[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can anyone recommend me a good wood burning kit and maybe any
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: wood burning.jpg (25 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
wood burning.jpg
25 KB, 380x380
Can anyone recommend me a good wood burning kit and maybe any tips on how to start getting decent at wood burning?
>>
lady carrying an instrument stops a NYC cop and asks, ''how can i get to Juliards?''
cops answers, ''lots of practice!''
>>
>>911917
Protip: that's just a soldering iron.
>>
>>911957
So can I just buy a decent soldering iron and get two birds with one stone?
>>
>>911959
No, soldering irons and soldering iron style burners are not good for wood burning. Their temperature swings a lot between burns, they can't maintain their heat, or they get too hot when you leave them sitting (because if you're buying a soldering iron type you're buying a piece of shit so they don't put temperature regulation that's common in soldering irons now)

call it Pyrography when you google, and you want a pen and power station.
http://www.thewoodbox.com/data/woodburning/woodburningBurner.htm

My wife got the one pictured or a perfect clone
>>
>>911963
awesome, thank you.
>>
File: DIY Wood Burner.webm (3 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
DIY Wood Burner.webm
3 MB, 480x360
>>911917
Make your own.
>>
>>912006
>full black, no demonstration of shade control.
>no suggestions on how to make it
https://youtu.be/s848he0EkU0?t=1m30s

1/5 anon.
>>
>>912068
You use the power supply for shade control and simple lettering doesn't need anything but one color, black.

>no suggestions on how to make it

PSU, nichrome wire, mica, router speed control, momentary switch. It shouldn't be all that difficult.
>>
>>912068
>not being able to figure things out from seeing them work.

Armchair /diy/ers please go back to /b/.
>>
>>911917
laser engraver
>>
Razertip
>>
>>911963

>Soldering irons are no good because if you buy a soldering iron you'll buy a shitty one

What kind of fucking logic is that?
>>
>>913033
Typical /diy/ logic. Projecting the worst onto the person to drag them down into the "can't do anything" level they happen to be on. The excuse is, "buy a $50,000 tool or go home because you shouldn't touch anything DIY with anything less".
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.