[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can i transform a Logitech webcam into wireless?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Can i transform a Logitech webcam into wireless?
>>
I open a Logitech device, and i have here this old camera, i want to build a lot of cool stuff with her, can i transform in wireless and change the cable opening? to add more? because is just usb.
>>
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=wireless+usb+extender
>>
>>1011117
no no no no, i dont want to buy a extender, i want to make.if was that the issue i buy a wireless camera.
>>
Either buy 2 radio modules with enough bandwidth and 2 mcus with USB (one host, one device) and build an extender yourself, or buy a single board computer (like BPi-M1+) and do it over wifi. What else could you do?
>>
>>1011120
can i make the wire webcam into battery?
>>
>>1011121
Hey, tell me how old are you?
Did you do any research before asking here?

> battery-powered USB device
Yes, USB needs 5VDC, if you can supply up to 0.5A, you're fine to go. Webcams need even less current.
>>
>>1011123
I have 18 years old and i am just playing, trying to make stuff.
>>
>>1011110
>Can i transform a Logitech webcam into wireless?
No, you don't have to skills or knowledge to do it cheaper than buying a wifi camera.
>>
>>1011120
not really doable.
USB 2 has a bandwidth of 48Mhz, and the signal has to go both ways.

nedless to say it would be way easier and cheaper to buy a wifi webcam.

OP could try to use a Raspberry as a bridge between USB and WIFI
>>
>>1011123
That's not the issue

>>1011110
What's up brazil?!
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.