[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was working with two of my computers and I accidentally swapped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: A_0f93ff_5757512.jpg (33 KB, 555x556) Image search: [Google]
A_0f93ff_5757512.jpg
33 KB, 555x556
I was working with two of my computers and I accidentally swapped the two hard drives (they contained windows7 and windows10) and when I went to turn one back on it started beeping and now the system won't start up. Does anyone know what this means?

Pic not related
>>
what does the screen say when you try to boot up??
>>
it doesn't no video goes through
>>
>>922176
Look up the beep codes for your machine. You did switch the hard drives back to the correct systems right?
>>
I'll do that thanks
>>
It Could also be a losely attached and/or failing RAM module...
>>
there's a couple of Youtube videos that cover the basics of this problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0mKux2T2DU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4e73dtkGxiY

first thing of course, is to isolate the problem. so remove the HDD of the dead computer, and try to boot. remove the cards one by one. remove memory. if still no video, then it's gets complicated.
>>
>>922176
Unplug things and plug them back in.
>>
Try Linux if you inteligent enaugh it will fix all your computer problem. If you IT waste, stick to windows and repead after me " Im pro i have win 10 best system ever "
>>
>>922229

i very much doubt OP is intelligent enough to install Linux on a dead computer.

>>922222

quints checked
>>
File: diagnostics.gif (67 KB, 650x891) Image search: [Google]
diagnostics.gif
67 KB, 650x891
>>
File: diagnostics2.gif (60 KB, 650x889) Image search: [Google]
diagnostics2.gif
60 KB, 650x889
Video
>>
File: diagnostics3.gif (56 KB, 602x866) Image search: [Google]
diagnostics3.gif
56 KB, 602x866
Motherboard
>>
>>922243
>>922244
Thanks anon. Got moar?
I could use 'em.
>>
File: diagnostics4.gif (52 KB, 601x866) Image search: [Google]
diagnostics4.gif
52 KB, 601x866
ATA drives

The rest aren't relevant to OP
>>
>>922245
never mind, carry on.
>>
>>922247
>The rest aren't relevant to OP
IDGAF if relevant to OP, i need them. Or at least a sauce.
>>
>>922250
http://www.fonerbooks.com/pcrepair.htm
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.