[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh boy, /diy/ looks like I got a package! Wonder what's inside!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: IMG_20160624_132325701.jpg (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160624_132325701.jpg
1 MB, 1440x2560
Oh boy, /diy/ looks like I got a package! Wonder what's inside!
>>
File: IMG_20160624_182411.jpg (746 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160624_182411.jpg
746 KB, 1440x2560
Just kidding, not gonna go through all that unboxing bullshit on a board this slow. But it's a free $200 fluke multimeter that they gave me for nothing. If anyone's interested I'll tell the story of how y'all can get your own.
>>
>>1013535
no fuck off
>>
Buy $600 worth of fluke tools and return them?
>>
>>1013535
You gonna make a youtube review or what?
>>
>>1013535
I always thought it was kind of funny having a company named "Fluke"; really inspires confidence in the brand

anyway sage goes in all fields, try the qtddot thread next time
>>
File: fluke-3.jpg (75 KB, 504x425) Image search: [Google]
fluke-3.jpg
75 KB, 504x425
Well, I'd like to know how you did it.
>>
>>1013535
I do need a new mult, I lost mine somewhere
>>
>>1013570
See
>>1013544

Fluke had a promo going on called rugged power of fluke, where for purchasing some amount of fluke tools from authorized resellers, youd get a free gift. From $550 to $1000, the fluke 117 was an option. The interesting thing with the promotion is that you only have to scan in and send a copy of your receipt- you don't have to cut out the UPC (unless they, in their sole discretion, ask for it. The fine text says they might ask for more info, but they didn't for me.)

I happen to work at one of the resellers (frys electronics) and our return policy is already pretty lenient. So I bought $650 worth of multimeter accessories (just so the receipt would seem legit) and returned them instantly. I scanned in the receipt that night and was approved the next day without any hassle.

The only issue was that I did this in April, and the meter didn't arrive till yesterday (they do say 10-12 weeks) but a free multimeter is worth waiting for.

Anyways, they are doing the promo again (under the name reliable power of fluke) so if you want to try for a free meter (or carrying case or whatever), give it a shot. At the risk of sounding like a shill, I will say that frys return associates are dumb as a brick, so if you do the promo through us you'll be able to return the shit within 30 days without any hassle. I'd say to keep it for a few days in case fluke wants you to tell them the serial numbers or whatever.

>>1013553
This is now the free fluke shit general. Welcome to summer.
>>
>how to commit fraud: the thread
>>
>>1013834
>NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY
It's only fraud if it's illegal, if it's legal then it's just entrepenurialism.
>>
>>1013902
This isn't a luck based giveaway though, so they can't be held to the "no purchase necessary" thing, so purchasing is indeed necessary. However, they can't force you to keep the original items at all, so this cheat is legal and not fraud.
>>
>>1013834
More like
>how to fuck the guy who actually buys those meters at frys out of his promotion.

Stealing from a working man, not just a corporation. Shame on you, would you steal his tools out of his work van too?
>>
kek someone fucked up. By the way OP your paper is translucent.
>>
>>1013998
Again, the serial numbers weren't required. Someone else can buy literally the same exact boxes I did and still get the free shit
>>
>>1014079
The receipts from frys show the serial number you fucking mong
You sent them a copy of the receipt

Its now been blacklisted. You are a fuck.
>>
>>1014092
U wot m8

Like I said, I work there. Only certain products, like hard drives and video cards, require a serial number scan. The shit I bought (which, to be fair, was a bunch of accessories rather than one meter) werent required to have the numbers scanned.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.