[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When I scroll down it goes up. Any suggestions? Pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160616_072333.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160616_072333.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
When I scroll down it goes up. Any suggestions? Pic related
>>
>>1009428
Just have the computer reverse the direction of scrolling. This is pretty easy to do on most computers.
>>
File: IMG_20160616_073456.jpg (1 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160616_073456.jpg
1 MB, 2448x3264
>>1009435
I didn't make myself clear. When I scroll down it goes up but and when I scroll up it still goes up. Here's a better look to where the wheel is attached to
>>
>>1009437
Seams like one of your rotary encoder channels has died. You could test with a multimeter to be sure. When this happens the mouse's firmware can tell you're scrolling but not the direction and for whatever reason your mouse defaults to up. It's probably a worn contact or some other mechanical problem in the encoder; mechanical stuff can only be used so much before it breaks. Replace the encoder or open it up and try to fix it.
>>
Look up quadrature encoders
>>
>>1009428
dip the encoder wheel in isopropyl alcohol while moving it up and down for a finite number of times
if that doesn't work, buy a new encoder wheel and solder it in
>>
>>1009617
This should do it. Between the contact surfaces of copper, OP's mouse has most likely accumulated a black oily smudge that blocks the contact here and there.

When I had a similar issue, I took the rotating thingy out and cleaned the surfaces with alcohol. I was a bit too rough though, and broke a copper brush off a contact surface, ruining scrolling completely. After that, I tried changing the whole component like suggested by >>1009442. Even with a de-soldering pump and a helping hand, I couldn't get all of the three sturdy studs and three pins out.

If the first suggestiong doesn't work and you don't want to straight away change the component, you can open it by bending the four clamps shown on your pic >>1009437 and then bending the thingy by its three golden pins.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.