[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you install a bike hanger in an apartment? I'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
File: Tern-Perch-Bicycle-Wall-Mount-2.jpg (189 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Tern-Perch-Bicycle-Wall-Mount-2.jpg
189 KB, 630x420
How would you install a bike hanger in an apartment? I'd rather not have a massive hole I have to patch or get interrogated if the landlord decides to pop in.

Thoughts? Seems like I'd dress up the room a bit.
>>
>>1011843
Build a stand to hold it. The lower part of the stand doubles as a cabinet for bike paraphernalia or whatever.
>>
>>1011844

This man fucks

Not a bad idea, some galvanized pipe should do the trick, easy to get too.
>>
>>1011845
Personally I don't like the look of galvanized metal. I also don't like building things out of pipe.

I'd use some good old fashioned wood for the cabinets and some posts with grooves at the top to hold the handlebars. Then 2 more shorter, thicker posts to hold the pedals.
>>
why are you being a try hard fag, get 2 coat racks and put your bike on them? bolt 2 dowels between them and call it a day
>>
Google ikea bike rack
>>
File: Everbilt 3-in-1- bike hanger.jpg (8 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Everbilt 3-in-1- bike hanger.jpg
8 KB, 400x400
i got one of these at Home Depot for $5. works fine. i used a bit of 1x3 wood to screw into two adjacent studs, then screwed this into the 1x3. when i take it down, i'll just have to patch 2 smallish holes. (pro-tip: do not to screw too tightly so as to not leave an impression on the wall, and so the paint on the wall will not stick to the wood; the wood should move a tiny bit)
>>
File: 2.jpg (107 KB, 700x757) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
107 KB, 700x757
>>1011843
>>
I got a bike rack free, basically square tube bent at a 45 on the bottom, an arm to hold a bike, it leans against the wall
>>
File: 20160605_175045.jpg (998 KB, 3264x1840) Image search: [Google]
20160605_175045.jpg
998 KB, 3264x1840
Could probably use guitar hangers screwed into studs.
If you've got an older place with picture rails you can build something to hang from them. They were designed to hang heavy parlor mirrors and shit.
>>
Is it that hard for you to fix two holes in drywall?
$2 answer
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.