[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ordering on Alibaba
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 298x169
I want to order a metric tonne of road salt from Alibaba, but I have never done this before. The quotes I have received are really good (150-250 USD).

Can anyone here give me an idea of what to expect? Does FOB basically mean I have to arrange for it to be picked up at a shipping port? (I live in north america). What additional costs can I expect?
>>
No offense. Go to /biz/
They will help u out brah
>>
>>916243
Go CIF.
Cost, Insurance and Freight (CIF) is a trade term requiring the seller to arrange for the carriage of goods by sea to a port of destination, and provide the buyer with the documents necessary to obtain the goods from the carrier.
>>
What can you get it locally for?

After shipping costs, port fees and import duties, and shipping from the port to your location I seriously doubt you could get it cheaper than locally sourced
>>
>>916415
>I seriously doubt you could get it cheaper than locally sourced

Hahaha.

There will be a lot of additional costs though OP. Contact a freight forwarder and talk to them. They'll handle it from the company's door to yours.
>>
>>916415
I just googled my city's name and "road salt" and got a supplier as a first result. Regular bulk road salt at $80/ton.

I spoke with them and said I had a f-150. He said:
>I wudn' be keen on a whole ton in that truck. I can gertchu a half ton for $50, orn I can have muh boy deliver up to 25 ton to yer locayshun for eighty dollar a ton an' a hunned fer delivery.
>>
>>916423
dont let the salt sit in your truck bed or its gonna burn a hole through it.

my brother kept a bag of salt in his covered truck bed for emergencies and a bit leaked out and over the course of a month made a ton of dimples in the metal even through the lining
>>
>>916423
borrow a woodbed trailer from a friend, put a tarp on it then have the guy dump the salt on it. 1ton really isnt that much, it'll take you 20minutes to shovel it off
>>
>>916243
FOB means where the title transfers. It can be Free on board origin, or FOB destination. FOB origin would mean you would have to arrange for it to be picked up from the factory in china.
FOB destination would be from wherever they ship it to.
>>
>>916496

I hope that OP gets an angry call from a man in China saying that he needs to come pick up his salt.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.