[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best way to hang something that has no cord/hole
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1452519573092.jpg (110 KB, 469x359) Image search: [Google]
1452519573092.jpg
110 KB, 469x359
What's the best way to hang something that has no cord/hole on a wall, without even piercing the wall? It would be great if it could be attached and detached from the wall when I want.
>>
>>1012048
put up a shelf and then put anything on it
>>
>>1012048
if it's not heavy then Command Strips usually work
>>
>>1012048
Hang from the ceiling against the wall. If it's stipple ceiling just put some toothpaste in the holes and paint the ceiling when youre done hanging shit. Actually, just make a tiny hole in the wall and fix it later that way, because it's the easiest thing to fix in a home.
>>
suction cups?
double side sticky tape?
staples?
phlegm?
>>
Blutac?

Neodynium magnets if there are steel nails or screws inside the wall.
>>
>>1012395
>Blutac?
Fuck no, blutack stains are a massive bitch. I learned the lesson the hard way. It stains both the hanging object (at least if it's paper, like posters) and the wall. Or just pulls off a spot of paint from the wall when you remove it.

Fuck Blutack seriously, it's only a notch better than using a chewing gum or hot glue.
>>
File: 1465771901326.gif (538 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1465771901326.gif
538 KB, 320x240
>>1012414
Very agreeable.
Blutack is shit on its own, the drywall in my old apartment looked like somebody columbined in there after taking all posters off.

I do however consider it now using it along with masking tape as a buffer to go easy on the mineral paint. Would that do the trick?
>>
File: hanging_apparatus.jpg (67 KB, 550x378) Image search: [Google]
hanging_apparatus.jpg
67 KB, 550x378
>>1012048
Build a wooden frame/stand like pic related, but smaller.
Replace the nooses with whatever you want to suspend.
>>
you all are dumb. sticky velcro tape
>>
>>1012550
You didn't think that one through, did you?

If OP is loaded could use geckotape.
>>
>>1012504
Sounds like that wouldn't be any better than just using masking tape, since that's the weakest link
>>
MAGNETS
>>
>>1012557
loaded? I can get like 10 feet of the stuff at Joann fabrics for about 7$
>>
>>1012071
>>1012048
3M 'Command' removable hooks are reasonably good for hanging a picture on a wall. But like blutac you can remove paint from the wall if it's not painted properly. Retouching a small area of a painted wall isn't the biggest deal though either. I've successfully done it in a couple of rentals. Most landlords don't notice that shit anyway.
>>
>>1012593
Yeah but you'd have to roll/triangle it up weirdly, as it is a single-sided tape, which almost fails every time.
It wouldn't be the weakest link tough if the ratio were 1/4 square inch to one unit of blutack.
Talking lightweight shit like posters btw, no way I'm not nailing down something heavier.
>>
DOUBLE SIDED TAPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>1012756
You must be a complete retard. Command hooks use the tab to shear the adhesive off the wall, which presents next to zero pull on the paint.

You should try to remove them correctly next time.
>>
>>1012791
Lel what a faggot.

Like the other anon said, if it's not painted correctly or shitty and old, the paint can still give.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.