[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skateboard Modification
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Hey there /diy/nosaurs. I have an old skateboard that i want to convert into a cruiser. I looked into a lot of the specifics and based personal preferences i have created a shopping list of items that would be good to buy. Problem is that i have such little expereince with boards that i really don't know if i'm throwing away all my money here. My point in posting this is to get some tips and help making my shopping list cheaper and to assure whether or not this is a smart project. All help is appreciated!
(Attached pic is of the board and "shopping list soon to follow")
>>
File: image.jpg (110 KB, 750x908) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110 KB, 750x908
Shopping List part 1
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 750x714) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 750x714
Shopping list part 2
>>
Once again, all help is appreciated, be it reviews of the products, personal experience, deals, or just general knowledge on this topic.
>>
Will you even use it?
>>
Yes, I do plan on using it.
See, the board that is pictured is very old (needs new bearings, wheels and brushings) I'm not really coordinated enough to do tricks when I skate, so I wanted to convert it into a cruiser so I could essentially have a small and budget board to get to my classes.
>>
File: 1331842957441.jpg (38 KB, 372x399) Image search: [Google]
1331842957441.jpg
38 KB, 372x399
>>1021383
>>1021386
>purple
>green
I sense underage
>>
more like the cheapest options available
>>
It would be easier to just get a cruiser deck than try to convert it. And you'd get a better result. A cruiser will give you more space for your feet, cutting that board will give you less and it won't turn out symmetrical.

Unless you're just talking about putting hardware on that makes cruising easier, in which case I'd say that's hardly a modification, as much as getting off road tires on a truck, or getting running shoes for your feet. I'd still say get a fish deck, if you just want to roll, it's a helluva lot more comfortable after 3 miles.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.