[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Logitech G500
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: Panel Connector.jpg (282 KB, 1090x817) Image search: [Google]
Panel Connector.jpg
282 KB, 1090x817
Hi Diy

2 year ago was try to clean up this mouse and made a really big mistake in left panel cable connector, and cant fix it.
1 because the connector non-separable
And 2 the cable damaged, because i forcedly try to put it back.

I feel i can fix it, but i think i need tip or better a tutorial video for how to fix.

Help me.
>>
File: Damaged Cable.jpg (164 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
Damaged Cable.jpg
164 KB, 1080x810
>>1010051
Damaged Cable.
>>
>>1010052
I Forgot to say, i have 30 watt NI Soldering Iron
>>
>>1010052
That's fucked. Best you could do is trim it and expose the copper carefully, then glue the blue plastic tab into place.Then insert into connector and pray.
>>
File: 3 thousand hours in mspaint.jpg (78 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
3 thousand hours in mspaint.jpg
78 KB, 1080x810
>>1010052
how about gently pulling one of the layers on that cable back a bit more so new straight copper is revealed?, then cut a bit on the top, making sure no contact between pins, and add a small piece of tap on the top so that the new copper pins wont shift/peal while inserting (rolled over to the underside too, so the tip is covered)

>pic trying to be related

gl
>>
>>1010056
>how about gently pulling one of the layers on that cable back a bit more so new straight copper is revealed?, then cut a bit on the top, making sure no contact between pins, and add a small piece of tap on the top so that the new copper pins wont shift/peal while inserting (rolled over to the underside too, so the tip is covered)
i was think that to, but don't know how to peeled it.
Razor blade?
>>
>>1010061
>razor blade
yes, pulling in from the front of the cable inwards. try to stay as close to the copper pins as possible to avoid ripping the layer 8so it comes off in one piece), once you get a bit of it peeled you can grab a set of small pliers and pull on it at an 180ยบ angle (towards the unpeeled layer itself)
heating the cable tip in warm water might help to soften the glue between layers, but it might also make the layers more soft too, so go with ease and if you see that you are ripping it stop and try again using a slightly different method
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqus5FzJSwk
gl
>>
>>1010062
>the cable inwards.
no. gradually shave away the plastic covering with the blade outwards.
>>
>>1010074
>recipe for disaster: the post
>>
>>1010062
i get it, how about i hit up my Soldering Iron just the tip of pin, and try to peeled it
>>
Go to ebay and buy a used one.
It will be worth money to grab a good board and cable from another mouse.
>>
>>1010160
there is a very good change that you will melt the other layer too
but if you have enough cable/ribbon to test it out cut if it fails and still make the connection, go for it
>>
File: IMAG0992[1].jpg (942 KB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0992[1].jpg
942 KB, 3264x1836
>>1010123
>around a minute.
>none of the heating bullshit, just a flat surface and and a blade.
>>
>>1010062
Here you go, you spoonfed twat.
>>>/wsg/1137660
>>
File: slow_clap_vanderbeek-gap.jpg (11 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
slow_clap_vanderbeek-gap.jpg
11 KB, 450x253
>>1010201
>>1010205
>bragging about scrapping and most likely slicing those thin copper lines
lol, here is you (you)s and a slowclap.jpg
>>
Ok guys, i try and no luck, cable not stuck in that connector.
Next tip plz.

What i need for soldering cable to panel?
Give me tip for soldering.
>>
I'd forget about fixing the cable or connector and just directly solder a ribbon cable from the one board to the other.
>>
>>1010539
>cable not stuck in that connector.
that cable is supposed to have a hard padding on the back, both for ease of insertion/removal and to pressure fit it in
insert a piece of plastic (cut a plastic bottle or something) on the back side of it after its inserted

as for soldering, if you really want to, its gonna be very tricky. you need flux, enameled wire and a very steady hand (if you have a magnifying glass or a microscope use it)
you can hold the cable steady on a non melting surface (stone/metal) with some tape
gl
>>
>>1010539
You damaged the connector pretty good it looks like. Are you sure you don't have any bits of the old cable stuck in there still?

I'd shove it in there and wedge it down (like it's supposed to be)

If your wedge-bodge is adequate, great. I'd check it before reassembly to see if the display works. If you can't get an adequate wedge bodge, or it's intermittant you could try glue+bodge too.

For your bodge if a basic wedge isn't working, you could cut fingers for each pin to increase the force when you wedge it in.
>>
I damaged the ribbon cable in my mouse via stupidity. Easiest to just find out what type of cable it is and spend 5 bucks getting a 5-pack replacement.

Sure you can expose the copper inside but if you can't do that you're not screwed so no worries
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.