[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Building a Power supply for a tattoo machine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Ive been a tattoo artist for 3 years+ 2 years of apprenticeship.

I tend to modify my machines , but i wanna try and build up a power supply, i got medium electronics knowledge and practice (laptops/amps)

I cand find any diagrams for the specific one i want ( with just the electric feed/ output to the power cord..wich is something i can get from guitar cables,cause my machines dont use rc cables)
and i dont use foot pedals, i like perpetual motion.
ahh too much bla bla

Sorry if i dont get myself clear, English is not my native lenguage.

Pic is related, looks like my powersource.
>>
>>1016556
What kind of voltage do tattoo guns usually need?
>>
its got an adjustable slider like in pic related (left/red)
>>
commonly it can slide from 0 to 15,20.

but you adjust it at 7~9
>>
fuck i typed a lot and it got erased .

Machines and the power supplies are very basic, even the cords and uhhhh everything is basic amd kinda... primitive .. mostly.

Well the power supply after its connected , you gotta adjust the voltage with a potentiometer. and the next component its the power cord. its got an audio jack end and a conductive" poles" end

machines are basically 2 types

coils and motors (rotaries)

motors spin the niddles in a circular motion so it goes in an out of the skin

and coils generate an electromagnetic field to move a metal post wich is perpendicular to the attached niddle to generate an up and down motion so it goes on the skin, in and out.

basic.
>>
>>1016697

Where are you from? Because of A/C voltage in your region.

Also what would you like your supply to do different? Or do you just want to make it for kicks?

Do you have any complaints about the current supply you own?
>>
>>1016759
Along with this we need to know how much current does a tattoo gun draw. During normal use and peak if possible.
>>
Im from mexico, i travel to california for some courses and papers i need like the health coachings and indications and sanitary indications, and sometimes tattoing.

California/Mexico (Baja California)
>>
https://youtu.be/FH05T4pHVgI

Something like this.. thing is I dont use foot pedals mostly, cause i had a problem with one once and i opted for perpetual since.

I would change the diagram if i can, and take off the foot pedal so the machine runs perpetually.

Besides i dont wanna die and get electrified hahahhaha.

but everything seems good om the video. My power supply is very small... but i dont mind a bigger one cause that one is flimsy
>>
btw i actually asked in a lot of places , but Personally couldnt find that info you asked.
>>
>>1016798
>btw i actually asked in a lot of places , but Personally couldnt find that info you asked.

Do you just want a simple diagram to make your own supply or would you like to have special features on it?
>>
>>1016556
>>1016556

It's not worth it, OP.

How much power do you need? consider just using a cellphone charger.

If that isn't enough, get a power supply from a computer. I picked up a 200 watt supply for a project for less than 5 bucks at a thrift store.

If you need it to be adjustable, buy yourself a nice high power pot from Ebay or digikey. You might need to limit the current with a resistor. Easy as that.
>>
>>106850 #

Sounds Fair , i just wanted to build my own stuff.. Out of scratch.

The video its got a diagram but i dont use a "foot pedal" and i dont know if that means modifying the whole thing.

I wanted it to be custom, small and sturdy. most of those are flimsy.

Its not for prison use anon, and i can buy budget/expensive ones.

Its just for the fuck of it, i wanna build one and I wanna know how they work mostly, but dont wanna take appart mine.

I might go ahead and but a very unexpensive one and take it apart
>>
i might just go ahead and take it appart then
>>
>>1016850
I used an xbox 360 power suppy with a potentiometer for my machine
>>
my 360 still works, i could sacrifice it
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.