[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HoverBoard/EV thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
I love that people are buying electric motors because that helps the entire EV community. I guess I'm just salty I didn't think of it first. How do you guys feel about em?
>>
Bumbing wit Electric Viechels.
>>
>>
File: 2013-zero-ds-07.jpg (132 KB, 1680x1200) Image search: [Google]
2013-zero-ds-07.jpg
132 KB, 1680x1200
>>
File: dc motors components.jpg (31 KB, 472x320) Image search: [Google]
dc motors components.jpg
31 KB, 472x320
>>
>>919935

Gimmick. Thinking anyone benefits other than the Chinese is naive
>>
File: 1441830829580.jpg (59 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1441830829580.jpg
59 KB, 640x480
>>919954
Seconded. They're at the risk of becoming nothing more than a fad, like the segway and counteless other personal electric vehicles that have been around since the 80's.
I would definitely like for actual vehicles to move more toward electric in an affordable price range, but at the moment petrol is just far too convenient.
>>919935
You need to read the sticky. this is a slow board, bumping two or three minutes after you make your thread makes you an asshole to people actively discussing things in other threads.
>>
>>919941
>>919944
Man, i fucking hope to own an electric motorcycle one day.
Just imagine going 140+ km/h on a completely silent vehicle.
I bet it feels like flying and having sex at the same time.

>>919935
I don't really get the appeal.
It's barely faster than walking at a decent gait, hard to control at 'high' speeds.
Can hardly ride over uneven terrain due to its low profile and small wheels
Not to mention the lipo fires.
Besides, it is not made to traverse long distances, so it kinda defeats the purpose of a "vehicle".
I guess it's more like some kind of electronic hipster unicycle without the learning curve.
>>
what advantage does a hoverboard have over a skateboard or mountain bike? I mean other than being trendier, but if you buy it for that reason you're just a social fit in anyway
>>
File: Vectrix.jpg (74 KB, 537x344) Image search: [Google]
Vectrix.jpg
74 KB, 537x344
>>919963
>completely silent vehicle
I have heard one. They are not silent.
>>
>>919984
Well, fine, mostly silent.
Actually, assuming a brushless motor is used and the ESC supports FOC; it would be silent.
>>
>>919979
None over a mountain bike unless you hate exercise. Same goes for a skateboard.
>>
>>919990
so it's just laziness and wanting to fit in
>>
>>919935
i think they are stupid as fuck honestly op
just some gimmic shit for fannying around on, no startup company pushing electric vehicles like this has the clout to lobby for legal street use and even if they did they are far too dangerous to use on the roads.
so who are they aimed at? people who are so rich that they have a house so big that they can't walk from one side to the other?

I don't see how buying electric motors helps anyone unless you need that specific motor or whatever

also all the 'chinese knockoffs' catching fire weren't great were they?

also whats whit the fucking flashing lights on them and shit jesus christ

what we really need is something like a sinclair c5 for local commuters or what i would really like is an estate with some rediculous multi turbo v12 engine and then a regenirative braking electric motor for start/stop and low gears with electric petrol stations that rather than recharge your car with juice are able to swap out a standardised universal battery pack in a matter of minutes, customer can pay for different capacity packs and an automated system loads the required number fo cells into a standard carrier before injecting it into the car. but i realise batteries aren't that small yet.
>>
They are just a toy. You know, for kids. To be an actual vehicle, they would have to be better then, you know, walking.
>>
>>919986
>it would be silent.
Have you ever actually listened to such a motor? They're quiet, but not SILENT. And at 140km/h the wind and tires on the road would be quite loud anyway.
>>
>>919935
Literally for lazy asses. I never see anybody using this for sheer fun, just using it to get around campus.
>>
>>919986
bus route outside my house has new hybrid busses
went to an open day at the local depot and they were showing them off, pretty sure the guy said it was brushless induction and did smart recovery braking.
high pitched whine of it pulling away is more annoying if anything than the diesel engine turning over 10 seconds later.
eeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

its strange what noises seem excruciatingly loud at night when there isn't any background noise and how easy it is to tune it all out when you don't need to.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.