[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, so I salvaged an Apple Time Capsule yesterday and I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /diy/ - Do It yourself

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
File: tc2-b.jpg (171 KB, 1200x720) Image search: [Google]
tc2-b.jpg
171 KB, 1200x720
Alright, so I salvaged an Apple Time Capsule yesterday and I want to get it working, but I cannot find any information relating to my specific issue.

When I plug it up, the front LED does not light up at all but the ethernet port lights do (solid green). I'm thinking this is just a power supply problem, but all my searches are either talking about the front LED only or are from the Apple forums where the most common replies are just "don't work on it, just buy a new one".

Any Apple guys know exactly what's going on, whether it's just the PSU or if it's a deeper issue?
>>
>>1002400
The newer generations (the tall tower) only has a front light.

So check what generation that is, and then make sure you are reading forums from the correct year.

They are not that expensive (I know that is not DIY).

Things that grind my gears
>3 ethernet ports
>>
>>1002400
Open it up and take some pictures. There might be a fuse that has blown or a diode that went causing only some of the circuit to power up. Do you own a multimeter?
>>
File: 20160601_141629.jpg (4 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160601_141629.jpg
4 MB, 5312x2988
>>1002406
I should mention that I don't know the actual model number, as the rubber base was removed way before I got it and the hard drive was missing. I planned on slapping an old one in anyway. It IS one of the flat models though, and not the taller one.

>>1002408
Two pics incoming. I own a multimeter, but not really sure where i'd be testing. I'm somewhat a beginner at a lot of this kinda stuff.
>>
File: 20160601_142221.jpg (3 MB, 3984x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160601_142221.jpg
3 MB, 3984x2988
>>
All those caps look ok from what I can see. Do any look like they are bulging or leaking fluid?
>>
>>1002419
None that I can see, everything looks average as far as I can tell
>>
>>1002421
The smaller blue board looks like it might have components on either side. Can you take some close up pictures?
>>
>>1002426
Working on that; it's a bit weird to take apart
>>
>>1002426
So I can't get the other board out; it acts like it's got molded plugs holding it onto the top to the case. There were screws, but i got them all and can't find a disassembly video that goes beyond replacing a hard drive or PSU.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.