[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any way to calculate the configuration of mirrors and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: mirrors.png (21 KB, 658x782) Image search: [Google]
mirrors.png
21 KB, 658x782
Is there any way to calculate the configuration of mirrors and what they'll reflect.

I've got a gas meter installed facing the wrong way to read it and it requires the meter reader to bring a extendable mirror to check it but half the time they cbf and over quote the bill which leads to a fucktonne of issues to fix it.

I'm thinking of placing mirror panels placed strategically with a togglable LED or something to check it easily, would this configuration of mirrors be readable, or backwards still?

Open for any other ideas, but i'm not setting up a webcam or something in there, keep it cheap
>>
File: sure.png (27 KB, 658x782) Image search: [Google]
sure.png
27 KB, 658x782
>>913377
I think so.
>>
>>913379
Reassuring thanks!, guess i'll buy little mirrors and do it anyways, it's still going to be easier than fiddling around behind it with a mirror on a stick
>>
>Is there any way to calculate the configuration of mirrors and what they'll reflect.

Law of reflection.
>>
>>913399
Hate to be that guy but just buy an endoscope or use an old defunct mobile
>>
>>913377
yeah it's basic trigonometry.
straight lines and angles and triangles and shit you learnt in primary school.
>>
>>913406
i probably worded it poorly but i want to know how the numbers would end up with mirrors in that configuration
>>
>>913422
Just count it out. Images in mirrors are reflected backwards.

First mirror makes the image backwards.
Second mirror makes it backwards again, or foward.
Third mirror backwards
Fourth forwards

Otherwise call the provider and explain the situation. Your meter was installed backwards and the meter readers usually guesstimate instead of figuring out the actual reading. Explain that you are on a strict budget and need to be billed for usage only.

My first house was an old one with the meter inside the basement with no way to get to it unless you went downstairs into the old coal room. So they always guesstimated and called twice a year to schedule a 4 hour window appointment to get an actual reading. Which they were always 2-3 hours late. During the winter it was a bitch because I keep the house cold, and they were overcharging me by 20-30%and I'd have to wait until april to start seeing that money again as applied credit once I waited 6 hours for them to get an actual reading.

I complained enough that I got escalated to a supervisor who set me up on a self reporting schedule. I could call an automated number and enter the cubes on the touchpad. If I didnt do it by the third of the month then they estimated the cubes for the bill.

You can also ask about getting set up on level bill pay plan. They'll use the average of the last three years to calculate the monthly flat rate bill. This helps you budget better and will hide the effects of their shitty guesstimates.
>>
>>913536
In other words, they're the retards that installed the meter backwards, theres no fucking sense in you spending your money to fix it. You're the customer, make them do the work.

You can also call each month and complain that they're overbilling you. Call enough and speak to the same supervisor enough and theyll do something
>>
>>913379
This will work.

Label each blue line L and R (for left and right sides of the display) and see which way they line up at the 'output'.
>>
File: Periscope.jpg (61 KB, 473x473) Image search: [Google]
Periscope.jpg
61 KB, 473x473
>>913377
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.