[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Look at this refrigerator water valve. Is it in the OFF position
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: VbOG9.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
VbOG9.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
Look at this refrigerator water valve. Is it in the OFF position right now?

Or is it only off when you turn the handle to the left, so the handle is perpendicular to the rest of the unit?

I know this is an incredibly retarded question, maybe the dumbest one this board has ever seen, but I could really use an answer. :/
>>
>>917590
Are you planning on buying it? Then there's likely some sort of reference sheet.
Do you own it? Just blow through it or something to know which position does what.
>>
File: 1450576840804.jpg (14 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1450576840804.jpg
14 KB, 225x225
>>917590
You really couldn't manage to google this? You thought making an entire thread and waiting for people to respond was a more efficient way to answer your question? Are you 12 and never seen a valve before? WTF is going on here?
>>
File: another brand.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
another brand.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>917591

I own it. It's embedded in my wall behind my fridge right now. But I just can't figure out which handle position means on or off.

And I suspect all these refrigerator water valves use the same structure, no matter the make/brand.

>>917593

I've spent an hour trying to google an answer. But nothing came up.

I know how retarded I am, guys. I apologize. Feel free to ridicule, I deserve it.
>>
Generally with ball valves when the handle is in line with the pipe it's open, and when it's perpendicular it's closed. Usually if it's not that set up it'll say on the handle
>>
Also

>>917594
>>917590
These should both be open, or on, as you put it
>>
>>917594
I really think there should be a new /diy/ sticky.
TELL US YOUR FUCKING PROBLEM, NOT SOME AMBIGUOUS QUESTION.

Is the line pressurized? Is there any change in flow if you rotate the handle lock to lock? What condition is the valve in? How old is the valve? Were you the original installer? Is the refrigerator receiving water? Is the ice maker functioning properly?

What is the problem you are trying to solve? Are you simply taking a survey on our opinion on valves?
>>
File: valve.jpg (89 KB, 353x377) Image search: [Google]
valve.jpg
89 KB, 353x377
>>917594
>I've spent an hour trying to google an answer. But nothing came up.
>About 85,800,000 results (0.59 seconds)
>>
>>917590
Jesus Christ, just have a friend jam whatever the water's supoosed to be coming out of, and then whatever position makes water come out of it is the open position, and whatever position makes water not come out is the closed.

If water always comes out or never comes out, your valve is broken.
>>
>>917590
>go to hardware store
>find valves like this one
>look into them
>turn the handle
>get your answer
Was that so hard?
>>
>>917624
If water never comes out it may be another issue, like op is black and didn't pay his water bill.
>>
>>917644
That's a lot more work than just asking the internet though.
>>
>>917685
I hope your house catches fire.
>>
>>917608
You need all this to tell the guy his fucking valve is open? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>917708
>look at me, I'm disregarding the logical conclusion that anonymous posters on a help board on 4chan might ask ridiculous questions, then getting upset when my blatant disregard of common sense pisses in my face!
>>
>>917590
valve is open
move on, son
>>
>>917644
>>917616
Kek.
>>
>>917596
This. Fucking common knowledge there newfriend. OP confirmed completely incompetent and a cuck who should just hire out anything that is easily diy by 99% of men.
>>
I used to make hundreds of these at work, it's in the on position. There is a little metal ball inside with a hole through it that when you turn the handle, the balls turns as well to the closed side. Really simple and obvious if you can look in one.

>accidentally knocking over my box of 3000 tiny balls

Literal hell.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.