[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vintage elektroshock therapy box
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8
File: elektrobox.jpg (1 MB, 2816x1880) Image search: [Google]
elektrobox.jpg
1 MB, 2816x1880
I need to make this elektroshock box to work.

This is I have no idea how.

Can any electritian help in identifying parts?
>>
File: s-l1600 (4).jpg (388 KB, 1600x1479) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600 (4).jpg
388 KB, 1600x1479
I need it to be safe. So no pluggin it into socket.

I was thinking about attaching some kind of hand crank dynamo to it. But I don't know where to even start.
>>
>I need to make this elektroshock box to work.
>I need it to be safe.
what
>>
File: elektrobox marked.jpg (2 MB, 3888x2592) Image search: [Google]
elektrobox marked.jpg
2 MB, 3888x2592
>>918052
Just so it won't burn or kill anybody.

This is why I wan't to use dynamo to start it up.
>>
>>918050
Looks like this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Induction_coil

I'd guess it's supposed to be fed from a battery, maybe from a 6V lead-acid battery. You adjust the screw so that the hammer vibrates. That kind of machine isn't going to deliver lethal shocks.
>>
File: d9v.png (48 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
d9v.png
48 KB, 300x300
>>918060

I was thinking also about attaching R9 Battery to those white wires. Do you think it would generate enough current so it would be feelable?
>>
File: DryCells.jpg (112 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
DryCells.jpg
112 KB, 768x768
>>918050
Neat. Looks like an old electro shock therapy device, perhaps for stimulating atrophied muscles, or for de-simulating frontal cortexes. Handsome little device from the looks. Please don't destroy it.

>>918060
This guy knows whats up. We used to use larger versions to drive crookes tubes in high school back in the day. The metal bar sitting on top is adjusted in and out of the coil to vary the output voltage, all the way in = 100% output.

>>918063
Dunno, try it. I would be starting from 6 volts and working my way up in 1.5 volt steps till it got too much to handle, it doesn't take a lot of primary voltage to get a good voltage on the secondary, especially when the contractor is set correctly. A variable power supply (preferably with current limiting around the 500mA range) would be handy if you have access to one. Also, measure the dimensions of the hole in front of the battery terminals. This might help you track down which type of battery it used, which will tell you what it's intended supply voltage was. I'd guess a 4.5v dry cell, but dimensions will help.

Also, If this is to be used for some kinky shit (as I suspect from your "need to make this work" opener), then you have no right to use it on others until you have tested it at full potential. Remember, sweat and other liquids will increase conductivity, which will push a bearable jolt to something painful. Keep this in mind and play safe anon.
>>
>>918068
>you have no right to use it on others until you have tested it at full potential.
This.

If PD can attach electrodes to his nutsack, so can you.
>>
File: hole.jpg (2 MB, 2592x3888) Image search: [Google]
hole.jpg
2 MB, 2592x3888
>>918068
Thanks for the info.

That battery hole is 5cm x 5cm wide and deep for 10cm

It needs to be a little bit painful at least to make girls scream but not to hurt them.

>>918069
PD is using something like this with dynamo I think. That is why I wanted to use dynamo too but I will test it with batteries first.
>>
File: TheseSafetyFucksAtDiy.jpg (9 KB, 150x150) Image search: [Google]
TheseSafetyFucksAtDiy.jpg
9 KB, 150x150
OP, You can find the information you are looking for in:
"the_boy_electrician.pdf" (google it) The first result should probably do it. Start reading page 218 of the pdf which should be 198 in the book.

Good luck and have fun! :D
Holy shit /diy/,
What a bunch of fucking pansies. Waaaaaa OP BE SAFE, OP BE SAFE, OP BE SAFE. WAAA WAAA WAAAA. #SAFESPACE Like he doesn't know!

Meanwhile while shouting about safety because you don't know how to make it work y'all continue to be the least helpful fuckers out there.
>>
>>918077
It's just courtesy, you massive anus.

You don't use a toy on someone if you don't understand what it does.
>>
>>918077
Holy fucking shit guy
Was that a kids book? Damn 1913 you scary.
No wonder we have an overpopulation problem
>>
File: sbc_266 (1).jpg (72 KB, 1185x635) Image search: [Google]
sbc_266 (1).jpg
72 KB, 1185x635
>>918073
Hmm, 226 batteries are close to that size (55 x 55 x 60) but I'm not sure if that package is newer than the device, I can't find any old examples. Either way at that size range you're looking at mo more than 9v, so I'd say 6 or 7.5v would be a good range to start from. Again, this device was designed when people thought a metal spike through the corner of the eye was a good response to psychological defects, so safety of the "patient" may not have been high on the list. Caution is warranted.

Something you might want to consider is multi tapping a 6x AA battery holder. This will give you a selection of input voltages so if your patient decides she needs more treatment, you can easily bump up the input voltage by swapping which tap is connected.

>>918077
Eat a dick you useless cunt. I'd rather provide a redundant warning than have someone new to the game hurt someone he loves because he was unaware of the risks, and if you thing a warning like that on a board that regularly hosts people who need to ask some of the stupid shit you see in /ohm/ or /qtddtot/ is a bad thing, then you are a cancerous faggot who needs to fuck off back to /b/ before your bullshit kills someone.

>>918085
On the contrary, I grew up on books like that and know at least one kid from my school who ate a blue flame because idiot. If anything, it's a layer of population control that no longer exists because kids are too sheltered (and parents are too lazy) to even consider this kind of crap anymore. I got no beef with my kids playing with that sort of fire as long as they tell me so I can hover, observe, and warn where needed.
>>
>>918069
>PD
who the hell is PD
>>
>>919547
He is the guy basically responsible for every single fapworthy bdsm pronz on the internet today.

>>918050
Look up how defibrillators are attached to a person's body and make sure you never ever do that. No arcing across the chest. No attaching to boobies.
>>
>>919560
I was able to find out about him now that you associated "pd" with bdsm..
pretty sure Ive seen his work dozens of times, I should have known about his tie to all of it before now.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.