[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /diy/ Im buying a mini lathe tomorow and i was wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Uncle Ivan's Drunk Again.jpg (21 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Uncle Ivan's Drunk Again.jpg
21 KB, 480x360
Sup /diy/ Im buying a mini lathe tomorow and i was wondering if any of you guys have one and what projects or tips you might be able to offer me if you would be so kind. Ive used lathes before but ive been wanting my own for the longest time so im going to buy a cheaper one to start off with and work my way up as I dont got lots o cash at the moment.

>Anyone got any projects there proud or shit I love to see others works.
>>
>>901657
Sten gun
>>
>>901676
Whats that supposed to mean? I dont think i could make a sten gun. Though that shit would be cool though
>>
>>901685
Anyone can make a sten gun. It was designed that way.
There is a thread on >>>/k/ with the build plans

Have fun and don't get v&
>>
>>901685
why not? you in the US? an $80 welder off amazon, the cheapest parts kit you can find, some scrap metal and you're good to go. if you're in the US, you can build any firearm you want that is semi-auto, and within BATFE guidelines. in other words, it must be over 14.5 inches long or something like that. otherwise, it is a pistol and cannot have a butt stock.
>>
>>901749
16.5" Inch barrel

But you can not make a semi-auto version of the sten gun. It's an open-bolt design, and semi-auto open-bolt guns are illegal because they are too easily modified to full-auto.

Just make a STEN gun and hide it somewhere in the walls of your house.
>>
>>901756
How hard are the clips to acquire on these things? From what I've seen clips are typically the trickiest part for anything home machined.

I've never seen an open bolt gun. Unusual.
>>
Pens are good starter projects and with Christmas soon you could make pen and pencil sets as gifts.
Look at woodcraft or pen state industries for all supplies.
There are also how to videos
I sand to 18000 grit then I use boiled linseed oil and superglue as a finish, Google for details,
>>
File: STEN_004__large.jpg (116 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
STEN_004__large.jpg
116 KB, 640x480
>>901771
AFAIK there are no sten gun stripper clips, but there are loading tools to help loading the magazine quicker/easier.
>>
>>901771
Read up on your gun lingo. Learn the difference between open and closed bolt design. Know how the blow back design works.

Magazines are very easy to acquire, use any 9mm colt stick mag or UZI mag. Might need to make some tweaks to it to work with the mag catch on the sten gun.

The bolt is the hardest part to machine.
>>
> Im buying a mini lathe tomorow
> Ive used lathes before but
> going to buy a cheaper one
>thinks he should turn a gun

you should do it
>>
>>901911
Wow bro i said i dont think i could build one in response to the first comment, read dude. i never said i was going to make it
>>
>>901811
Interesting never heard of using superglue. ill have to try it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.