[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What sort of DIY videos do you want to see [more of] on YouTube?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: i got wood.jpg (86 KB, 500x661) Image search: [Google]
i got wood.jpg
86 KB, 500x661
What sort of DIY videos do you want to see [more of] on YouTube?

What are some of your favorite channels?
>>
>>1012212
"Yep, that's wood alright"
>>
Wandel, Sellers, Ramsey, Make It Extreme, Hornberger, Bates, those are the ones i really enjoy.

DiResta is a guilty pleasure, as is AvE and April Wilkerson.
>>
>>1012321
>wilkerson

I feel weird watching her right next to my wife, but she doesn't seem to mind. In fact, she's asked me to apply some of April's designs around the house.
>>
>>1012324
Will your wife apply some of Wilkerson's short shorts in return?
>>
>>1012212

Chris Salomone. i've discovered this guy a few days ago, it's interesting, like the total opposite of diresta. i'm not too interested in his designs, but the way he works and make his videos are nice.
>>
>>1012321
>as is AvE
I don't know why, but every time he says "canadian pesos" it gets a giggle out of me.
>>
jmantzel is god
>>
>>1012321
Wwmm? I love that man.
>>
All these shows on DIY network and HGTV are so focused on showing homeowners make shit look easy and that you can flip a kitchen or bathroom in a day fucking suck. Sure its easy when everything is planned out, ordered, scheduled, have a literal army of tradesmen available and editing out all the technical shit.

If they're going to sell how easy the finished product looks and say "heres what you could do to your kitchen!" then there should be some kind of show that gets into the skills needed to build and install that kind of shit too. Like a This Old House kind of show without getting into the design and new technology and just having Tom Silva showing how to cut rafters and stairs, or install cabinets, patch floors, frame walls for the entire show.
>>
Darbin orvar
>>
>>1012212
/diy/nosaur-sc/out/ reporting. I can't believe nobody has mentioned primitive technology yet. This guy does everything himself, and without saying a word. YouTube needs more content like that. Less talking, more doing.
>>
>>1012723
I got all these tools and supplies from ((((ROCKLER))))
>>
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 900x900
> for this project i'm gonna
> MICROJIG!!!!
>>
>>1012347
Gotta agree with this. Found his first video a couple months ago and was astonished with the quality. Really good at MCM design.
>>
File: eyes.jpg (46 KB, 441x379) Image search: [Google]
eyes.jpg
46 KB, 441x379
>>1013003
Oh, here comes the clean-shaven, well-read and
well-rested commie.
>>
>>1012347
>>1013013
Just gave a glance at it, this guy seems like the Non-Alberto Barbosa version of
Get Hands Dirty
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/6488jesse

The Samurai Carpenter

some may think he a bit of a douche, has some cool design ideas and his traditional Japanese joinery shit is jawdropping.
>>
>>1013076
I wanna put his workbench vid on repeat for hours. But yeah, once he opens his mouth it's kinda ruined for me.
>>
>>1012212
Raw videos where its like your grandfather trying to teach you something.
Not overproduced videos, not selling me something, not trying to impress me, not trying to dumb things down into easy step by step shit.
Just genuine, warm diy videos where people ramble and go off on tangents and all that jazz. Like actual diy

https://www.youtube.com/user/Figbash3
>>
>>1013095
Also this guys channel is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrfnfhxVZbB0lLAJr7F80zQ/videos

This isnt really /diy/, but its really interesting and fun to watch. Especially for people who have never worked in trades before.
>>
Laura Kampf - mix of materials and artsy stuff, she also has some music vlog thing for non mainstream music for those interested

Ian Atkinson - leatherworking craftsman. he's got some really long videos, i usualy speed them up.

Scott Lewis - watch his coolest cutting board ever with scott and lewis. artsy project artsy filming.

SV Seeker - SV FUCKING SEEKER is building a huge ass boat, getting ready for the zombie apocalypse.

PhilipStephens007 - this dude is amazing, he makes handpupets and things, but with reaaaly rudimentary tools. he is from NZ but lives in Colombia. realy cool guy.

I Build It Home - this is John Heisz second channel when he does house renovations on his new house. his main channel is woodworking stuff. love this guy. guess hes got 3 channels, "i build it" is the third.

Keith Newstead - makes automata stuff, only showing off creations not building them on video, still fucking cool.

Primitive Technology - watch this kid go in Australian bush with nothing but his shorts and a camera and build stuff from scratch with OUT any tools. from tools and weapons to shelter and food. i find his videos calming, since he never talks and all you can hear is the forest and occasional airplane overhead.
>>
In case anyone wants the book:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByvgMyFLYghYaUtJcFdxcnBOQTA
>>
Master List
>>
File: NEEAAH.jpg (64 KB, 640x512) Image search: [Google]
NEEAAH.jpg
64 KB, 640x512
>>1013178
Oh shit I actually do. Thanks dude.
>>
bring back nurdrage
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.