[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup DIY does anyone knows how to do a cone like in the pic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: hemisphere10-large.jpg (11 KB, 400x294) Image search: [Google]
hemisphere10-large.jpg
11 KB, 400x294
sup DIY

does anyone knows how to do a cone like in the pic?

the exhaust on my bike has that part joining the mufflers with the pipes and i cant find them off the shelve, and cant figure out how to do them
>>
>>919397
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA1t-5o0Lws

everything you want to make shapewise has been done in sheetmetal... scale the instructions appropriately...

practice in tagboard... it's a hell of a lot cheaper than sheetmetal...
>>
http://www.i-logic.com/conecalc.htm
or any of the dozens of other cone layout calculators
>>
File: cone.png (17 KB, 432x270) Image search: [Google]
cone.png
17 KB, 432x270
Here's the drafting method

circumference = 2 * pi * R
arc length = AngleDegrees * pi/360 * 2 * R
>>
oh awesome, ive been searching for the part and trying to figure out of to make it from pipe, but this is much better, thx alot guys, i finally can move forwards the build of my mufflers
>>
Drug discussion is not allowed, stoneboy
>>
File: header to muffler.png (25 KB, 972x756) Image search: [Google]
header to muffler.png
25 KB, 972x756
Why can't you just slip a larger diameter section of pipe over the headers and then slip the muffler over the section of pipe like a normal person?

Pic related.

Also seal around each joint with high temp RTV and use a pipe clamp around the whole assembly.
>>
Look on car and motorcycle forums which feature custom exhaust builds for examples of useful tooling and techniques.
>>
>>919579
Seeing how he'd most likely need to buy yard length of pipe it would quickly be expensive if he needs to bridge more than like a quarter inch gap.
>>
>>919612
>yard length of pipe
How do you figure?

He'd need like two 2-3 inch sections of pipe at most.

All he has to do is swing the bracket that holds the muffler to the bike forwards so the muffler and headers meet.

He really should ask this in the /dbt/ thread on /o/, though.
>>
File: KR3-expansion-chamber.jpg (107 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
KR3-expansion-chamber.jpg
107 KB, 600x450
>>919397
>>919579
>>919632
I just realized OP is probably talking about an expansion chamber for a two-stroke engine.
>>
>>919639
you got the idea, but is not for a 2 stroke, ill put the img of the part im talking about

>>919579
they would need to be like...3 to 4 pipes, because, the tube that i got, its stainless and its about 2x times larger the size of the headers, and nobody sells stainless in my city, i had to order it next town 400kms from where i live, i could have gone with just steel, but they dont last very long....and sorry, totally forgot about /o/

>>919592
tried that, everything i could found its "bought this part and this one other, join them...you´re done"
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.