[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I live in a very dry desert and there are TONS of water bugs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: mojave-desert.jpg (98 KB, 620x414) Image search: [Google]
mojave-desert.jpg
98 KB, 620x414
I live in a very dry desert and there are TONS of water bugs outside my house at night and they manage to get inside. I also have huge weeds despite there not being any substantial plantlife in the area.

I just found out that my neighbor is flooding her yard with water on a regular basis. I have no idea why. I think that's what is causing the weeds. Could it be causing the water bugs, too?
>>
>>1014468
destroy her water supply
>>
The weeds are probably growing naturally.

Water doesn't flow laterally unless it hits a surface that restricts flow enough to send it laterally.
>>
>>1014536
Huh, wonder why they're growing in my yard and nobody else's. Literally my yard is the greenest place in the desert (except for the park down the street with a lawn).
>>
>>1014536
Oh, I think it is solid rock or whatever a couple inches under the sand. Couldn't it be traveling under the sand or something?
>>
>>1014718

Well it would be strange that your yard is greener than hers since hers is where the source is. Unless you have a mini basin under yours. Or your neighbors spend time killing off desert weeds?

Take a pic so we can see what kind of weeds and the difference between hers and yours.
>>
>>1014468
Literally tons? I got it why don't you build a devicd that attracts and crushs them to get the water out. Most insects are attracted to blue light, so lure them into a fan that blows them into a grinder.
>>
>>1015001
Water your plants with the watery remains of crushed insects.
>>
>>1015001
>Literally tons?

Well, at night, there will inevitably be at least a couple crawling around and a couple on the wall outside. I usually find one or two in the house at night.

>Most insects are attracted to blue light, so lure them into a fan that blows them into a grinder.

I don't really have any outside outlets. Also the contraption you described doesn't seem terribly reliable.

>>1014731
Well frankly I'm not too concerned about the weeds, just the water bugs.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.