[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best way to cut a hole into the BOTTOM of a bottle?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: $_3.jpg (23 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
$_3.jpg
23 KB, 500x375
What is the best way to cut a hole into the BOTTOM of a bottle? Needs to be about 2-1/2 inches in diameter, just big enough to fit a light bulb

Do diamond hole drills that large exist? I can't seem to find one anywhere. And those compass glass cutters never seem to be small enough for the diameter I need.
>>
You can get 2 1/2" diameter diamond bits on Amazon.
>>
drill a hole in the very center, stick a toothpick in it, tie a string around it and attach the other end to a glass knife, score the glass in a circle. I don't know if this will knock out easily, but you can always get a very small diamond drill bit and cut small holes all the way around the circle, then try to pop it out. Then you can sand the edge smooth. Sounds like a lot of work though.
>>
>>920642
This is a great idea, thank you. And it took forever to find that 2-1/2 inch drill bit on amazon, but I did find it. I think I'll take the expensive and easy route instead of the cheap-but-hard route and buy the bit, lol
>>
>>920702
Different poster but drilling lots of holes is called stich drilling.
I would probably do this rather then a 2 inch drill bit. Wont break or take years.
>>
File: 1422862179603.jpg (952 KB, 1166x2841) Image search: [Google]
1422862179603.jpg
952 KB, 1166x2841
>>
>>920713
I like when /diy/ is funny
>>920710
This would be my choice so far
>>
find a 2-1/2 inch piece of steel and heat it up in a fire pit
stick it straight up in the dirt and push the bottle down onto it SLOWLY
it might take two or three goes but a diamond drill bit for one bottle is a huge waste of money and time.

I seriously can't believe nobody's brought fire into this equation
>>
>>920713
Kek
>>
>>920837
fire dangerous
>>
A piece of copper tube and some polishing compound is all you need. Use the copper as a drill bit, keep the surface slick with the compound. The polishing granules will imbed into the copper and make it into a poorfag abrasive drill bit. Will take forever, but for just one hole, is probably your most economical option.
>>
http://uk.tools4pro.com/diamond-bits-wet-cutting/288-kit-easy-gres-plus.html?gclid=CjwKEAiAtf6zBRDS0oCLrL37gFUSJACr2JYbpD_b6pC5TZPuPpCpc_iiDflKsfr01hHLpfuoMk6p5xoCYHTw_wcB

Search glass core drill.
>>
Some fluorhydric acid can do the trick... or result in a very hilarious misadventure.
>>
>>920641
Very first answer was correctish. Get a diamond hole saw.
>>920713
This was best though.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.