[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /diy/ any lockpickers around here that can tell me the name
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_6052.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6052.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
Hey /diy/ any lockpickers around here that can tell me the name of the last security pin in this picture? It's like a serrated pin but with angled cuts, it comes from a cisa standard electric gate lock. Also lock picking general?
>>
>>1022393
nifty, havent seen one like that before. i would call it a double mushroom pin if trying to explain it.
>>
>>1022508
>double-mushroom pin
Not a lantern pin? Cause it looks like a lantern...
>>
I've got a sentry s3460 safe with key but I don't know the combination and the key doesn't seem to open it on its own. Do I have to start entering combinations brute force style with this, or does anyone else have any experience opening them with any better advice?
>>
>>1022774
hourglass is a more universally used term than lantern
>>
File: Hour-Glass-Model-of-Learning.png (71 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Hour-Glass-Model-of-Learning.png
71 KB, 720x720
>>1023093
That looks nothing like an hourglass - there is a distinct middle section on the pin in question that hourglasses don't have.
>>
>>1023218
I know what an hourglass looks like
double hourglass
>>
>>1023226
>I know what an hourglass looks like
Excuse me, Mr. Hourglass - didn't realise you were the authority on the shape and form of hourglasses.

>double hourglass
So we've gone from double-mushroom to hourglass to double-hourglass.
Why can't we call it a "lantern" or a "barrel" for fuck's sake?
>>
>>1023230
>So we've gone from double-mushroom to hourglass to double-hourglass.

When I posted "hourglass" I figured the "double-mushroom" guy would understand that I too meant it to be "double".
Obviously thats the way it makes sense.

>Why can't we call it a "lantern" or a "barrel" for fuck's sake?

Because it doesnt look anything like a barrel, and lanterns come in so many different shapes that its a terrible name. You would literally have to preface it with
>lantern, like the comic book character logo not like the coleman lantern

Real good job you did there.

The hourglass shape is universal, and makes so much more sense.

Im actually dumbfounded by your posts, like you feel offended and attacked somehow.
>>
>>1023235
>The hourglass shape is universal, and makes so much more sense
>Im actually dumbfounded by your posts, like you feel offended and attacked somehow.
I meant it more as a social commentary - hourglass makes no sense to me but we won't change the term like we're scared or something. I can see how you thought I was taking it personally, seeing as I kept quoting you - guess that's my bad.

When I look at the pin in question the first thought in my mind is not "hourglass".
>>
>>1022393
It's a security pin. You don't need to name it.
Naming it won't give you power over it.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Guts from a cisa padlock, 4 spools and a serrated pin, also either the bottom and top pins have the heads slightly rounded
>>
>>1023241
Y'all wrong niggas, it definitly looks like a squashed candy
>>
>>1023261
Lmao
>>
>>1023261
I can definitely see "squashed candy"
>>
it's a spool, dudes
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.