[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What resources do you recommend for growing your own food in a flat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1446660156762.jpg (1 MB, 5628x3348) Image search: [Google]
1446660156762.jpg
1 MB, 5628x3348
What resources do you recommend for growing your own food in a flat?
>>
soil, water, plants.
>>
>>916545
light
>>
>>>/420/
>>
>>916512
hydroponics? even something as simple as kratky buckets by the windows will work. also, you need something like 1/2-1 acre to grow food for a person, you're going to be able to supplement stuff, not feed yourself totally.
>>
>>916512
Don't.

I was just trying to grow some tomatoes and peppers, the whole thing got covered in aphids which went all over the house, and the plants produced like one fruit. Not enough sunlight from just a window. By the time you run grow lights and shit, you could just as well buy the food.
>>
>>917375
>tomatoes indoors
Holy fuck, I love tomatoes, but the smell of the plants (pollen?) is just horrible. Why would anyone want that in their home?
>>
>>917376
>but the smell of the plants (pollen?) is just horrible.

You're literally a fucking retard.
>>
>>917376
perhaps your planters picked up some mold, nothing freshens the air like healthy plants.

I suggest snails if you can stomach them. Grains and other plant staples are so cheap and easy to store in bulk there's really no reason to grow in bulk. I wish I could do culinary mushrooms but I think they'll make my place smell like a musty basement.

There's plenty of guides for planting an indoor herb garden. The right seasoning can make grains, canned tomatoes, and dried beans into a feats. Too bad my place has a northern exposure, plants just don't get on well.
>>
>>917725
*to grow in small quantities
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>916512
>growing your own food in a flat.
i have done this very successfully for years
few rabbits and cages in a spare room and a little youtube education is all you need

search youtube Rabbits for Meat
build your own wire cages
buy pellets from feed store not pet store
buy timothyhay from farmers not pet store
have a waste collection system
black rubber water bowls work fine
water bottles are a waste of money
if you have a garden. rabbit waste is gold
dont keep females next to males. just dont
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.