[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tg/ Crafts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160105_190251.jpg (855 KB, 2813x1473) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160105_190251.jpg
855 KB, 2813x1473
Hey there, /diy/nosaurs!

I am a fa/tg/uy, but I make stuff when I can. This is my most recent project. It's tokens for D&D. I used a one-inch hole punch, one-inch steel washers and some epoxy resin to dome the other side. They have nice weight to them and they seem durable.

My question is this:

>What would be the best way to make reusable maps for D&D so I can use my tokens?

Let's get a tabletop game thread going. What have you built? Terrain for 40k? D&D maps and minis?

Post tips, tricks, and tutorials here.
>>
What edition are you playing? This will determine my continued participation.
>>
I made a 1" grid with simple graphics software (ms paint will not be enough for this), to a big enough size to suit my playing surface, took a PDF file of it to my local office supplies store that offered large format printing, and then had the printed sheet laminated straight after at the same place. Staples, OfficeMax and FedEx Kinko should all offer these services. Chessex has several sizes of reusable gaming mats with both square and hexagonal grids, too, and in all honesty, would cost less than making your own.
>>
>>925751
>>
Incompetech.com
You can customize and generate a grid PDF to your liking. I made one up poster size and had it printed Anne then laminated! Works like a hot damn.
>>
>>925675
I'm starting out a new homebrew campaign on Saturday myself.
For a mat I used a vinil flooring sheet 1mx1m and using permanent markers made a grind on it. I use erasable markers to draw the terrain on the fly. I prefer this method since I don't have to premake a lot of maps for a session or end up having unused maps if my pcs decide to diplomacy their way out of a situation.

However another GM I played with uses a similar method. He makes his maps in Gimp to a grid prints them out in a fancy printer place on A2 paper, and puts a transparent vinil sheet with a grid over them. This way he can use the map with more parties over time.

I'm currently building a "game table" witch will replace the vinil with a solid acrylic sheet that will sandwich a printed map under the acrylic and the tabletop. I plan to get the acrylic sand engraved with a grid.

Got any tips for mini making? I'm not a sculptor and fimo is more expensive than moonrocks, so any cheapola alternatives? I',m willing to traid more tips :D
>>
>>925675
I made my board by drawing a grid of 1 inch squares using a carpenters ruler on a sheet of A2 card then went and got it laminated at my local stationary shop. That way, we can rub whiteboard marker off the board and reuse it for the next session
>>
File: BASILISK.jpg (812 KB, 1749x1661) Image search: [Google]
BASILISK.jpg
812 KB, 1749x1661
>>
>>925675
I like these. I would pay money for these. How much do you reckon they cost per unit OP?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.