[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was wondering how do this Chinese people make this toys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: images (71).jpg (34 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
images (71).jpg
34 KB, 512x288
I was wondering how do this Chinese people make this toys?

I mean, how do they put this "fire fire! Gdtyjfd! Fire fire! " sounds in this crap?

This literally cost $1

Is there any specific "magic" components inside this garbage?

I'm a mechatronics engineering students trying to make some cool projects and stuff

I've already done some projects with micro/SD cards and audio file readers, they are not difficult, but they are not easier as I imagine this toy components are (maybe I'm wrong)

Anyone knows how this magic works and how I can use it or make my own?

Thanks anons

Sorry for bad English
>>
>>1002807
>Gdtyjfd
what?
>>
>>1002807
The 'magic component' is what we refer to as the 'black dot'. It's basically a micro circuit with a tiny, special purpose chip that can be loaded with very short, low quality audio recordings. The whole circuit costs pennies to buy, program, and mount, then the whole circuit is covered with a single drop of black epoxy.

You can recreate the circuit if you design it yourself, but you will never be able to produce it as cheaply as they can because they are buying bottom of the line components, using the absolute minimum amount of components needed, then using Chinese labor to assemble it. Seriously, these guys can afford a 30% failure rate or more and still make a profit on it.

If you're interested in designing a 1 chip solution like this yourself, start with something like digikey part number ISD1610BSY-ND, which goes for less than $4/chip.
>>
Thanks anons
>>
> I've already done some projects with micro/SD cards and audio file readers, they are not difficult, but they are not easier as I imagine this toy components are (maybe I'm wrong)

Most microcontrollers have enough ROM to fit a couple seconds of badly compressed WAV in addition to a simple program. You can put it right in C code like "rom char bloop {15,29,33...." The numbers are the voltage level sequence that make up the waveform. Build a DAC with a capacitor and resistor on a PWM pin or resistor ladder on a few regular IO pins.
>>
>>1002807

?

rip and open and see for yourself

I imagine it's just a cheep embedded computer, probably a chip on board
>>
>>1002818
That's how you romanize chinese.
>>
>>1002807
Slave labor and lax enviromental laws.

Semiconductors cost fucking nothing. Transistors currently cost less than grains of rice. The only thing that does cost something is putting shit together. Like more than 50% of a cost of a product is just putting shit together. The chinese solve that problem with slave labor.

Oh and you see that shiny shit? Probably not made in a very ecofriendly manner.
>>
>>1002826
Is that you, AvE?
>>
>>1003089
I recently bought some cheap chink electronics components off eBay and the address where one package came from was Fuming Industrial Park. Made me kek.
>>
>>1002826
>The 'magic component' is what we refer to as the 'black dot'.
Further explanation:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_packaging#Glop-top

I've also seen it described as "COB" (Chip-on-Board, Board meaning "printed circuit board), or just "die mounting".

Glop-top assembly is when the bare microchip die is left bare (not packaged at all), is wired down to the PCB it is used on, and then some epoxy is placed over it to protect it.
This makes it effectively irreparable, but it also makes it very inexpensive. Particularly when most-all the passive components can be made right on the chip itself.

The chips are often custom-engineered for the purpose (such as playing a permanently-programmed sound file). The chip contains the decoder and an amplifier circuit.

Another example is cheap LCD solar calculators. The chips used in them have a power regulator (for the solar cell), the math processor and an LCD driver all built-in to the chip die. So if you open up one of these calculators and look inside, pretty much all the electronic parts you see inside is the battery, the LCD, the buttons and the black dot where the chip is.

Remote-control units (even the fancy "learning" ones) are often made like this too now. If you open one hoping to raid it for electronic parts, you're probably not going to find much in there.

~~~~~~

>Anyone knows how this magic works and how I can use it or make my own?
I dunno if you could do glop-top at home or not. I hate to say you couldn't--but I would expect that if you could, you would not save any money doing it.
Even assuming you had somewhere to get bare ICs you needed, much of the required equipment is rather expensive.
>>
>>1002999
Thanks already tried that too but the sound it's horrible I even build a plasma speaker with an old PC monitor but it's not practical.

I just wonder if was an easier way to do it
But as all of you said, I'll need the equipment, some slaves and bought a ton of components to produce this circuits as cheap as possible.
>>
>>1002818
https://youtu.be/t58ULMMgR1k
>>
>>1003095
well we know its not eev because he went 5 minutes without going "absoluuutley gaabage"
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.