[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
cancel noise from outside
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (61 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
61 KB, 1280x720
My bedroom is next to the bathroom.
I can hear everytime someone pees. It's been like that for the last 6 years, and it's finally killing me slowly. I have to turn on music when I hear someone going to the bathroom. And my brother is a inconsiderate asshat who is most likely aware he's too loud but still doesn't give a shit. I have to sleep with headphones on, with rain sound so nobody wakes me up.

What materials are good to cover the wall of my bedroom? Wouldn't want to cover the bathroom's wall because the shower would get whatever material wet.
I'm on a budget as well. Third-world spic here. Hence having the bedroom next to the bathroom everyone uses.

I'm a jr. developer who works from home, so it's like that all the fucking time. It's one of the main reasons I want to get more money and move out to an appartment.

>pic not related but pewds had his office covered like that to absorb the noise he makes, but I need to cancel the noise coming from the bathroom
>>
>>1018076
build a a brick wall with a 50mm gap in front of the wall
>>
nevermind
I'm buying a white noise machine maker from amazon and will keep it on 24/7
>needs to pay extra shipping because third-world
why was my mom so cruel and let me be born and raised here
>>
>>1018083
>I'm buying a white noise machine maker

Shit man just use your phone... download the white noise mp3... and play it...
>>
>>1018076
stuff keeping noise in a room works to keep it out as well. the same foam material will work great, or since you're thirdworld, cardboard egg cartons work to a degree.
>>
>>1018076
It doesn't absorb the noise, it absorbs frequencies, so no bass buildup or echo or tinny sounds, it has a better chance of making the sounds more pleasing to the ear than blocking them altogether. I've spent much time in many studios, unless you have double thickness walls with air gaps and dampening material on contact surfaces you'll still get a decent amount of sound. For the amount that stuff costs compared how likely it is to solve your problems. No, egg cartons don't work, they have a minor impact on echo if placed properly, but a picture frame would to.
>>
File: 1.0x0.jpg (27 KB, 770x463) Image search: [Google]
1.0x0.jpg
27 KB, 770x463
soft puffy earplugs.

/thread
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.