[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not sure if this is the right board: Backyard was overgrown
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 885911349802.jpg (197 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
885911349802.jpg
197 KB, 900x900
Not sure if this is the right board:

Backyard was overgrown so I went out to mow, ended up hitting the TV cable. It was wrapped around the blades something awful but nothing broken, just exposed copper now. I continued mowing but it had a different sound. Suddenly, there was an unearthly screenching sound and I turned it off. Now the cord will barely pull and, of course, I'm hesitant to try starting it again.

Suggestions?
>>
if the cord wont pull its probably something blocking the blades i would take it apart from the bottom to see if any copper has wrapped around
the innards
>>
>>1019331
Nah there's nothing wrapped around it anymore.
>>
>>1019327
If the mower came to a sudden stop you've probably twisted your crankshaft.
>>
>>1019331
This. There has to be something binding up the crankshaft.
>>
>>1019332
You take the blade off and check?
>>
Is there oil underneath. You may have wrecked the seal.
>>
>>1019420
>Is there oil underneath. You may have wrecked the seal.
which allowed all the oil to leak out
which caused the engine to seize
which made a screeching sound
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.