[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DIY ideas to sell quickly and to make a lot of money?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
DIY ideas to sell quickly and to make a lot of money?
>>
get a job faggot
>>
drugs
>>
I'm considering selling home made bread.

It's easy as fuck to make, but people act like you performed a miracle whenever you bake it. Ingredients are cheap as shit, the average loaf of bread costs forty cents to make. But then people who can't bake will turn around and spend $3-$5 for a loaf. Because it's "artisanal".
>>
>>883060
Sell home DIY quick rich kits.
>>
>>883065
this could work. also cookies, cakes and pies. just about any baked good.
>>
>>883060
There's no easy way. If there was, everyone would be doing it and it'd drive the price down.

Heads up hold'em poker has the best odds if you wanna make fast money
>>
>>883065
>>883103
sooo...just an average fund raising bake sale?

That's so nice. What are you raising funds for deary?
>>
>>883113
to survive
>>
>>883106
yep, selling good that are to be consumed you'll need a food handler's license and submit to the work area being inspected at the health department's discretion, usually yearly, unless you get a violation, and if you fail to meet compliance selling any good produced in that work area can get you fined to hell and back
>>
>>883065
This is not a bad idea. I know a place that sells loaves of bread with simple shit in it like jalapeno cheddar or rosemary garlic for $5/loaf, and they always sell out every time I'm there.
>>
>>883065
Have you factored oven running cost in?
>>
>>883060
>get a gun
>???
>Profit
>>
File: mebbeizuckyadik.jpg (104 KB, 760x299) Image search: [Google]
mebbeizuckyadik.jpg
104 KB, 760x299
>>883060
>acquire skills
>monetize them
>????????????
>Profit????????
>>
I buy used bikes on craigslist for like 30-45$. Spruce them up,buy a motor kit for 160. Sell them for 300 consistently. Been doing it for a year now,it's quite nice
>>
>>883113
not if baker anon does some networking, develops a list of regular clientele. could have delivery and pick-up service options available and could be started out of the home.
could branch out into catering of pastries and desserts and any baked goods for large gatherings and functions. get contracts with local grocery stores, hotels, restaurants, clubs and event centers.
>>
>>883170
this is not a huge barrier. and would just mark a certain commitment to doing it for real. food handlers permit is easy peasy and it's not hard to pass health inspections. it's all pretty common sense good healthy practice stuff.
>>
>>883197
baker anon said the ingredients are cheap. it's just your own labor time that's significant
>>
>>883060
i'd pay her a lot of money for certain special services
>>
File: Träipen,.jpg (38 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
Träipen,.jpg
38 KB, 500x366
>>883060
Sell things you own, or learn a skill that produces things. Easiest example would be knitting scarves.
>>
>>883307
More info?

Do you include batteries?

Where do you get the motor and batteries? Links?
>>
>>883319
You don't need to pay... she's from Argentina, free bitches.
>>
>>883113
You could do sweets, but bread is where the real money is at.

Four simple ingredients, water, flour, salt, and yeast can crank out some pretty amazing bread given the right procedure.

In reality, the most expensive ingredient is time and a proofing oven if you want to get fancy.

When you talk cookies and sweets you have to factor in a lot more ingredients which also cost a lot more, enriched bread types use butter milk sugar oil and what have you.

If you make good french style bread you can make a lot of money at little to near negligible expenses.
>>
>>883318
You literally sit around waiting for the oven to do the work half the time.
>>
>>883558
*Material* expenses, that is. Don't forget the costs, real and opportunity, of running the oven, spending the time, learning the craft, delivering the product to a salable location, etc. Still, bread's not a bad way to go. Basic process that's hundreds of years old, as long as the baker isn't stupid as fuck or lazy, and has a bit of business sense.

>glances awkwardly at op
>>
Oldest profession? Sell dat' artisanal ass?
>>
>how to get rich
>become baker
>>
>>883941
>how to get rich
>become banker

fix'd
>>
>>883060
The most expensive thing most people buy in their lifetime is a house. A lot of people fuck up their credit and can never buy one. So buy one and rent it out. The first one will be the hardest to get up and running but this a;ways pays off in the long run because you aren't dependent on the housing market like so many people back in the mid 2000s. The hard part is getting the money to buy a house. With no skills I've considered over the road trucking as you won't need a house to live in so everyone else's regular bills would be your extra bills and you'd be making money off of it.
>>
>>883317
In my location any place that makes or prepares food, to be consumed at time of purchase or to be sold and consumed at a later date must have a dedicated area where only food preparations and cleaning of cook ware may take place. This generally means a kitchen in your a restaurant, or a dedicated building for cooking. Generally if you also use that building for living it's an automatic no go. They generally don't like even the of buildings that have an apartment above them, they prefer to only okay those if both sections each have 2 ingress/egress doors and permanent walls between them. They'll occasionally pass one that shares a backdoor via a shared stair case, but they may even ask for an inspection of the apartment to rule out possible water/sewage leaks and mold. Really, they can deny you for any reason in the end.

So op cooking bread out of his house probably won't be legal, someone might buy it, just don't get caught. Also, I'm not buying ops bread because he's probably on /gif/ while he's waiting for it to bake
>>
File: concrete2011milanresults.jpg (138 KB, 420x280) Image search: [Google]
concrete2011milanresults.jpg
138 KB, 420x280
>>883060
Concrete casting. Unlimited variety of forms, and that shit is real popular right now.
>>
>>883954
This.

OP, charities giving away free food have been shut down do to these types of regulations. Don't even think about doing this out of your house. Food production and sales are a nightmare all of their own.

If you are going to do this then look and see if you have a local business incubator. These normally have commercial kitchens that you can rent and contract through. Also these facilities have the space to deal in quantities to actually make it worth it.
>>
Your body
>>
There's an old spanish saying which, roughly paraphrased, says that rich people, even when they are niggardly, are more likely to waste money than poor people.

Recently I read an example of that. A man in a certain big city would pick things out of garbage bins and put them in small transparent cases. He tried to sell the novelties at five dollars each, but nobody was interested. Frustrated, he jokingly marked them up to fifty dollars, and the things started selling much better.

In short: Move to a place with a lot of wealthy people. Sell any stupid useless shit to them at elegantly high prices.
>>
A book on how to make quadcopter drones
>>
>>884084
seems to work for apple watches
>>
>>883065

being generous and saying you can bake 3 loaves at once and they only take 25 minutes, you could make 6 loaves per hour for 5 hours in the morning before you went to a farmers market and sold every single one for 5 bucks a pop, and come home with $150. take off money for materials, renting space at the market, running costs for ovens, in a really excellent environment you could earn $100 a day. Of course the time investment sucks nutsacks and depending on where youre selling you might not offload every loaf every day and you could also pay up to $50 for a stall, which is the average price for a place at a farmers market near me. could also just get a job at a bakery. work equally shit hours but guaranteed the money.
>>
>>883060

>design some hippie shit like iphone toilet paper dispenser
go crowdfunding
>>
>>883065
If you can make decent bread then teach people who too.

See if there is a community kitchen to hire, charge $30 a lesson to make one loaf.
>>
>>883060
http://www.cracked.com/article_22734_5-seemingly-lousy-jobs-that-can-earn-you-six-figures-year.html

Hotdog cart. There's one that wanders around downtown that calls himself "The Hotdog Pimp" and does most of his business at night when people are at the bars, and the guy is rolling in dough. Hotdog carts is where the real easy money's at brah.
>>
>>884006
This.

That boipussy is worth at least $100/hr on Backpage.
>>
File: 5623096511_22eca2dcfd.jpg (154 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
5623096511_22eca2dcfd.jpg
154 KB, 333x500
Theres alway money in the banana stand.
>>
I'm OP. I need more ideas. Kek
>>
>>883065
Prepare your anus to be raided by FDA.
>>
>>883395
Second this.
>>
>>883060
get something cheap you can get a lot of, coins, badges, pens, glasses for example, modify them to make them arty or nerdy...profit. a dremel is your friend for this
>>
>>885801
polished fossils are quite good too, a lot you can do with them in terms of jewelry and decoration. and fossil hunting is fun and a great day out if you have kids
>>
>>885462
Depending on where they are located, perhaps not. Florida has a law titled 'Cottage Foods' that specifically deals with making/selling small quantities of baked goods. As long as you meet the requirements, you're good to go.
>>
>>883060
Cutting boards and butcher blocks
>>
>>883197
>calculating cost of running ovens
not sure who's jewing who
>>
>>883349
Knitting is slightly more labor intensive than the baking suggestion, but a simple scarf takes a couple hours max with bulky/super bulky yarn and you don't have to deal with any real regulations, so it's not a terrible option. You can also use higher quality yarns in order to jack up the prices on certain products.
>>
>>883395
>>885634
Not him, but I can answer.
The kits can be found on Ebay for 120$ for the cheap chinese ones and on online shops for a little higher quality (and higher price).
They do not require a battery, there is a magneto coil in the engine that feeds a CDI that powers the spark plug.

Just google "Motorized bike engine kit" to find everything you need. I bought and mounted a 48cc 2 stroke engine I got for 120$, best 120$ I ever spent.
>>
>>883319
You'd save money by just sweeping up cats by yourself.
>>
File: IMG_3572.jpg (2 MB, 4000x2664) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3572.jpg
2 MB, 4000x2664
I do this things for myself. Thinking about starting to sell thom, takes a couple hours, the big ones sell for 80-120dollars. Stole the idea from etsy 's shop boxwoodtree

They have 627 sales in 3 years so it could pay off
>>
>>885184
I think if I was getting rammed in the ass for an hour I would pay the guy $100 to stop.
>>
>>886664
Interesting, thanks for sharing.
>>
>>883307
Where do you buy the kits from?
>>
>>883060
Kinda need more info than 'sell quickly and make a lot of money'
The answer for those who have no morality problems is what was already hinted at: sex sells. Buying and selling guns is also very profitable, but you have to know what you're doing and be brave.
My first analysis for you would be to get some seed money by doing something people don't like to do:
Dog walker
Pet Sitter
House cleaner
What kind of person are you? How far are you willing to go to make money? I don't just mean sex, I mean low down dirty jobs as well.
If you're a girly girl (nothing wrong with that) do something that ugly girls will pay you for, like image consultant or hair stylist. Make up artist is also pretty profitable if you get regular clients.
You have to tell us more about you for a better analysis of what you can do.
>>
>>887527
Just one more thing: Why is this image also on warosu.org?
>>
>>887304
My mom is making small amounts of money selling succulents and odd things to plant them in, usually glass knicknacks that I drill a hole in the bottom for drainage
This looks really cool
>>
>>887528
Its an archive of this site.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.