[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Building a Fake Transformer House
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20150723_143516171_HDR.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150723_143516171_HDR.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
I'd like to make a shed that looks like one of these, as cheap as possible. The cheapest sheet metal I've found would cost around 300€ for the walls alone, so is there a cheaper way to make walls that look like it?

Any other construction/cost-saving advice is welcome as well.
>>
>>885137
that's pretty cheap for the walls,
depending what you are using it for what are you doing for heating | cooling?
>>
>>885137
also what sheet? mild steel i'm guessing? other option is some 5000 ally (5260 i think?) better weather protection for a slight price increase.
>>
>>885137

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7053225.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=cgid:18091942045|tsid:59156|cid:189934285|lid:96719552845|nw:g|crid:77627770045|rnd:4867155619677001513|dvc:c|adp:1o1|bku:1&gclid=CPuIg-eTsMgCFSGg2wodXWIB6Q

http://www.trueshopping.co.uk/product/Trueshopping_Metal_Garden_Pent_Shed_4_39_x_8_39_ft_/6047/90951.html?gclid=CPmdlemTsMgCFeKw2wodrqgBhw&gclsrc=aw.ds

britfag but still another option, I have nothing better to do today until I get my welder delivered.
>>
>>885157

These would certainly be cheap and easy, but they look nothing like the original building.
>>
Is the plan to build it, then start living in it free from property tax because nobody notices that it's not a real transformer? Like, I could totally see that working realllllly well.
>>
>>886836
this. also why not just sleep inside a real transformer house? in the winter the transformer will keep you warm, as for summer a metal box is going to be shit house no matter what you do with it so just don't.
>>
>>886845

And that hum can tickle your balls.

>confessions of an air force brat.
>>
It'll make a good tomato farm
>>
>>886836
>>886845
I have found a visible but inaccessible (terrain) urban location on top of a large diameter storm drain access manhole I will place it on. I will access the house from the storm drain outlet. I will use this house for illicit activities.

I am thinking about using pallet wood and spray paint. How close do you think it will be from a distance.
>>
>>886869
the people who maintain the storm drains will probably notice after a while. there's got to be a reason they went to the trouble of building that manhole.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.