[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help diy. I need it. I am literally boiling with red hot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Heritic.jpg (16 KB, 232x217) Image search: [Google]
Heritic.jpg
16 KB, 232x217
I need help diy. I need it. I am literally boiling with red hot seething rage. Fucking geese. Canadian rat with wings. They have always been a nuisance, i live behind a small lake. They came into my yard today and destroyed my garden. All my cantaloupe and watermelon are dead. Shit everywhere. I need a way to make them leave and never come back. I can't kill them or use firearms. Its a protected bird and i can be arrested for discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a home. Cheap would be cool too. I thought about a bb gun. Not sure if it has the range. They can be up to 60 feet away. I want it to hurt if i do.
>>
do you have a dog?

if no

do you have a remote controlled boat?

you will need to use one of these to chase them away with out contacting them for fear of the feds
>>
Do canadian geese fear bird flash tape?

Put a net out seasonally to cover it?
>>
60 feet isn't much. You can hit one from there with a weak BB or airsoft gun (maybe just not on the first shot--they aren't very accurate).

I'd say a pellet gun but then you run the risk of winging or killing one and you'll have to hide the evidence.

Alternatively you can just use bird repellent
>>
>>1017523
hurting it is fine, it just can't kill it or make a loud noise. Nosy neighbors would report me, they suck. Think a 600 fps spring loaded rifle would kill them or just wound?
>>
>>1017525
Could kill if it's a head shot. Hit them in the body and you should be golden. What about a slingshot?
>>
>>1017525
It's hard to say. Should just wound them, but if you clip their wing (I've broken a seagull's wing with my 700 fps pellet gun as a kid from about 40 yards) you've got a flightless bird in your yard with a pellet stuck in it that has to die and be hidden. At least they taste good--just be sneaky if you accidentally take one down.

But geese are pretty big and pellets are heavier than BBs, so I think you should be fine.
Also you can get a blow dart gun with stun darts. They're just heavy plastic pieces with a steel blunt tip. Not as easy to aim and the range isn't incredible, but they hurt like a motherfucker and it'd be pretty fucking fun desu if you're a twisted bird torturing monster.
>>
>>1017557
A slingshot that would hit one reliably at 60 feet could easily kill one or break a wing then you've got that same problem I described above.

I'd avoid it.
>>
>>1017560
>>1017560
Im pissed enough to be a sick twisted bird torturing fuck, sounds good. Might also get some inflatable swans for the yard. It pisses me off that the are still protected, not even close to being endangered.
>>
>>1017519
Lol " rats with wings"
>>
>>1017519
Get a remote car and drive it around them. After a few times they may get the point.
>>
File: yellow_guy_tube.jpg (41 KB, 500x426) Image search: [Google]
yellow_guy_tube.jpg
41 KB, 500x426
>>1017519
you're welcome
>>
>>1017519
>Rats with wings
Nigga those are pigeons, you got something much larger, like a fucking possum with wings.
>>1017582
>We witness OP falling into insanity.
Kek.

I don't really have much of an answer. Geese and really all large birds are real double niggers, like tiny dogs that bite. They attack you or fuck up your shit and while you can easily kill them, laws and polite society don't allow you.
>>
>>1017519
.22 lr, put some cloth and steel wool in a water bottle. That or get a small bb gun. Also it's only protected if they see you shooting those stupid fuckers.
>>
I'm not entirely convinced that geese get the connection of pain and going there. I'd assume they're way too stupid to combine these two things and to reach the conclusion to never come back.
>>
>>1017677
good job at getting some /diy/ke arrested for JFK'ing geese with a home made muffler
this is highly illegal - draw your own conclusions
>>
>>1017519
I think a slingshot would work well as long as you came up with some kind of non-lethal ammo

paintballs would probably not be a great idea since you wouldn't want a bunch of fluorescent birds giving it away

I would try rolling clay or playdoh into balls, shoot, you can even make your own similar to a basic dough you'd use for baking (literally water and flour)....it doesn't get much cheaper than that
>>
>>1017712
forgot to mention some form of permanent garden screen/fence/cover would be good to have
>>
>>1017519
I have an aunt and uncle who live on a lake where geese used to summer. The final solution is to addle the eggs of every nest on the lake. Keep it up for a few years and maintain a lookout thereafter, and the geese will leave the lake and its surroundings alone.
>>
>>1017715
>the geese will leave the lake and its surroundings alone
you meant: the population will have died out
>>
>>1017717
I mean: breeding pairs will avoid places where eggs fail to hatch. OP won't have to wait for a generation of geese to die off (which would take a decade or two).
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.