[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pebble tile floor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: PT-S-EA.jpg (876 KB, 1064x1060) Image search: [Google]
PT-S-EA.jpg
876 KB, 1064x1060
Hey folks, I'm restoring my bathroom at the moment including a brand new walk in shower.

I was in the store today and saw pebble tiles - never heard about them before - and I wanted to ask you, if anyone knows:

- How do they "feel" at your feet? Are they uncomfortable when you stand on them barefeet for like ten minutes?

- are the grouts (is that the word?) harder to clean than with regular tiles?

- Being natural pebbles, do I have to seal them with anything?

Thanks in advance guys
>>
>>1010535
>How do they "feel" at your feet?
I like em. The girlfriend does not.

>are the grouts (is that the word?) harder to clean than with regular tiles?
Grout. No S. I just use some spray on cleaner after every shower.

>Being natural pebbles, do I have to seal them with anything?
The brand I used didn't use real natural pebbles. They were standard ceramic tile materials made to look like pebbles. So, YMMV.
>>
>>1010536
>I just use some spray on cleaner after every shower.

so basically the same as with regular tiles?! Sounds easy

Well, I guess they are natural pebbles since they all have different colors and look and feel like real pebbles. Guess I'll have to ask the store clerk about that.

In personally think that they look just tits - much better than any tile I saw
>>
>>1010535
Why not just buy some loose pebbles and make fill your shower bottom with them about 4 inches deep?
>>
>>1010556
To clean that he'd need to empty and clean the rocks pretty often.
The rocks would cover the drain restricting drainage. The water flowing through the rocks would do this too.

The ideal shower floor keeps water on the visible surface to ease cleaning and drainage and provides enough traction to prevent slipping.
>>
>>1010556
>>1010565

Pretty much this.

Also my bathroom is 2nd floor. And I stated that I wanted a walk-in-shower. I had to dig through the ceiling of the 1st floor to get your 4 inches of pebble plus watertight layer, plus screed, plus concrete.

At all: I went back to the shop and bought one 30x30cm Tile as a test object. Stood on it bare feet for 15 minutes straight with no problems. Then I forced my wife to do the same. She didnt have any problems either.
>>
>>1010565
>need to empty

Why? They are already in the shower. Just clean them right there.

>>1010577
> I had to dig through the ceiling of the 1st floor to get your 4 inches of pebble plus watertight layer, plus screed, plus concrete.

You sound like you have no clue what you are doing.
>>
>>1010665
You sound like someone who's never had to clean a bathroom.

The rocks will have pits, cracks and other crevices ripe for mold to grow in. Cleaners only get the surfaces they touch so the only way of ensuring a truly clean surface is to remove the rocks and was or soak them in very strong cleaner. And then op would need to scrub the rock Basin because the mold will grow on it and in the scratches the rocks will make as they're shifted around from him standing on them.

Or, he could buy solid ceramic tiles, shaped and colored like pebbles, and not need to do anything out of the normal, besides have a grout cleaning headache in a few years.

Op, if you go this route consider a Grey grout instead of white. It may look better considering the tile color.
>>
>>1010535
super comfy
grout isn't hard to clean and rarely gets dirty if it's sealed properly.
Literally no one seems to know this for some reason.
>>
>>1010680
And you sound like someone who's never actually been in a loose pebble floor shower stall before.
>>
>>1010665
>>1010716
Fuck off, your comments are tangentially related at best and you seem to be trolling. >>>/b/ is thataway.
>>
>>1010577
>Then I forced my wife to do the same.
brutal
>>
>>1010535
Good luck cleaning out your pubes and hair all the time, dirty cunt
>>
>>1010535

>- How do they "feel" at your feet? Are they uncomfortable when you stand on them barefeet for like ten minutes?

>- are the grouts (is that the word?) harder to clean than with regular tiles?

>- Being natural pebbles, do I have to seal them with anything?

Pretty comfy actually.

No.

No.
>>
>>1010535
I do not advise this type of flooring, this is coming from someone who owns a small tiling business. They are a bitch to install, a bitch to grout, and you have to stay on top of cleaning much more with these. If you absolutely must get this, go for the type that has a flat grind on them, it will make grouting much easier.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.