[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Itt work clothes Winter is coming and I've out grown my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Carhart.jpg (330 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
Carhart.jpg
330 KB, 1200x1200
Itt work clothes
Winter is coming and I've out grown my old carhart. What's a good coat?
Also, the double layered riggs jeans are amazing
>>
>>>/fa/
>>
>>900737
get another carhartt, i replace my 10 year old one last winter. also i like the Duluth jeans for working around the house, they're thick material and roomy.
>>
>>900756
Like a bunch of fags would know
>>
>>900737
I got a "Walls" jacket from walmart 2 years ago. It was/is a great jacket at a great price. I want to say I paid $40 for it. I work outside moving boats around on a yard in rain or snow or wind or shine and the jacket was great. Pockets are nice and large. Zipper is HUGE which is great with gloved hands. I treated it with P TEF to make it waterproof. If my dog didn't tear the sleeve and rip all the stuffing out of it I would probably be wearing it again this year. I never heard of Walls, but the jacket was great. I'm ordering one of these next paycheck, hopefully I get the same use out of it as I did the last one.

http://www.amazon.com/Walls-Blizzard-Insulated-Jacket-3X-Large/dp/B00O9VALH8/ref=sr_1_48?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1447292292&sr=1-48&nodeID=1045830&refinements=p_4%3AWalls
>>
If you liked your Carhartt, you should probably stick with Carhartt. I can't tell you how frustrating it is to get fucked by a piece of "work clothing" that falls apart early.
>>
>>900756
I'd rather look like a man when I go out in public, thanks.
>>
>>900737
I've got a few old army parkas, they are good. Not exactly fashionable but warm and weatherproof. Cheap to acquire too.
>>
>>900737
I loved my old USA made Carhartt. Got it at 16. Replaced it after 5 years and got a mexican made one, was noticably crappier.
Its only been 2 years but its just falling apart. I went and looked and now are made in Bangladesh and shit.

I ended up buying a Berne jacket. Felt like a better jacket overall and ill just have to accept replacing it every few years.

All the USA Carhartts were really awful jacket patterns
>>
>>900871
>Its only been 2 years but its just falling apart.
stop washing it so often, srs
>>
>>900756
>>>/out/
Unless its a thread about homemade apparel
>>
>>900929
F.Y.I. Not OP.

Okay how about this, work jackets that are made of tough durable quality materials that can be easily modified. to fit your needs.

I'm actually curious because I wanna replace my big ass over engineered pretty much touring level, motorcycle jacket. that I use everyday for when ever I ride, with a homemade better looking jacket. I've done my fair share of research on the matter. so no need to tell me "It wont be the same." or "enjoy your road rash"

Let me point out the keyword here. "modified"

I don't wanna get a leather jacket, cause their hot as fuck for where I live and I get rained on a lot, that just shits up leather also road grime is really hard to remove once its in leather. also I'll be adding some padding in important places that I buy* not make. thinner then the stuff I got now, but I'm ready to make that compromise.

What I was thinking about doing is sewing in in a sorts, Kevlar skeleton on the inside of the jacket. my stance on it, is, it allows for me the create the pockets for the body armor and hold all of them in the correct spots for covering the important stuff I want covered.

BUT then it gets to a point where I'm worried about when installing the skeleton into the jacket that its not gonna be easy to hide the sewn in stitching? Then it comes down, would it be better to just create the jacket from scratch?
>>
>>900929
This is no different than a tools thread. Do you go there telling people to make their own tools or leave?
>>
Got my current Carhartt in 2008. Still going strong. Trick is to not wash it all the time. Guy I worked with washed his once a fucking week (for real) and bitched that it fell apart after a year or two. Mine is showing wear on the cuffs and the zipper is getting sticky.

For yard work I just wear pajama pants under my jeans. Anything else is too warm. If I'm going to be outside I wear the bibs but I don't like all the bulk.
>>
>>901062
>zipper is getting sticky
wd40
>>
>>900908
I never wash my jackets.

In both jackets the canvass started ripping holes in the sleeves right over the cuffs, on the shoulder joints, and along the bottom skirt. Basically where a lot of friction is.

Not surprising that's how the jacket would "fail", just thought it might last longer than it did.
>>
>>901059
>Buying tools.
Get the fuck out and goto /buy/ faggot.
I bet you don't even make your own god particles.
>>
>>901072
I think the bottom is bent. It's getting the zipper on and off the track that is the issue. Not a big issue.
>>
>>901103
Pretty cheap to have a zipper replaced too.

>never trust a nylon zipper
>>
>>900929
don't send the fucking work clothing threads to /out/.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.