[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Real quick, does anyone know how to make a filter or mask for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: 1465348322171.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1465348322171.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Real quick, does anyone know how to make a filter or mask for sleep gas? A friends house got gassed a while ago by robbers, and they took all his shit.

I have cams and replaced my doors/locks with tougher ones.

Pic unrelated. Halp pls?
>>
File: abe.gif (473 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
abe.gif
473 KB, 320x240
uh...
>>
Without knowing what they used, your best bet is going to be a refurbed milsurp mask. New filter cans and everything.
>>
>>1021411
Do you live in Syria?
>>
>>1021429
>Syria?
Russia
>>
No such thing as sleep gas?
That part might be a problem.

Anything that will knock you out will probably kill you shortly after. That is why the anesthesiologist sits there monitoring you while you are knocked out in a clinical setting. Everything they might give you is not far from killing you dead.

Fine, fine, whatever.
Be batman. Use your BatSleepGasBlockingMask.
>>
>>1021438
>>1021462
He's russian, and russians have a history of dealing with criminals using sleep gas.
Not a good history, but a history.
>>
>>1021462
That's why he wants a gasmask capable of (hopefully) blocking whatever it is.

Some protection is better than no protection.

Problem is, most filters are specific to each gas/contaminant.
>>
File: 2015-11-16-2421.jpg (2 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-16-2421.jpg
2 MB, 4000x3000
>>1021466
>this exists

okay then, something new every day

have this thing lying about, used to be a radiation air filter for a calculator room from the 80s (or was it part of the cooling system only, can't remember).

good to know I finally have an use for it.
>>
>>1021462
'Sleeping gas' in the context of robbery is most often carbon monoxide. However, most 'sleeping gas' robberies have turned out to be false. 'Filters' are impractical for this.

However, a carbon monoxide alarm might be worth it to wake you up and start a ventilator. So long as you can get fresh air in, you'll be fine.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.