[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So guys, I'm a bit of a noob to this stuff, and I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 400x267
So guys, I'm a bit of a noob to this stuff, and I'm wondering what would be the best way to put a 3d wizard on the side of my zippo. I want to draw the wizard design myself. Any idea on how I could do it?
>>
make a stencil and engrave it
>>
Look up laser engraved zippo.

Guy used to do it at the local flea market, it was $25 plus the cost of the item or you could bring an item in. He used specialized equipment that probably cost a good bit of coin, but he did zippos, dog tags and blocks of glass as well as anything metal that was relatively flat(he had a knife blade on display).
>>
>>1018240
Used engravers are usually expensive, so best to /diy/ the design then have it lasered or mechanically engraved. Any trophy shop can do that. Ask what format they want the drawing in so you can bring it as a file.
>>
>>1018317
you can buy small engravers for like $20
>>
>>1018322
The freehand style will work, but is the design is complex it's also easy to screw up. They are fun to play with though.
>>
>>1018324
that's why i suggested making a stencil. basically do it like you would a tattoo. i'd practice on a few pieces of scrap metal first. even if you do fuck up Zippos aren't that expensive, especially the plain ones
>>
>>1018234
Find/make one and glue it to the case. Loctite (and probably others) have a methyl ester 2 part glue that I found could permanently bond plastic and probably anything else to stainless.
>>
>>1018234
I think it would be cool to do like a toner transfer electrochemical etch.
or you could do a 3d design and have it made by shapeways or something and glue it on
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.