[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does this make you feel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Feminist cunt with PTSD.png (228 KB, 600x524) Image search: [Google]
Feminist cunt with PTSD.png
228 KB, 600x524
This triggered me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1l7kv1YISX8
>>
the fuck, why'd he spend 10000 hours sawing out and chiseling the seats when he had a chainsaw?
>>
>>1009123
And every tool he had was fucking rusty as fuck too, also hitting a plastic handled chisel with a metal hammer!
>>
>>1009125
But still he made a ugly bench, with bad and ugly tools and in an ugly way. But at least he did it while you're still sitting here whining at someone who actually does something.
>>
>>1009123
Because he's a blatant edge knob.

No one has fun using hand tools. They're hard work, that's why they're a favourite amongst purist cork sniffers.

I'd maybe understand if it were a piece of fine furniture they were making, but they're not so I don't.
>>
Lol, that's a puny hammer
>>
File: Bait.png (29 KB, 500x275) Image search: [Google]
Bait.png
29 KB, 500x275
>>1009575
>>
>>1009583
My opinion on hand tools is simple:
1) If you can't get something better, use hand tools (think Dick Proenneke and his cabin in Alaska, which was completely built with hand tools)
2) If you're working on a small job and setting up power tools would be a waste of time
3) If you're doing fine finish work.

Outside of that, crank up the power tools. Even this guy, who makes all sorts of hand-finished joinery, still uses powered tools to get his stock close to what he wants, first.

http://thecarpentryway.blogspot.com/
>>
>>1009116

He made a hipster chair for him and his hipster friends.

Made use of a fallen log.

Im still with this guy though
>>1009123

For fucks sake he could have done like 5 benches if he got the chainsaw out from the start.

But then he couldent show off his rusty hand tools and say "these are all you really need to do this!.... dont mind the chainsaw later on."
>>
>>1009116

>cutting with a chain saw is a lot more ruougher
>and you cant get as much detail

Nigga what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyDaxzeFaRk
>>
he only made it a bench by having 2 people sit down on it

as soon as they get up, its back to being a fallen tree
>>
>>1009811
kek
>>
>>1009116
10 hours for that, Fucking hipsters.He'll probably go sell it at some bullshit artisan shop for £2000.
>>
fucking idiot, shitty unsharpened chisels, shitty unsharpened plane, so he had to use a shitty saw to make chiseling easier

fucking woodworking pleb, meme tier hipster garbage, like buying a near mint vintage steel frame 10 speed bike in perfect working order and grinding off the studs for gear shifting mechanism, and bending the chainstays, just to make it a fixie, all while living in a massively hilly area
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.