[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey DIY, My first thread/post ever so I hope I didn't fuck
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: graphic1.jpg (40 KB, 535x364) Image search: [Google]
graphic1.jpg
40 KB, 535x364
Hey DIY,
My first thread/post ever so I hope I didn't fuck anything up. So I'm trying to create a synthetic ruby using the flame fusion (Verneuill process) method. I was thinking of useing a Oxy-hydrogen torch for melting as well as using the purest materials I could find. I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with flame fusion. I'm also looking for a way to make a hopper for the alumina but I have no idea how to tackle this. So I'd like to hear what you guys think (and if its even doable)
>>
>>1006191
Do we really have to post this in every fucking thread?
>>
>>1006191
Hi! I see you've posted your forced meme in a valid thread again! As a proud member of the /diy/ community, I appreciate your concern and efforts to self moderate, and on appropriate threads I applaud it. However you seem to have misread the OP in this case and gone ahead and posted it in response to a perfectly acceptable thread. Whoopsie! Remember that as long as the thread isn't breaking any rules and isn't obviously bait, you should rather just ignore/hide it if you don't like it. Thanks for making /diy/ a better place!
>>
>>1006164
Look at grain and flour silos and how they feed into trucks should be good enough.

As for the flame wouldnt that blow a bunch of the powder away? Ive no real knowledge about what your doing but im sure going with a element in a circle and dropping the powder in the middle might be a better idea

Is this legitimately a way to make rubys? And whats plans do you have for them afterwards?
>>
https://books.google.com/books?id=qo00AQAAMAAJ&dq&pg=PA63#v=onepage&q&f=false
Hopefully this link works.
This book has some wonderful outlines of industrial processes.
>>
File: S60610-010004.jpg (183 KB, 800x1280) Image search: [Google]
S60610-010004.jpg
183 KB, 800x1280
I was under the impression that this process needed some amount of pressure/ contianment. Pic related though i imagine this is upside down from when it was made
>>
>>1006416
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verneuil_process
>>
>>1006384
Op here
It is a legitimate way to make rubys however people often say its not really doable. As for the flame i saw it recomended somewhere so i think it should work. I can ask an experienced welder in a couple days so ill double check it!
>>
>>1006406
Thanks man! Ill look into these!
>>
>>1006209
>>1006211
what did he post?
>>
>>1006493
The bingo chart.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.