[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'd like to make pixel art using beads and sell the fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: hama[1].jpg (152 KB, 1314x573) Image search: [Google]
hama[1].jpg
152 KB, 1314x573
I'd like to make pixel art using beads and sell the fuck out of them.
The problem is, I'll probably need to buy beads in bulk for every color, and it's expensive.

Is there any way I can make my own beads or is there a better alternative?
>>
>>1015734
>I'll probably need to buy beads
this is known as business
if beads were free then everyone would make and sell these things and so the market would flood and nobody would buy them
>>
Go to goodwill and buy up all the shit the socker moms drop off youll get them for a lot less but have to sort them out
>>
File: 1448316658788.png (64 KB, 211x180) Image search: [Google]
1448316658788.png
64 KB, 211x180
>>1015745
>sort them out
>>
>>1015734
You can probably get them for a dollar a pound on ebay, they're just little plastic rings. Not worth the time to make them, unless that's your goal.
>>
>>1015751
Yep, just looked them up. Apparently they're called perler beads, and they go for about a dollar per thousand. They even sell mixed beads in bulk, if you want a bunch of different colors and don't mind being in a miniature version of lego hell.
>>
>>1015734
oh god, those things triggered my autism hard in my childhood.
>placing the last bead in a little detail in the middle of the pattern i was making
>my chubby kid fingers drop the bead
>lands sideways and pushes the nearby beads out
>oh fiddlesticks
>try to pry it out with my fingers
>end up toppling other beads too
>entire project ruined
>have to sit in mom's lap to calm me down
>>
I used to chew on them, good times
>>
You expect to make money off perler bead projects? You can buy the kits at every craft store in the US. Plus every kid that was born in the 80-90s will probably still have the shitty ones they made as a kid.
>>
>>1015834
Haha me too.
>>
There's no market for this, OP. Sorry. Please forget about it and think of something else.
>>
>>1017280
If you get a stall at a convention with 8bit looking shit they sell no problem. But more of a hobby than a business
>>
>>1015734
buy a bead lathe off of gearbest
>>
>>1017280
>There's no market for this, OP.

There is a considerable market of copyright-violating bead art, just no profit. Etsy is flooded by people selling their work for a few cents an hour.

There is a reason everything is made in China now.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.