would *you* drink water that burns your eyes and smells like chemicals?
Besides, even if they do drink it, it's not going to kill them fast.
>>
How is the mouse who works mostly of its sense of smell and luck, going to find the peanut butter if it's masked by the overwhelming smell of bleach? You probably wasted as much money on wasted bleach as a set up cheap springboard traps. You're also assuming the mouse is going to fall in.
>>
>>925812

Dont be a faggot, buy a trap like >>925811 or a cage trap, or make one with a pot and a wallnut if you want to catch it alive.

You turn the pot upside down, and put a wallnut under the edge, so when the mouse comes and wants to nibble on the wallnut it has to do so from under the pot and pushes the wallnut out and traps itself.

Worked with the mouse i had at home like 10 years or more ago. Not sure if your american mice are more clever.
>>
There was a mouse in my house shortly before Christmas. I caught it with my gloved hands. Git gud OP.
>>
Trying to use drowning as a mouse trap may not work so well.

Watch video, /boggle

http://phenomena.nationalgeographic.com/2015/08/14/yes-rats-can-swim-up-your-toilet-and-it-gets-worse-than-that/

Just get some traps. They are like 10 bucks a dozen. Or better yet, keep your trash in a trash can. Simple solutions are the best.
>>
File: yolo.png (13 KB, 777x450) Image search: [Google]
yolo.png
13 KB, 777x450
Take a bottle, cut off the upper half, and put it in the lower half the other way around and fix it with tape, then fill with bait. Place somewhere the mouse can get in. It won't be able to get out and you just made yourself a cheap and effective mouse trap. If you still want to kill the little fucker do it yourself.
>>
Use antifreeze instead of bleach, it smells sweet and will attract the mice
>>
Bleach is unnecessary. The mouse will drown eventually anyway because there is no way for him to jump while he's in the water. It will tire and drown.

I once trapped a mouse in an empty washing machine. It was still alive until I turned it to the spin cycle.
>>
File: trap.png (11 KB, 408x520) Image search: [Google]
trap.png
11 KB, 408x520
Is this a good mouse trap /diy/?
>>
>>925901

I dont really believe jn torturing animals (i used to as a kid and I feel bad about it>>925903
) and as terrible as that must have been for the mouse I think I need to see this at least once.
>>
>>925910

The most humane way is the traditional spring loaded trap. It instantly kills them in most cases. A live trap would be good too, just release them a few miles from your home, or near the home of someone you dont like.
>>
>>925782
It's a great mouse trap if you want to torture a little animal.
Just get a fucking mouse trap.
>>
its morning and nothing happnd.
I moved the trap to the kitchen and set up a peanut butter trail

>>925825
yeah idk how to take care of that bleach smell, but the weight of the mouse will drop it and the magnet together. maybe the trail will help
>>
>>925947
what can i do if i cant get a mouse trap? Im thinking of using something sticky next time if it doesn't work
>>
File: mousetrap.jpg (20 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
mousetrap.jpg
20 KB, 500x280
>>925782
>change Chestnut with Walnut
Here's the objectively best mousetrap that my father uses for ages.
The catch is, when the mouse starts fiddling with the b8, it pushes it side to side, the walnut is round, so it looses grip with the pot/bucket on the top, and everything falls inside trapping the mouse.
If you see the trap is shut you either set it bad and it closed itself, or the mouse is inside.
So you flip it around, closed by the glass underneath and the mouse should be there.
It catches the mouses alive, so it's up to you if you want to drown/free/eat/rape them

at first you will probably found it hard setting it on the right walnut bump, so it always fall inside the bucket, but once you get the idea, it's easy to setup and always work.
Also, my father use the inside of another walnut as b8 (probably because he's too lazy to think of a better mouse meal), but i've never seen a mouse being able to escape that threat.
>>
>>925818
You mean alcohol? Then yes
>>
We do similar thing, but just have water. They drown.

Drill holes in sides of bucket, near top. Poke hole in bottom of empty Pepsi can. Run a straightened out coat hanger through the bucket holes and he Pepsi can is in the middle of the top of the bucket. Lean a 2x4 against it. Rub peanutbutter on Pepsi can, fill bucket halfway with water.

This is better than springloaded traps, because the ones we had were too big for small mousetraps, and rat traps smashed their head and blood got everywhere.

If you want live trap, so the same but with a taller bucket, and no water. They get trapped in.
>>
>>925782
why not just put anti freeze in a bowl and let them drink it
>>
>>926081
Sticky mouse traps are an abomination. The mice get stuck and literally tear their skin and limbs off trying to escape.
What third world shithole do you live in that you can't even get a spring-loaded mousetrap?
>>
If anything I would think the mice don't like the smell of bleach, didn't think of antifreeze in place of water

But op you need to add a bottle on a wire at the top of the bucket
The mice jump on that, it spins
>60% of the time it works every time
>>
>>928121
>>929394
this trap is a meme as this guy proves it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4PaGvAhV9I

try my trap >>926386
>>
>>925782
My dad did something simmilar but he put a beer bottle over the bucket sideways with the neck facing towards the center, then he buttered it up and put a piece of cheese in the end.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.