[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anaerobic digester
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
I making the plans for renovating a bus to live in and I'm thinking of converting the engine to run on compressed Bio gas so I can use my shit and wasted food as fuel. Was wondering if anyone knew anything about the conflicts and safety hazards of installing an anaerobic digestion chamber in place of a septic tank. Also, advice on converting internal combustion engines would be great.
>>
I already know about the compression process and the need for filtering for sulfates, CO2 and particle matter. I more so need to know about dilemmas involved in trying to fit the chamber under the floor and the possible efficiency drawbacks in the size limits
>>
If you want enough gas to cook some food yes but run the engine nope. You would need a lot more shit for that than one person can produce.
>>
do you know of any sources that elaborate on the ratios of waste to produced methane? I'd rather not test this myself
>>
>>1017589
Can't you just google it?
"good sources of methane"
and also, you are going to need a lot more shit than just from 1 person. anyway good luck
>>
>>1017589
Your best bet is to collect dung from cattle and pig ranches and set up a processing plant where you could prebottle gas. Worldwide, cows produce the most greenhouse gas (methane) mostly from burps and farts but those are a bitch to collect
>>
File: IMG_9352.jpg (207 KB, 726x485) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9352.jpg
207 KB, 726x485
Seems big in India.

http://www.rushlane.com/iit-delhi-biogas-passenger-car-with-fuel-mileage-of-24-11-kmkg-12108921.html
>>
Plenty of info for Googling.

You won't make enough gas to be useful.
>>
http://www.fovbiogas.com/biogas-calculator/

>>1017584
It really depends on several factors, one being how far you are driving.

>>1017614
I agree with this sourcing.

>>1017567
>trying to fit the chamber under the floor

Got a sketch of what you want to do? Personally, I'd just set aside space in the bus, not under it. Fixing this stuff isn't fun when you have to crawl under something.
>>
I want to make a bio-reactor as well but only run it off yard waste, lawn clippings, etc.
>>
>>1017807

>touching the inside of the shitbucket
>>
>>1019005
You need a properly balance mix. For instance you can't just have pure feces/manure, you must also use some stuff like hay/yard clippings/kitchen scraps to give the microbes the proper balance. I don't remember the exactly ratio but it is something like 3 parts manure/1 part grass/cellulose material up to 5 parts manure/1 part grass. Do some googling.

Trying to use pure yard-waste types of stuff won't work very well, but not impossible.
>>
File: chinaBiogas.jpg (30 KB, 554x326) Image search: [Google]
chinaBiogas.jpg
30 KB, 554x326
>>1017565
Hey /diy/ I got a blue drum for free that I want to turn into a methane biodigester. I have it all planned out already and really it's more as a science project than for something overly useful. If enough people are interested I'll buy all parts and post on my progress over the weekend. In meantime let me post fomr info stuffs.
>>
File: mami_lel.png (311 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
mami_lel.png
311 KB, 600x600
>>1019468
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SQ26MVbT2w
http://shaunsbackyard.com/746/biogas-digester/
>>
>>1019472
Wow, what a complete and utter waste of fucking time. Seriously.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.