[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /diy/, is it possible for someone to make a /diy/ version
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 14448808.jpg (50 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
14448808.jpg
50 KB, 480x480
Hey /diy/, is it possible for someone to make a /diy/ version of these things? If so, how do people generally do so? Some of them fail, and I'd need to know the components on what's needed to make these on my own.

Pic related, got some for 4th of july, but some failed for some shit reason.
>>
>>1014355
Silver Fulminate - good luck!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bang_snaps
>>
>>1014356

Thanks, but one thing...

If there's too much of that in one bag, does that make the bang louder?
>>
>>1014358
Seriously? I gave you the fucking article, read it!
>Despite producing a legitimate (albeit tiny) high-explosive detonation, the extremely high mass ratio of gravel to explosive acts as a buffer to ensure that the devices produce only the audible "crack" of the supersonic shockwave
The more you add, the bigger the bang. Pass the right threshold and you have a weapon. READ!!!
>>
The euros have this one sorted.

Google karabit carbide etc

https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1465306480606.webm
>>
File: hadescoffeecup.jpg (321 KB, 792x825) Image search: [Google]
hadescoffeecup.jpg
321 KB, 792x825
>>1014355

Hey OP, watch this:

Add too much in it and it becomes a weapon of anarchy, add too little, makes little noise.

The more, the louder. The less, the less louder the noise gets.

Don't put too much unless you're cooking anarchist's cookbook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrEIEDA2i4k
>>
>>1014362
a science teacher once told me how he used to do something similar with gas and two cans

turns out it works....with propane especially
>>
File: dxDNkhv.jpg (37 KB, 589x354) Image search: [Google]
dxDNkhv.jpg
37 KB, 589x354
>>1014355
Yes. Shave off the side of a large safety matchbox. Scrape off the heads of wooden safety matches. Mix powdered safety match heads with the other at a 2.0/0.5 ratio, ( 2 parts match heads to 1/2 part side striker powder... Shit goes bang on impact.
>>
>>1014371
That's Armstrong's mixture.

I's cheaper and more effective to just buy a thimble of the stuff from a magic shop.
>>
>>1014362
>karabit
isn't that just calcium carbide? We had an anon asking about using that to genocide some moles. Wonder if his lawn blew up.
>>
>>1014391
That reminds me of that one anon on /k/ who gassed his moles with acetylene and then lit it on fire for good measure.

He described it as "Turning my back yard into a scale model of a WWI Battle field."
>>
File: wasp_genocide.png (166 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
wasp_genocide.png
166 KB, 1366x768
>>1014391
>>1014394
We have those.
>>
>>1014391
Yeah. Its a slav word for carbide as far as I can tell..
>>
>>1014362
Our farmers play with this during holidays in NL, I've even seen converted manure tanks specifically built for this shit.

>rip all windows within 500m
>>
>>1014355
iodine crystals
>>
>>1014358
If there's too much in one bag, it will self-detonate from its own weight. The stuff is far from stable.
>>
>>1014605
What do they do with calcium carbide apart from play with it?

Of what I see the ones that killed the windows were using a propane / oxygen mix rather than acetylene/air.
>>
>>1014355
Youtube
King of random thundercaps
>>
>>1014726
Ahem that would be nitrogen triiodine. Made by mixing ammonia and iodine and putting it on little paper towels
>>
>>1015004
triiodide*
>>
>>1014818
They use it as a pesticide to repel small rodents and moles.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.