[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chocolate flower
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 20151129_095357.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
20151129_095357.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
How do you like it and how can i improve it?
I put the flower in a bowl together with hot fruit sauce.This will melt the base of the flower and the flower will open itself due to the meltet base.I just try to impress a girl.(Sorry for the bad englisch, i´m not a native speaker,feel free to correct me)
>>
>>907834
Looks nice, but >>>/ck/ is probably a better board.
>>
>>907834
>I just try to impress a girl.
English is my 2nd language too.
Don't do this, it's just showing off skills you don't have. Cook her the best food you can.
Women enjoy someone that can feed them tasty, different meals. Yes, presentation is nice, but show her good foods, no matter what it looks like. Ratatouille is not a beautiful dish, but it's taste can bring joy.
>>
>>908022
Well, now it's skills you *do* have.

No-one's gonna expect you to have the ancillary skills a chef has, unless you actually are a chef.

Doesn't mean you're not allowed to go all-out on occasion.
>>
>>908029
I agree with this guy.
Make it the dessert to a delicious meal that you know how to cook well. She'll enjoy the main because it tastes good, and then she'll enjoy this because you made the effort on presentation.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 600x400
>>908022
>Ratatouille is not a beautiful dish,
Chefing is engineering: part science, part art.

Plating is a skill, just like any other.
>>
Fill it with fruit or something and split it. There's no balance and that's a lot of chocolate.
>>
>>908043
>fruit
its supposed to be a dessert you fucking queer
>>
>>908036
>those tiny portions
Chefing takes skill, and I respect that. But WHY do all high end restaurants refuse to give meal sized portions? Is it so I spend more money on entrees and dessert? I understand that the ingredients cost a bit more... but really, what the fuck.
>>
>>908109
You get 3-5 plates that size at a decent restaurant.

You get an appetizer, a salad, a soup, an entrée, a side, and a desert. It's plenty of food.

>>908048
0/10
>>
>>908125
>not getting 3-5 plates of general tso's at the chinese buffet run by indians
>>
>>908151
For real, though. I've been lucky enough to eat at some of the best rated restaurants in the world (because my dad helped contribute to the recent recession), and you can get the same enjoyment from 1000 dollar meals in a high-rise somewhere as you can from Fat John's Gravy Bucket. It's all about the guys in the kitchen. Any high end restaurant you go to, they insist on telling you where everything came from, and how rare it is, and blah blah blah. You end up thinking "holy shit, this is the best food ever," because fancy food is a Veblen good and our brains do stupid things.
Sorry for rambling.
>>
>>908125
>You get 3-5 plates that size at a decent restaurant.

I roll down to the local diner and get all that stuff (minus the dessert) as it is...and the portions are 'murrican size.
>>
>>908172
diabeetus.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.