[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holes in Lawn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 20160603_191611-1.jpg (3 MB, 2063x2424) Image search: [Google]
20160603_191611-1.jpg
3 MB, 2063x2424
So I just cut my grass and I want to make it look nice. I'm going to go to Lowe's and buy some fertilizer/grass feed to clear up some dead spots, but I have an issue.
There are holes like pic related scattered in my backyard, but I'm not sure what they are from. I poured some water out of the hose into one of them to see how far it went down and I didn't manage to overflow it.
I googled a little and I think they might be voles or something. I had a problem with burrowing wasps last year but I don't think this is them. I was wondering if somebody could confirm what it was. I want to start taking pride in my lawn but this is a pretty big problem.

Thanks for any and all help, guys.
>>
Hmmmmmmmmmm strange, dank, deep, and dark holes you say?

Stick your dick in it.
>>
File: 20160603_191634-1.jpg (4 MB, 2236x2236) Image search: [Google]
20160603_191634-1.jpg
4 MB, 2236x2236
another pic

>>1003331
maybe another time
>>
Would help if you mentioned which country.
>>
>>1003334
Sorry, east coast US. New Jersey, to be specific.
>>
>>1003340
Got a burrowing mammal for sure.

It could also be a skunk digging for grubs.
>>
>>1003346
What about a groundhog? I know there is one that lives in the woods in the backyard, my dogs are always trying to get at it.
>>
>>1003330
>this is a pretty big problem
I'd worry about that grass first...or rather what looks like a lot of weeds
>>
>>1003365
Need to get gas for the weedwacker, going to grab that tomorrow, in addition to some weed killer.
>>
>>1003340
At the beach? I recognize that sandy soil.
>>
Put a gun inside and pull the trigget
>>
>>1003661
Within a few miles of the beach. Where I live specifically has got some pretty sandy soil.
>>
>>1003330

skunks/ grub eaters. Get grub killer and they'll have nothing to eat except bulbs from plants
>>
CT here, we have those in our yard too. Pretty sure it's chipmunks.
>>
>>1003360
I would imagine larger holes. I was thinking get smaller rodents of the mole variety or similar shrew like rodents.
>>
>>1003340
NJanon here. You've got a burrowing mammal. Something small like a vole, probably not a groundhog.
What shore town are you in? Bradley Beach, myself
>>
>>1003330
I have similar holes, but they're from chipmunks. I pour hot pepper flakes in them whenever I see them. I don't know if it stops them, though. They just sort of sit there in the flakes making squinty eyes.
>>
>>1003330
Mix bleach and ammonia 50/50 and pour it down there while holding your breath. It creates a lethal gas that kills anything under the ground. + the rodents are already buried.
>>
>>1004962
This but instead of the chloramine (?) gas I would suggest a few hundred litres of piranha solution
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.