[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Project ideas
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7
File: DSC_1796.jpg (3 MB, 3216x2136) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1796.jpg
3 MB, 3216x2136
sup /diy/, I've been through some parents stuff and found some audio equipment I remember we had when I was a kid.

I found this soviet Vega 323 stereo turntable among other things. I'm wondering what to do with it since it doesn't work properly. Dad says it's a piece of junk anyways because it's rough to the LPs. The audio quality isn't very good either because low quality needle (although this could be replaced). But apart from top acrylic cover it's in great shape visually, nice wood and lacquer, plastics are nice and solid too. I thought I could build a home media center in there after I gut it.

It also comes with a pair of speakers which are shitty, maybe paper membranes. But same nice wood and lacquer and textile front mesh. I thought I could replace the speakers inside with something of higher quality.

Any other interesting things I could do with it?
>>
File: DSC_1802.jpg (3 MB, 3216x2136) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1802.jpg
3 MB, 3216x2136
The back already looks like it could house power supply, mobo I/O shield, etc.

Since the case is quite low, I'd put some drawer rails on the sides and make it slide out for maintenance.
>>
>>921015
>(although this could be replaced)

Looks like a TAP style cartridge mount to me, with a straight tonearm.
That alone means its a very low quality player in the first place.

Have fun playing with it, but dont dump a bunch of money into it.
>>
File: DSC_1803.jpg (4 MB, 3216x2136) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1803.jpg
4 MB, 3216x2136
As a product of era that didn't plan obsolescence, it comes with complete schematics so it could be repaired to original state... possibly even upgraded to produce higher quality output if some components are replaced but I wouldn't have use for LP player anyway.
>>
>>921018
P-Mount** cartridge I should say
>>
File: DSC_1797.jpg (3 MB, 3216x2136) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1797.jpg
3 MB, 3216x2136
>>921018
You are probably right.
>>
File: DSC_1799.jpg (3 MB, 3216x2136) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1799.jpg
3 MB, 3216x2136
The front glows and I'd like to keep this feature when the PC is on.

My parents used to put me to bed while playing fairytales on the LP and I remember this only light glowing in my room while I was falling asleep. This box has sentimental value to me so I want to repurpose it in some way.
>>
File: DSC_1800.jpg (4 MB, 3216x2136) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1800.jpg
4 MB, 3216x2136
This is the last photo, it's the guts.

the thing is heavy as fuck, the black platform I lifted is cast steel on springs to keep the thing steady.

PS will I have to enhance the ventilation in some way? I would probably do a low power media build with some light gaming capability. Maybe just APU build.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (113 KB, 670x598) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
113 KB, 670x598
>>921015
Turn the record player into a hat so the record spins around on your head. You can make crystals and other things hang from the record so they're spinning around in front of your face. Put headphones on the hat so you can hear the record.
>>
Literally a retarded idea. So sick of shit getting gutted to become some stupid ass PC case you could have got for $10. Put it on Ebay, maybe some collectorfag wants it. Asshole.
>>
>>921022
Yeah that shot seemed awfully anticlimactic after the previous pics. I was expecting something that could take a bomb blast.
>>
>>921043
I am going to keep it regardless of what I do with it. It has some sentimental value to me. Since I won't have use for a turntable ever, I am going to make something different out of it to actually serve me in my life and not become trash. Even if I repaired it, the audio quality is just sub-par.

If I ever sold it I would just get those $10. Collectorfags are the worst anyway, they just hoard shit.

>>921047
Mate that thing almost fell on me when I was pulling it from the top shelf because I dodn't expect it to be this heavy. It may not look like it from the photo but that black platform is cast steel with heavy as fuck motor attached to it. Could crack your skull open.
>>
Go to goodwill and buy some vinyl
>>
>>921057
The player is junk man, really, not worth getting content for it.
>>
>>921039
underrated post
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.