[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/dgg/ - /d/ Games General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /d/ - Hentai/Alternative

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78
File: 1411212926946-0.jpg (1023 KB, 1300x813) Image search: [Google]
1411212926946-0.jpg
1023 KB, 1300x813
old thread >>6735007

A magical edition

Discuss lewd games, share your projects and have others critique them.
Post pictures (/d/ related preferably) to keep the thread alive.

Lose hope of making games here, and collaborate with others to not make games:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?pli=1#!forum/hentai-game-dev-group

>/d/ Catalog:
http://pastebin.com/Su7gb2iq

>IRC:
irc.rizon.net
#/d/evs
>>
>Also, Twine is a favorite platform among some tribe of moralizing scolds, apparently?

Seriously. What is FCDev talking about?
>>
>>6738820
Finally, editions are back edition.
>>
>>6738822

It's a GG thing I think. Zoe Quinn did her game in twine I know that.

Ergo avoid the whole fucking mess it's better that way. With fire if at all possible.
>>
>>6738824
Oh right. I will. Those people are insufferable.
>>
So /d/, I have to ask, what's your dream game?
>>
I just posted a request under FCDev's blog, and I would like to mention it here aswell, to see what you guys think of my idea.
I came up with this because it bothered me that your slaves will always perform the same way in their assigments over and over again.
A devoted slave will always be a good whore and there's nothing that could go wrong.
No Haven's "Success"-System sort of inspired me. NOW, don't worry. I really don't want FC to include an option that my whore may fail terribly and burn down my arcology by mistake, and I don't even necessarily mean a new gameplay-elemt by this.
What I thought of, was flavourful messages that may appear in a slave's End Of Week-summary, informing you about minor things like "XYZ failed to please a prominent customer appropriately while whoring herself out", aimed to entice you to punish her for that result or advanced things that take Future Society's, a slave's stats or her quirks into account like "Despite her fear of someone seeing her naked, XYZ swallowed down her anxiety while serving the public to do a good job."
The player could then reward or punish XYZ with nicer/harsher rules or assignments however he sees fit or could just leave it at that and ignore what happened without awkwardly clicking away an event. I hope I could explain my idea well enough.
>>
>>6738824
You know, Those People use all kinds of programming languages! Best avoid C and Python and assembler, to be on the safe side!

Children.
>>
>>6738852
>No Haven's "Success"-System sort of inspired me.
While we are at it, I must mention I detest RNG based gameplay where you must always roll average at least and if you roll like 1 of 6 on dice your balls explode. Only thing this promotes is a savescumming and that should stay in past.
>>
>>6738868
That is exactly why I personally don't intend this to affect gameplay. It should just be a little sentence or two for you to read and it's entirely up to you to decide what to do with it. It would probably make more sense if my first example would maybe lower your reputation by a really small amount, but my idea was to give the player more reason to punish or reward a slave, without making you feel like an irrational idiot or forcing it to be an event.
>>
>>6738862
I am personally all for developing a new programming language that's inherently racist, sexist, and generally as discriminatory as possible.
Then we'd be safe from them when using that.
Base it on C and name it Cis.
>>
>>6738871
Well you can think up tons custom events but writing and integrating those takes plenty of time and generally pure flavor.
>>
>>6738862
>Those People use all kinds of programming languages
Somehow I highly doubt that.
>>
>>6738876
>>6738862
>>6738827
I think it's very characteristic of this entire debacle that I can't tell which side you're talking about.
>>
>>6738880
I don't get what there is to be confused about.
Everything seems pretty clear to me.
>>
>>6738876
Why not C Doubleplus?
>>
>>6738877
The problem I have with the event-system, is that it semi forces itself onto you.
All of a sudden there's an entire screen, telling you what has happened and presenting you straight forward what options you could take.
Skipping events always feels kind of awkward. At least for me. And you'll always have these ~4 options with such events, which takes away from the sandbox-y style the game has.
I should be the one to declare which steps to take, and it should not be my PA presenting me options. Either way this is just my idea, and my opinion. And if there's no interest, FCDev can still do whatever he wants and just not do it. Which is also fine.
>>
>>6738882
Like, who are "those people"? Quin and her supporters or the GGs? They are both unpleasant (insufferable, really) in different ways. They are also both moralizing scolds.

It's a tornado by shit, for shit, of shit.
>>
>>6738886
Well put.
>>
>>6738886
>>6738887
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>6738884
C++ also exists and that name is hardly discriminatory.
You could also name it Cxy or so though.

>>6738886
I'd rather assign the "moralizing scolds" label to Quinn and her people.
I haven't seen a lot of moralising coming from GG, but then again I tend to stay away from all of that, since I am more of a "live and let live" kind of guy.
If you follow the whole conversation it is all very clear though, so I still don't see how you can be confused in the first place.
>>
>>6738876
I'd learn it. Just so I could sneer down on the little people.

>>6738885
>I should be the one to declare which steps to take, and it should not be my PA presenting me options.
That's the entire game outside events. The architecture can't deal with events interacting with your reactions to said events &c in a sandbox way. There'd be literally no gameplay impact of having that type of event.
>>
>>6738891
I think their difference is only concerning their degree of self-awareneess (of being moralizing scolds). But either way, we shouldn't discuss this, because it might attract autists and end up shitting our thread.
>>
>>6738891
>I still don't see how you can be confused in the first place.
By wanting to be, so you can badmouth someone you don't like. It's really quite easily done.
>>
>>6738891
It was a 1984 joke. In reference to stupid shit like atheism+

Though if you want a properly triggering C-derived programming language there's always Casanova...
>>
>>6738897
>The architecture can't deal with events interacting with your reactions to said events &c in a sandbox way. There'd be literally no gameplay impact of having that type of event.
And that is exactly why this wouldn't be an event, but a short note on your weekly summary.
By itself, it's just flavour like the news feed under your arcology's description in the main menu, and the player'd decide for themselves if they react to it, or just ignore it if they can't be bothered.
>>
Anyone got the freshest TitS?
>>
>>6738852
>without awkwardly clicking away an event.
You could have convenient "Do X/Do Y" options appear on the summary page, sort of like the subsidize reputation option.
>>
>>6738886
GG's cool, bro.
>>
>>6738934
That would be a way to do it, but it would have the same problem the events have. It's no longer about your own fantasy, but making you choose one of several options.
And I personally can't imagine it to look nice.
>>
>>6738953
Guess not, but I think most people (myself included) are far too spoiled to leave punishment entirely up to their own imagination with no feedback from the game.
>>
>>6738953
>but making you choose one of several options.
But your system doesn't make you choose one of several options?

Current system:
Grill does bad thing.
Punish her in one of the ways provided by the game, ignore, or possibly reward her.

Your system:
Grill does bad thing.
Punish her in one of the ways provided by the game, ignore, or possibly reward her.

It's an interface change.
>>
>>6739005
Events usually only give you about 3 different responses + skip. I'm guessing he wants his suggestion to be completely sandbox, with the message giving you a fluff excuse to do stuff.
>>
>>6739034
That's exactly what I ment. I am sorry for phrasing it badly. You know, I no engrish.
But an 'excuse' is probably the perfect way to put it.
>>
Bedlam is doing stuff on no haven if any of you are interested
https://picarto.tv/bedlamgames
>>
>>6739107
>livestreaming coding
Can't tell if praiseworthy community engagement or massive narcissism...
>>
>>6738296
>how do i actually get this running
>ntleas gives me a bunch of moonrunes when i run the exe
>and i have no idea what to google since i cant find anything
Step 0 of the guide last thread regarding RPGMaker games and people still can't read it.

I honestly wonder if FC is so popular in this thread only because it runs on any browser instead of having to install anything the way windows PCs have worked since the 90s (and if the hate for RAGS isn't really that the program sucks outside of bedlam's bizarro vodoo magic as much as having to do any kind of installation steps whatsoever).
Get off my lawn, whippersnappers and learn basic Google and Windows 101 (+ reading actual threads)
>>
File: 47676767_p0.png (1 MB, 1304x768) Image search: [Google]
47676767_p0.png
1 MB, 1304x768
>>6739116
>Can't tell if praiseworthy community engagement or massive narcissism...
Por qué no los dos?
>>
>>6739116
I like it, I don't undertsand coding but the music is nice and the atmosphere is comfy enough
>>
File: 4651365492.jpg (415 KB, 1000x1536) Image search: [Google]
4651365492.jpg
415 KB, 1000x1536
Dear FC Dev, will there ever be the option for "custom" names (i.e. a text box option) for slaves, either all or the starting? Could also work where worshipful slaves can be renamed, or try to reject the names similar to nicknames.

Otherwise, fucking wonderful game.
>>
>>6739132
all slaves can be renamed man, look at the description settings for your slaves
>>
>>6739135
Holy fuck
>>
>>6739132
>>6739135
>>6739136
I still wish you could rename custom slaves at the beginning, without the "rename" flag/comparison being triggered.
>>
Cheat engine and RAGS/No Haven. Anyone had any luck?
>>
>>6739167
The address changes every time the value does, so it's effectively impossible.
>>
>>6739152
"has been renamed"*
>>
Well, I don't know what you guys are doing, but I already renamed Free Cities' positive bitchy trait into Tsundere.
>>
>>6739214
i-it's not like i want you to rape me, b-b-baka

i just have an itch down there, okay?
>>
File: 54658261_p0_master1200.jpg (411 KB, 848x1200) Image search: [Google]
54658261_p0_master1200.jpg
411 KB, 848x1200
>>6739214
>Tsundere.
>Positive
>There is a difference between a tsundere and a bitch
I am not saying I find it impossible to prove that there is a difference but honestly as far I have been able to tell it's a Po-tay-to/Po-tah-to situation.

They are still being the female equivalents of douchebags, but it's ok because they fell in love with the anime Gary Stu?
>>
>>6738891

I'm an anon who supports Quinn, hates GG and FC is my favorite Twine game ever. You can get off on torturing fake women without wanting to torture a real one.
>>
>>6739263
Let's not go there. This will only derail the thread into oblivion.
But you are fucking retarded anyway.
>>
>>6739263
Just go back to tumblr, faggot.
>>
>>6739231
refer to >>6739227
>>
>>6739263
>>>/lgbt/
>>
>>6739263
>You can get off on torturing fake women without wanting to torture a real one.
So why don't you support GG again given that would basically be their stance?
And support the opposing faction harrassing and doxxing those who dissent with them and who insist on making anything and everything about "feminism" and "social justice" (or rather extremely warped interpretations of it being used as a shield against criticism of shady journalism).

You are aware Gawker is one of the most arduent opposers to GG because it actually wants to raise "gaming" journalism to actual journalistic standards instead of it being marketing PR-fests disguised as "journalism".

How you'd warp this to be about "wanting to torture real women" is just beyond me.
>>
>>6739231
I actually like the ones who are just a bit rude, huffy and insecure. Unfortunately, "tsundere" in modern anime has come to mean "horrid violent ultrabitch, but it's okay because she sometimes smiles and blushes before she inevitably starts kicking you again".

Damn shame.
>>
File: 54658261_p3_master1200.jpg (271 KB, 848x1200) Image search: [Google]
54658261_p3_master1200.jpg
271 KB, 848x1200
>>6739269
"I was a bitch to you for several weeks but now that I have realised you are an actual human being, it's ok, it's not like that matters anyway aslong as I passive-agrressively ask for forgiveness"
Actually, no, I'll just grab the girl that wasn't being a bitch/"tsundere"

The tsundere can go into the arcade and see how far that attitude takes her.
>>
Copied from the bottom of the last thread:

>>6737843
> Beneficial quirks: confident, cutting, funny, fitness fanatic, high self esteem, sinful, advocate for slavery, gagfuck queen, painal queen, strugglefuck queen, adores men, adores women, tease, romantic, daring, and caring.

How does Nymphomania interact with these (if at all)?

My main 'problem' with Nympho to this point is that it's the mechanically best option but makes slaves very generic and boring.

If you could have, say, a Nymphomaniac who is also a Gagfuck Queen (meaning she is so well-trained she's the perfect sex slave, but she gets off above and beyond while sucking cock, I guess?) that might let you kind of have the best of both worlds?
>>
File: 54658261_p2_master1200.jpg (698 KB, 1200x896) Image search: [Google]
54658261_p2_master1200.jpg
698 KB, 1200x896
>>6739276
Even if that were the case that wouldn't mean that the "positive" equivalent to a bitch would be a tsundere by your definition (instead of the more commonly accepted one).
Either way it's a very silly idea.
>>
>>6739290
Meh, I can kind of see it. She goes from a bitch to "still abrasive, but nice deep down".

I don't know how whatever the quirk is actually called makes them behave in FC, however.
>>
>>6739275
The best thing is Kotaku being essentially blacklisted by some AAA companies because they can't keep up with basic journalistic standards.
>>
>>6739231
The modern connotation for tsundere has changed its meaning. Originally it was just a character that transitioned from tsun (rude, violent) to dere (happy, loving)
Modern tsundere really don't even fit the original definition.
>>
>>6739116
Can it be both :D

(More seriously holy hell does it work as an excellent get shit done self-motivator and fixing bugs when people call them out in the chat right there and then is pretty satisfying)
>>
>>6739270
>>6739265
>>6739267
>>6739275
>see the wild anons in their natural environment, helpless to resist the smell of fresh bait.

I'm just glad he didn't capitalize on it to shit up this thread as bad as the last one.
>>
>>6739323
He was probably serious.
There is people that retarded after all.
>>
>>6739231
>bad tsundere is all tsundere
I will admit that it's rarely any good but there are a few examples of it being done well
>>
File: 1453919844586.gif (92 KB, 655x415) Image search: [Google]
1453919844586.gif
92 KB, 655x415
>>6739323
>I was just pretending to be an idiot
The old adage holds true, "ironic" shitposting is still just shitposting
>>
>>6739325
So the anti rape game sjw just lurked in /dgg/ till the perfect time to say his piece.
>>
>>6739329
And the people responding to ironic shitposting are just as bad. [spoiler]and responding to the response of someone responding to ironic shitposting is even worse. Fug[/spoiler]
>>
File: 54658261_p6_master1200.jpg (470 KB, 1200x989) Image search: [Google]
54658261_p6_master1200.jpg
470 KB, 1200x989
>>6739327
>I will admit that it's rarely any good but there are a few examples of it being done well
Citation Needed

And besides what my point is.
My point that the girl having the hots for the main character (and hence realizing she needs to tone down her abrasiveness if she wants to date him) doesn't make her any less of a bitch.
>>
File: 1453919774776.gif (26 KB, 655x415) Image search: [Google]
1453919774776.gif
26 KB, 655x415
>>6739336
>And the people responding to ironic shitposting are just as bad. [spoiler]and responding to the response of someone responding to ironic shitposting is even worse. Fug[/spoiler]
>spoilering on a Yotsuba style board
Cute.

Also, I am contributing pics to the thread.

What's your excuse?
>>
>>6739332
>reading comprehension: 0
>>
>>6739338
>>6739329
>This game will never be translated
On that note
>X game will never be translated
>>
>>6739337
>citation needed
I thought kurisu from steins;gate was done well.
>>
>>6739343
Pretty sure it doesn't exist.
>>
In FC what flaw turns into what quirk?
>>
>>6739342
??? Also if we're getting gramatical up in here "there is" should be "there are"
>>
>>6739152
I personally want to name my brothel, but FCdev isn't humouring me.
>>
>>6739344
She was a tsundere? Her attitude was more or less fitting considering the guy was a delusional weirdo.
>>
>>6739349
Been meaning to request the ability to name your facilities.
>>
>>6739337
Holo was arguably a tsundere and was done well, disregarding the obnoxiously slow romance.
>>
>>6739349
I really liked what they did with Into the Badlands and calling brothels dollhouses.

My arcology's brothel would totally be the Dollhouse.
>>
>>6739348
Doesn't really change the fact that your reading comprehension is lacking.
Since I was saying that people can be that retarded, it's not necessary for him to see a discrepancy in playing FC and thinking that Quinn cunt and her followers are right.

Also "there is people" is what you might consider a regiolect.
>>
File: 23439839_p0.jpg (748 KB, 1000x1402) Image search: [Google]
23439839_p0.jpg
748 KB, 1000x1402
>>6739344
>I thought kurisu from steins;gate was done well.
The real point however hinges on if you consider "tsundere" to just be a positive spin on "bitch".

My argument is that a bitch is a bitch is a bitch. If Kurisu is just not mincing her words but otherwise being on point (or it's part general banter amongst the group, which is just unusual for women in Japan), then she's not a bitch. If you believe she just likes to take a piss on people for fun/for the heck of it/"if I bully others into submission they won't hurt me" (e.g. Asuka from Evangelion, at least her original series incarnation) then I argue that the "dere" moments are pretty much besides the point.

People go to extreme lengths to justify tsundere archetypes in anime fandom even in cases where it's pretty clear that "tsun" part is downright sadistic.
>>
>>6739347
I'm lazy.

arrogant>confident
bitchy>cutting
odd>funny
gluttonous>fitness
anorexic>high self esteem
devout>sinful
liberated>advocate
hates oral>gagfuck queen
hates anal>painal queen
hates penetration>strugglefuck queen
hates men>adores women
hates women>adores men
shamefast>tease
idealistic>romantic
repressed>daring
apathetic>caring

I wonder if it would've taken my less time by manually typing this then using find/replace to remove the code bits.
>>
>>6739343
>will never be translated
It needs to exist before it can be translated, anon.
>>
>>6739338
Whether there are spoilers is not causally related to the default board style. For example /r9k/ defaults to Yotsuba A but nevertheless has spoilers.
>>
>>6739369
It's definitely an argument over semantics. Your definition of tsundere is pretty much what I consider to be bad tsundere so obviously by your definition tsundere couldn't possibly be done well.
>>
File: 54658261_p5_master1200.jpg (625 KB, 1117x1200) Image search: [Google]
54658261_p5_master1200.jpg
625 KB, 1117x1200
>>6739354
>Holo was arguably a tsundere and was done well,
Personally I find that a hard sell unless that you consider that any woman (and in this case a literal deity) acting coy is a "tsundere" which just doesn't really hold up to scrutiny given that isn't really the examples people quote when talking about tsundere characters.
>>
>>6739338
I just ain't used to posting on boards that don't have them
>>
File: 1439292004296.jpg (129 KB, 1050x768) Image search: [Google]
1439292004296.jpg
129 KB, 1050x768
>>6739382
>bad tsundere
Doesn't really exist. Either it's a tsundere or it isn't, anything else is cherrypicking.
It's like arguing about "good and bad yandere" and "good and bad kuudere".

Either she is a tsundere or she isn't.
Either she is abrasive/bitchy/sadistic/etc in "normal mode" (which people just rebrand as "tsun") meaning 90% of the time in public or she isn't.
If she ocassionally speaks her mind/doesn't take bullshit but otherwise doesn't act like she has a 9-inch dildo up her ass that doesn't make her a tsundere.

>by your definition tsundere couldn't possibly be done well.
Again, there is no "done well" or not. Tsundere doesn't have any inherent positive properties. I'd argue it's either neutral or if anything should be regarded negatively.
I'd argue the proper translation is "two-faced" the way people explaining the way tsundere is supposed to work but given who they use as example "bitchy" just ends up being the mildest way to define that character archetype (again, going by how they act in public 90% of the time)

You say that this perception is flawed but don't really explain why it is flawed instead just citing outliers maybe/possibly/if you look cross-eyed "could be argued to be tsundere"
>>
File: 1453941776911.gif (82 KB, 655x415) Image search: [Google]
1453941776911.gif
82 KB, 655x415
>>6739384
>I just ain't used to posting on boards that don't have them
You obviously haven't been on /d/ long enough then.

Also, as multiple people have mentioned these are just mock-ups made by pixiv artists of how they wish hentai RPGs would display stat changes/erotic equipment
>>
>>6739392
>which people just rebrand as "tsun"
Oh, I see what the problem is: You have no idea what you're talking about. Try learning a little bit about Japanese.
Also, your entire argument is literally
>There's no such thing as a "good" or "well-written" character. There's just characters.
>>
>>6739383
She pushed far past coy quite a few times, even admitting herself that she took it a bit far. Also, her repeated refusal to accept her own feelings points towards her being tsundere. She's probably not the best example of a tsundere, but I would say that she is an example that a tsundere could be done well.
>>
>>6739392
>there is no good or bad coffee just coffee
>starbucks is bad so coffee is bad
>my definition is law
>>
>>6739392
>Either she is a tsundere or she isn't.
>Either she is abrasive/bitchy/sadistic/etc in "normal mode" (which people just rebrand as "tsun") meaning 90% of the time in public or she isn't.
>If she ocassionally speaks her mind/doesn't take bullshit but otherwise doesn't act like she has a 9-inch dildo up her ass that doesn't make her a tsundere.
>There's literally nothing between 10% and 90%.
>>
>>6739383
That's literally what tsundere is supposed to mean. Someone whose too shy/childish to admit they have a crush and is playing hard to get.

The fact it gets used to talk about every slapstick series that has the protagonist get beaten up for perving on girls or every bitchy female character is the term getting appropriated for something else. Asuka from Eva isn't tsundere for example, she isn't dere. Mostly she's just unhinged.
>>
File: 1439717007785.jpg (230 KB, 853x700) Image search: [Google]
1439717007785.jpg
230 KB, 853x700
>>6739398
>Try learning a little bit about Japanese.
あんたアホか?

>愛想 が無く 、とりすまし ている様子 、 態度
>尖っているさま
>物をつつく 様子 を表す 言葉

>There's no such thing as a "good" or "well-written" character.
"Well-written" and "good" are not synonymous words.

Again, feel free to make a case about how "yandere" can be good characters or "kuudere" are somehow malevolent characters.

>>6739404
>comparing physical, tangible goods to literary archetypes
Again, あんたアホか?
>>
>>6739424
see >>6739423
>>
>>6739424
Sorry, I appear to have been mistaken. Your problem isn't with Japanese, it's with English. Good ≠ morally good.
Seriously, is this what the entire argument is stemming from? You being too stupid to understand colloquialisms?
When someone says a character is good, they are saying that the character is well-written. No one here was trying to place tsundere characters on a moral compass.
>>
File: 1439503298354.jpg (196 KB, 1200x933) Image search: [Google]
1439503298354.jpg
196 KB, 1200x933
>>6739423
>That's literally what tsundere is supposed to mean
My point is that this is not how the word is used though.

>The fact it gets used to talk about every slapstick series that has the protagonist get beaten up for perving on girls or every bitchy female character is the term getting appropriated for something else
Except (the English) language isn't prescriptivist but descriptivist (even more so on the internet).
If people use your latter defition to define what a tsundere is then I'm sorry, that's what the word means.

That's really all there is to it.

Either way this has derailed waaay beyond my point which was regarding to this post >>6739214 arguing that
>I already renamed Free Cities' positive bitchy trait into Tsundere.

Which I'd think most people here would agree with.

Regardless on your definition, the positive variant of "bitchy" is not "Tsundere" (either because you don't consider tsundere positive or because you don't consider it to be bitchy, in both cases that just ain't right)
>>
File: 1439503461208.jpg (46 KB, 570x487) Image search: [Google]
1439503461208.jpg
46 KB, 570x487
>>6739428
>Seriously, is this what the entire argument is stemming from?
No, my argument is summarized in >>6739431

If it quacks like a duck...

>"but you don't know what it means in Japanese"
Says the person illiterate in Japanese themselves (after claiming that "but that's the Japanese definition") and moves on to
>"You don't know English"
Somehow missing the point about just because you want to prescribe how the word is to be used (which is also not how it's even used in the original language and neither is in English) it somehow makes your definition more right because... why exactly?

>Good ≠ morally good.
Good and bad are not unabigious words in the English language. And most posts here seemed to imply "but she's a good tsundere"... so let me humor your logic then; there can be no well-written tsundere that aren't morally bankrupt sadists, then? And if so, what does the archetype of tsundere (the way people actually use it) apply to in most cases?

Loudmouth goody-two-shoes? Morally neutral passive-agressive girls? Or abrassive and sometimes borderline neurotic girls who just happen to still have enough common sense to know when to knock it off if they want to seduce a guy and keep them beyond the first date?
>>
>>6739431
People using a term wrong doesn't mean you should automatically accept that as what a term actually means.
Do you have any idea what the consequences of that would be? There is a reason we distinguish between how a term is used and what it actually means, aka colloquial and formal use.
If you wouldn't make that distinction, a lot of terms would become so vague you couldn't possibly use them in a scientific/scholarly environment anymore.
And there is no good reason for why you should just accept people using a term the wrong way instead of telling them it's not what it means. If you just accept it, the result would be arbitrariness.
>>
>>6739329
Is that pic a thing?
>>
>>6739448
Nah.
>>
>>6739459
damn, saw that coming
>>
>>6739445
And because you are the only here defending your definition and everyone else tells you that's not it, you are part of the majority knowing what that term actually means?
You are just too stubborn to even consider that you could potentially be wrong.
>>
>>6739445
Fucking hell, I quit. I really hope that this was all bait, because if so, you're a goddamn master. If not, you need to seriously reconsider the way that you formulate arguments.
>>
File: 1440976468385.jpg (59 KB, 450x620) Image search: [Google]
1440976468385.jpg
59 KB, 450x620
>>6739446
>People using a term wrong doesn't mean you should automatically accept that as what a term actually means.
In the English language, that literally is how people define what words are supposed to mean, regardless on what "expert opinions" may say.

>Do you have any idea what the consequences of that would be?
You mean the way words like "gay", "awful", "egregious" or in the case of more recent internet culture "meme" (vs image macro), "googling" (vs searching), "shopping" (vs photoeditting) have shifted meanings?
That's a normal phenomenon in lanaguge and is called semantic change:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semantic_change

>There is a reason we distinguish between how a term is used and what it actually means, aka colloquial and formal use.
No, it's the difference between actual descriptivist use and outdated prescriptivist use the way people insist on "literally" not being allowed to be used for hyperbole despite it having examples of said use dating back to the 19th century.

>If you wouldn't make that distinction, a lot of terms would become so vague you couldn't possibly use them in a scientific/scholarly environment anymore.
Except fans of a certain genre of animation made in Japan aren't exactly rocket scientist last I checked (though surely some rocket scientist might also be fans of anime).

>If you just accept it, the result would be arbitrariness.
Or it would mean the meaning of the word has changed before you realized it.

If you can show me it being used more often by your definition, by all means, it's not that I particularly care, but otherwise you are just wrong by pretty much any linguistic metric.

And this is brushing aside the topic of if tsundere is truly as "untranslatable" as anime fans claim it is which I honestly disagree with (regardless on which definition you prefer)
>>
>>6739485
You don't even realise how much bullshit you are spouting, do you?
But everyone but you just has to be wrong.
I really hope you are not working in a scientific environment.
>>
>>6739485
Want to know what pisses me off the most about your argument? You're assuming that you're correct and refusing to acknowledge anything that conflicts with your preexisting notion.
>>
File: nevermind.jpg (53 KB, 300x562) Image search: [Google]
nevermind.jpg
53 KB, 300x562
>>6739485
>Except fans of a certain genre of animation made in Japan aren't exactly rocket scientist last I checked

>(though surely some rocket scientist might also be fans of anime).

Damn you for covering your ass.
>>
Shut the fuck up, faggots.
>>
>>6739485
You're literally arguing against specificity. You're so far up your own ass I'm surprised you haven't suffocated yet.
>>
Anyone has the 20 dollar patreon password?
>>
>>6739485
>the meaning of tsundere has become more diluted
>so all tsunderes ever are now shit
Fuck you.
>>
>>6739513
I can get it for you, but it'll cost you $25.
>>
>>6739485
In an argument about the meaning of a word, dictionary definition is the only fair way of doing things(that's actually why dictionaries exist.) "Evolution of language" is not an inherently flawed argument, but it doesn't hold any water if you're using it to tell someone they're using a word wrong, because the basis of the point is that the meaning each words is a little subjective.
>>
>>6739539
What a steal.
>>
File: Mirror Match Easy Mode.jpg (288 KB, 1022x802) Image search: [Google]
Mirror Match Easy Mode.jpg
288 KB, 1022x802
CoC got an actual ending.
It's buggy as fuck in some parts but it does the job.
Why didn't you tell me /d/? Goddammit.
>>
>>6739714
You were told. Two threads ago, in fact. >>6734946
>>
File: 1307411740191.jpg (584 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1307411740191.jpg
584 KB, 1024x768
>>6739555
I am not him, and I actually don't agree with him concerning all tsundere being bad (I also think this assertion is inconsistent with his argument, he's trying to canonise a use of the term), nevertheless, dictionaries are basically useless. Your intention in any exchange of language should be to communicate a particular sense you are thinking of with the use of lingustic signs. This means you need to somehow get someone else to think a particular concept based on the language you are using, which means they should grasp the particular semantic association (association between term and concept) you have in your head. A dictionary logs popular semantic associations, but might not log, or might not log with the necessary priority the one you have in your mind. Therefore, using a dictionary instead of considering the sense the word is used in in the particular circle you are discussing in or asking the particular person you are discussing with to clarify the sense they use it in, might be counter-productive, it might inhibit discussion rather than facilitate it.

Also, there are no "right" and "wrong" ways to use a term. That would imply there are right and wrong associations of terms and meanings, and we know of no abstract rule, nor any property of concepts or terms which would account for something like this. There might be more or less useful ways to use language, that is there might be some associations between terminology and meaning which might be more popular and thus easier to anticipate by your interlocutor, but that's the most you can say.

If I use the term "tsundere" to mean the concept of lemon, and the term "lemon" to mean the concept of tsundere, this would be a "shit nigger what the hell are you doing" case and it would not facilitate understanding, but it would not strictly be wrong, in the sense that the statement 1+2=43 is false.

Basically, the connection between terms and meanings is historically contingent, intrinsically arbitrary.
>>
>>6739448
No, but there are games that somewhat have that level of depth.
>>
>>6737952
Looks like overwrite code?

Updated to 0.6.4
mega nz/#!esQjxboR!YWqBrdYc8UXK2nhr01OB-LtasLQf5SEF7Y6p1bX2vVA
- New careers (one is sci-fi but given recent research will likely be achieved by when the game is)
- Tweaks to Latina
- Casino winning randomised
- Added hairless as a pubic option and added it to the lab raid prize
- New event with a way of getting another Acrology owner as a slave (event will be tweaked so this is only a chance)
- Pulled Acrology owner origin intro due to coding issues (Code: http://pastebin.com/VfNApy23 )
- Includes Identical twins event from /hgg/
>>
>Also, Twine is a favorite platform among some tribe of moralizing scolds, apparently?
What did he mean by this?

>medieval Arabia, ... been requested for a while
Is this true? I've seen a lot more interest in Mesopotamia, both medieval and bronze age. It's hard to imagine someone wanting to revive Arabia at any time.
>>
>>6739897
>- Includes Identical twins event from /hgg/

/hgg/ became interested in FC? I thought they didn't like it.
>>
>>6738890
There was a controversy a while back where some chick who made a game fucked a journalist, which was amusing news to most folks but them some got super mad that anyone would laugh at a strong independent woman whose personal life should not reflect on her career, and others got mad because it's unethical for a journalist to fuck a dev and then not recuse himself, and the SJW side started harassing people and calling everyone they disagreed with harassers while the journalists turned out to be doing some kinda shady shit. The people complaining about ethics, meanwhile, committed the gravest sin of all by becoming sanctimonious hacktivist fucks and being a total nuisance everywhere they go.
>>
>>6739846
If your intention should be to communicate properly, being as specific as possible should be your priority and thus agreeing upon one definition is to be preferred, which is exactly what dictionaries help with.
Introducing arbitrariness into it by diluting the meaning of words is completely counterproductive to that and will inevitably cause misunderstandings.
I'd also argue that discussions of semantics are far less desirably or meaningful than properly communicating ideas in a clear, understandable fashion.
And while the possibility of arguing or discussion semantics at times may have its merits, it complicates the more valuable exchange of ideas and is thus usually more detrimental than beneficial. Especially when diverting from the original topic and leading from one semantic discussion to the next.
There is a reason why philosophers usually employ rather complex language and very clearly define terms, which may be even a little unclear.

There clearly are right and wrong ways to use a term. Your very next paragraph includes such a wrong way to use a term.
It's not just that lemon has a very clear definition, it's also universally understood as such, so in no way can it be called right to call something else a lemon nobody but you would ever associate with that word.
That is arguing for complete and absolute arbitrariness of language, making any definition obsolete, any word devoid of all meaning and ultimately communication through language impossible and thus rendering language absolutely pointless.
We can only allow a certain level of arbitrariness in a language to be able to still use it for what a language's purpose is.

And as an aside: As a mathematician, I have to say that your example is as bad as it gets.
Whether 1 + 2 = 43 is right or wrong completely relies on your definition of 1, 2, 43 and +.
Even when you take 1, 2 and 43 out of this and simply assign their usual definition (which is sensible), I can very easily define
+: x + y |-> 43
>>
File: 1375665554957.jpg (145 KB, 587x800) Image search: [Google]
1375665554957.jpg
145 KB, 587x800
Hey /d/, how interested would you be in a slave-raising game where you played as monsters (Lamia, Spidergirl, Orc, and etc) with human slaves?
>>
>>6739900
>implying mesopotamia and arabia aren't the same
>>
>>6739909
>others got mad because it's unethical for a journalist to fuck a dev and then not recuse himself

Fun stuff: That particular journalist she fucked didn't actually review her "game". It was just some random smuck.
>>
>>6739902
Pretty much included the only legal code they've come up with in my mod, there's only a few of them on /hgg/ and one of them raided my pastebin.

Their hiding because their ignoring FCDev's wishes. Happened to be the first thread I found for FC and I bailed pretty fast once I saw their mods (also in the UK)

>>6739915
Hell yes, just don't forget to include male lamia's TT_TT
>>
>>6739909
As if the other side wouldn't be just as obnoxious and as much of a nuisance everywhere they go, trying to inject their ideology into every game there is and whining to supranational organizations about games being oh so evil.
>>
>>6739922
As long as they keep it to sites that only cucks and women go to anyway, who cares?
>>
>>6739923
They literally convinced the UN to try to get Japan to stop making H-games.
Japan told them to fuck off because the UN is a joke, but still.
>>
>>6739920
Not a problem. Things like male Lamias and female Orcs are up my alley also.
>>
>>6739920
>Their
They're*
And really? I just checked and didn't notice any mention of FC in the past three threads.
>>
>>6739926
Courtesy of Skyrim and WoW fanart, female orcs are up mine as well...
>>
>>6739930
They pilfered another thread, resource something or other. I haven't checked for it in a while.
>>
>>6739930
Also it's silly o'clock here, leave my late night grammar alone :P
>>
What kind of game mechanics would you put in a game where you play the slave?
I was thinking in a dungeon crawl/roguelike setting you could be sent to open trapped chests or be used as a distraction.
>>
>>6739913
I managed to accidentally my response. The shorta short of it:

Nothing I said has anything to do with specificity. If I use the term "lemon" to mean the concept of chicken, the association (between the idea I want to communicate and the term I use to do so) I have in mind is very specific, however it's unpopular in every circle and hence doesn't facilitate the communication of the concept chicken in those circles.

This is why using this term to communicate this concept isn't useful (pragmatically, to achieve this stated purpose I use it for). But there is no logical inconsistency inherent in using unpopular associations of terms and concepts

This is a description of the actually contingent character of language, and it is exactly this recognition which establishes the pragmatic usefulness of clear intra-text definitions when using unpopular terms or unpopular associations of terms and concepts, or revising popular associations. It is also the understanding which shows why arguing about semantics is, as you say, useless. Since there are no intrinsically true associations of terms and concepts (as there are true associations between concepts), there is no point (beyond historical interest) in discussing semantics rather than to proceed from clarification to discussing the conceptual content of a statement once that was properly communicated. I.e. we need to agree what each of us means when using language, then discuss that meaning, rather than get caught up into an impossible and useless debate of what we should mean (rather than what we do mean) with each word. I think it's a stretch to say the least that this makes communication through language impossible

>Whether 1 + 2 = 43 is right or wrong completely relies on your definition of 1, 2, 43 and +

In the philosophy of language, you use quotation marks when talking about a term and don't when talking about a concept. 1+1=2 is an analytically true judgment, regardless of the terms you might state it in.
>>
>>6739915
Shit yeah. Especially if you can render them cattle or with a lot of effort corrupt or mutate them into more monsters like so many good h-manga.
>>
>>6739933
You talk too much
>>
So regarding fantasy themed 'slave sim' about life of a mage where you use girls to acquire mana and then use that mana to acquire girls.. I made a 'proof of concept' version, which does not really have that much but should give a good idea how things gonna work.

So far it has:
- Basic slave/prisoner management and interactions
- 1 main quest for mage guild
- Slaver guild to buy/sell already tamed girls
- Laboratory and items for nearly full alteration with no consequences
- 1 small area to travel where you can capture girls
- Basic spell system
Needless to say, nearly all text should be treated as a placeholder. I'm not a native english speaker and I also looking for someone who would proofread my chicken scratches. Maybe even a writer/russian to english translator, which is pretty unlikely, but who knows. Critique and suggestions are welcome.

mega.nz/#!gB8EQJhR!mXPQtMHuknrunpItGtbWIDYvnmsBydFzNSbrw1GZ2iE

I made a blog for easier feedback here: strivefopower.blogspot.com/
>>
>>6739920
>Their hiding because their ignoring FCDev's wishes.
On what?
>>
>>6740194
the only thing I know that FCDev doesn't want in FC is underage content.
I'm pretty sure he said he'd stop development is people modded it in.
This is the thing that is preventing me from modding in a creche of some kind for children born from your slaves.
>>
>>6740198
>I'm pretty sure he said he'd stop development is people modded it in.
Sounds like very easy spot for trolling.
>>
>>6740198
Ah. Fucking idiots.
>>
>>6740198
>>6740194

I suspect it's this too.

That strange feel when if it is that you want a link, but you don't want FC dev to find out.

FC Dev? More like FC Dad amirite?

(I actually started modding in underaged content once before I felt guilty and stopped. He's just so adorably sincere and non-obnoxious with his request.)
>>
>>6739897
>Looks like overwrite code?
*sad*

Either I'm going to have to learn to actually use this program or just give up.

>>6740201
>He's just so adorably sincere and non-obnoxious with his request.
The bit about not modding in a way to sponsor kids through school rather than damning them to sex slavery is kinda obnoxious. Still, yeah, not worth going against him on.
>>
>>6739915
if the moster is futa and and if you can turn the slaves into futas, hell yeah!
>>
>>6740191
Literally nobody cares?
>>
>>6740253
This is FC general in all but name, sorry.
>>
>>6740253
>>6740191

I looked at it. As a proof of concept it's nice, though your (admittedly placeholder) text is kind of hard to read. You'll definitely need a proofreader for widespread English popularity. Obviously a lot more work needs to be done on it, but I do like the potential. Odds are that lots of folks on 4chan will note that furries (beastfolk) exist and assume you'll just go full furry like so many devs before you.
>>
Anybody know of more fap roulette games like Journey Through Izildia and Normal Life in Rape City?
>>
>>6740256
It is somewhat a cross between FC and Jack (on how i see it at least) but then it has much more I try to include and goes in different direction, instead of managing basically city, you manage only small things and exploration will be major part of it. Than again it has magic/fantasy theme.

>>6740258
>so many devs before you.
Such as?
I don't really see myself doing it. You can also disable furries in setting and I think I may just go with completely customizable options on what you want and don't want, as long as there's bare minimum of art and key events.
And yes, indeed I'm in need of proofreader which is the main reason I decided to post.
>>
File: 1429464585722.jpg (220 KB, 1000x1404) Image search: [Google]
1429464585722.jpg
220 KB, 1000x1404
>>6740264
>Such as?

CoC and Breeding Season both went that way. I have a few suggestions for features, but you're at such an early junction I doubt what you need is ideas. Keep at it though, I'm interested to see where it goes. Do I need to complete the mage quest to get skills?
>>
>>6740266
I kinda thought breeding seasons was more furry since start? Although I admit, I didn't follow quite.

Spell purchase is unlocked after you join mage guild, or alternatively you can use debug button to unlock everything.

I'll make a list of planned/implemented features soon, so I can keep track of it and add more suggestions. Good chance is I already have some stuff in mind which gonna be suggested.
>>
>>6740268
Breeding season was 100% furry from the start.
>>
>>6740191
Looks good with potentials.

Will it have any TF stuff? No full furry stuff but you know, Tenticle monsters need love too.
>>
>>6740285
It will absolutely have corruption thematic and race change. Tentacles will be there too (I have tentacle summoning semi-combat spell in mind), not sure what else you would mean by TF, but not gonna delve into angler fish girl territory.
>>
>tfw no ntr game where you play a futa stealing women left and right
>tfw interracial ntr has the perfect mix of submission and degradation of the woman, but it's filled with "muh superior negro dick" and the artist's latent homosexuality.

Also is there a keyword for ntr from the perspective of the taker? Sad monologues from the limp dicked mc are real boner killer.
>>
File: 48086700_p0.jpg (163 KB, 797x619) Image search: [Google]
48086700_p0.jpg
163 KB, 797x619
I was wondering if anyone would help me find 堕邪女神 Evil Goddess by 坑神newface

I happened across his game while cursing pixiv but everywhere I look seems to turn up dead ends and bad links. Best I can find is the last version the person issued was v1.08 at the end of April in 2015. His pixiv points to no websites and other sites that mention where he uploads looks like he has taken down everything. His blogspot only goes to 2014 and has no links of any version of the game. ulmf is also a huge pile of dead links.

Game is chinese, uses RPGMaker VXAce, and looks like it mainly themes clothing damage and rope bondage avatar changes. Including female enemies.
>>
>>6740300
I believe its netori. Also very few people like first handed used goods and only fetish I think it conveys, is a subjective dominance of other males, which is probably a reason for latent homosexuality as well.
>>
>>6740304
For me it's more about really owning the woman, and taking her away from someone else takes that to whole nother level. It's better when the husband is only mentioned, which is unfortunately rare in /aco/ material and nip stuff is usually too on/off switch with the corruption. But enough about my fetishes, have a futa milf.
>>
>>6740184
I stayed generic... Ish, I can at least appreciate the effort in the coding.

>>6740218
I'll look over all the code later, I just glanced earlier. Reason I said that is because the header is missing and thus it doesn't load FC (that said the current release has a few major issues that screw up perfectly good code).

> The bit about not modding in a way to sponsor kids through school rather than damning them to sex slavery is kinda obnoxious. Still, yeah, not worth going against him on.

I'm toying with adding a Your Daughter tag and coding a school in, literally no sexual content there though. It's just a cash sink concept and will result in a subpage where you manage your daughter's roles in the Acrology once they graduate (AKA turn 18). Again no sexual content there though, at least not involving you (I literally have no plans there, it's just a concept I'm toying with in my head). But that's for a lot further down the line when I know more javascript. Just an FYI though they'd be able to serve in non-sexual main content roles, like DJ and Bath Attendant though (yes that basically means a no-sexytimes harem of Daughter's washing your back event).
>>
>>6740275
Breeding season started out bestiality and became furry when rather ironically all the furries giving him money said they couldn't fap to beast.
>>
>>6740313
Seriously? A lot of those furries probably have OCs with a feral form... It's a pretty common thing.
>>
When will Free Cities Encyclopedia be updated? I need tips on new rooms.
>>
>>6740316
Well it's full on furry now. Also hilariously, the same 'trait' that turns furry monsters back into almost-beast again also turns the non-furry catgirl tier monsters fullblown furry as well.
Can't win.
>>
>>6740324
I play it, there's not a lot of the major projects I don't toy around with and to to be honest I still kind of prefer the original art style. The new(est) one is trying too hard.
>>
>>6740249
I'm actually working on a slave game with scriptable campaigns. One of the campaigns will feature you playing as a shemale vampire, where you must kidnap girls, and either consume them or transform them to bring you more slaves. The "normal" campaign will be just kidnapping girls and training them to be your slave while avoiding the cops.

Still in very early stages, I wouldn't want to release it unless it were in a playable state and so that may never happen.
>>
File: 3.jpg (624 KB, 1200x1784) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
624 KB, 1200x1784
I created a new GUI and a bunch of bugfixes for MMW, let me know what you think! It should be much more clear now that the demo doesn't end inside your house, there's a fair bit more.

There's a link (with notes) on my blog.

jvmmw bl*gsp*t com
>>
>>6740345
That font is so glaringly out of place it makes me cringe.
>>
>>6740342
but we can transform the slaves into shemales too?

pls ;-;
>>
>>6740351
sorry, yeah, that's what I meant. :P Actually not sure if I want to make all vampires shemale or futa. Haven't totally thought it all through yet, but I want it to be very different from the main campaign, with much more of a vampire fantasy.

The idea is that if I design it for a few different campaign scripts, including some really strange and far out ones, then anybody should be able to use my game to make any sort of setting or theme they want.
>>
>>6740345
>avatar
triggered
>>
>>6740345
does it end when you click on "my immersion!" ?
>>
>>6740349
I'm still looking for a better font/color, it's in the notes. Thanks for the feedback!

>>6740363
Yea, that's the end for now. I made the engine it's running on myself, so a lot of work went into that.
>>
>>6740287
TF as in, TransFormation.
the use of spells or items to change the physical apperance of the girls, such as breast growth, height changes, skin color change, giving them dicks, or giving them tentacles.
>>
>>6740380
Its already there, except for tentacles. When I include and expand girl on girl interactions tentacles may be an interesting addition though.
>>
File: screen.jpg (245 KB, 1316x658) Image search: [Google]
screen.jpg
245 KB, 1316x658
>>6740385
Whoops, forgot the screenshot.
>>
>>6740386
Cool concept, but in the intro alone you should do things like type out "two", and
>Sentient beings is
should be
>Sentient beings are
At some point, just run your game's text through Word or something that notices grammar errors too.
>>
>>6740402
Will probably do, I still have some hope to find an actual proofreader. Autocorrection won't cut my incompetence.
>>
>>6739967
>1+1=2 is an analytically true judgment, regardless of the terms you might state it in.
I won't even go into the rest, because I don't see the point in it (still think you are as wrong as it gets), but this statement is simply false.
It relies heavily on a whole bunch of definitions to be true in the first place.
Just to make this as simple as possible:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GF(2)
>>
File: sad.jpg (108 KB, 449x533) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
108 KB, 449x533
Hey, people, got a question about RAGS. In some games - though none of the ones from here - I have issues with gifs.

Some of the gifs and always the same ones tend to mess RAGS up for me - they start playing and then suddenly I get a popup with "System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException (0x80004005): A generic error occurred in GDI+." in the log. Using latest stable (and the last one available for my old-as-fuck-OS I am currently forced to use because reasons) RAGS version.

Asking because /d/eviants here are somewhat more knowledgeable about RAGS than many other communities. Anyone can help?
>>
>>6740362
Why would you be? Player characters were and still often called avatars.
>>
>>6740427
I mean, I'm stating what's basically a concensus view, but ok. Prescriptivism in lingustics has been ded since the 1920s or so.

1+1=2 is a textbook example of an analytic judgment that is necessarilly true in logical positivist / empiricist philosophy, hence why I chose to use it, since empiricist examples tend to be more popular with internet laypeople.

I could have used the example of an unmarried bachelor if you think that would be more appropriate. The concept of the predicate is entailed in the concept of the subject (the concept of bachelor is identical to the concept of unmarried), therefore it's analytically true (think of it as tautological) that a bachelor is unmarried.

Stating the same thing by replacing the term "bachelor" with the term "chicken" and the term "unmarried" with the term "lemon" would return the sentence a "chicken" is a "lemon". While the terms the judgment is stated in (its symbolic representation) are ridiculous, it remains true that the represented concepts entail one another and thus the judgment is true (by virtue of their conceptual entailment). A chicken is not a lemon, but a "chicken" (where "chicken" signifies [bachelor]) is a "lemon" (where "lemon" signifies [unmarried]) is true.

You might object that choosing to represent the concept of bachelor with the signifier "chicken" is batshit. Substantively what you can say is that as a matter of fact someone doing this will fail to communicate with others. But you can't say he's wrong, because what is truth-or-false-apt is the cognitive content of statements, not their symbolic representation.
>>
I have Mega link with a shitload (29) of Nighthawk's games. I can post them if anyone wants me to.
>>
>>6740444
I can say he is wrong and I do say he is wrong.
But I am really not going to engage you any further than this and you won't convince me either, as I just think all of that is simply a bunch of bullshit.
And as I just showed you 1 + 1 = 2 is not necessarily true at all. It is only necessarily true in very specific circumstances when all of the premises it requires are met.
They couldn't have chosen a worse example for something that is necessarily true in those textbooks.
>>
>>6740448
Don't recall the guy right now. Is he any good? Are the games any good? If so, I am sure no one will hate you for sharing, anon.
>>
>>6740456
>I can say he is wrong and I do say he is wrong.

Ok, in what sense is he wrong. When you say "you are wrong" what are you telling him?

>And as I just showed you 1 + 1 = 2 is not necessarily true at all.

You are objecting that 1+1=2 is true insofar as a certain meaning is attached to each of the signifiers. You are therefore objecting that the series of symbols "1" "+" "1" "=" "2" might not represent a true statement. This is true, but neither here nor there.
>>
>>6740461
>But I am really not going to engage you any further
>>
>>6740463
Ok, then.
>>
>>6740345
To be honest, I preferred the black background and white text. Are you planning to let players choose how the GUI looks, or is that not really doable?
>>
>>6739285
Nympho appears to stop quirks from generating fetishes altogether. Least it cuts down on the clutter of having a slave swap between their quirk fetishes every week because they can only have one at a time?
>>
File: RJ129346_img_main.jpg (226 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
RJ129346_img_main.jpg
226 KB, 560x420
>>6740460
>Is he any good?
I like his stuff, but I don't know enough to say whether or not it's "good". You probably know of him from his series "Stopping!!", it's kind of what put him on peoples' radar.
https://mega.nz/#F!vIwiDJyI!wOoO8748YHNNbZRD_8b5uA
I've seen games get added occasionally to this folder, which seems to indicate that it's being maintained by someone.
>>
>>6740362
You're right, it should have been translated as "toon".
>>
>>6740483
Ah, damn, you're right, now I recognize him. Yes, he's good though his common use of ugly guys taking big part of the "shot" in most of his animations disappoints me severely. Generally, too many japanese authors pull this crap. Why, do they think that anyone who's into their stuff is absolutely disgusting hambeast and cannot identify with any other type of character?
>>
>>6740474
I'm going to offer the choice to switch between the 3 if it doesn't present any problems with more complex interfaces like NPC shops.

Is there anything I could do to make the GUI version more pleasant, or is it beyond saving? D:

Really appreciate the feedback!
>>
>>6740486
Now THIS makes me cringe. And the sad thing is, in some MMO people use such retarded term for player characters.
>>
>>6740487
Well, he did make a two shota games. One where you fuck your mom, another where you're a trap.
>>
>>6740489
I prefer the term "digital representative".
>>
>>6740495
Right. Let's go for "virtualized alter ego" or "machine-simulated proxy identity" while we're at it.
>>
>>6739275
gg are basically shitposters IRL
them getting "doxxed" is bullshit faggotry
whole thing started with cuck bitching about ex
>>
>>6740488
It does not really fit into my 768 height resolution.
>>
>>6740488
Not him, but a small change that would improve things would be to set it to a sans-serif typeface. Currently it's just the browser's default, and every browser defaults to a serif typeface (Times New Roman on Windows).
>>
>>6740311
>Reason I said that is because the header is missing and thus it doesn't load FC (that said the current release has a few major issues that screw up perfectly good code).
Pretty sure the issue's my end. I fixed it once long ago, but can't remember how.
Maybe I'll be able to manually fix it by comparing it and the real FC file.
>>
>>6740410
Eh, I may do some for you if you tell me where and how best to do so.
>>
>>6740517
Anyhow you are comfortable with, I suspect google docs or pastabin would do. Got any means of contact? I would like to hear bit more about your options though. I also (presumably) added anonymous comments on the blog so you can contact me there.
>>
>>6740510
Oh, it should support resolutions 1024x768. I'll check it out!

>>6740511
Gotcha, will do!
>>
>>6740547
I use 1366x768.
>>
>>6740313

what the fuck...

you mean breeding season could have been good?

i want to punch a niggerfur
>>
>>6740557
Well, it's not horrible - not by stretch when compared to many other games funded by patreons and the like - but yeah, could be better.
>>
>>6740556
I mean to say "Oh, it should support resolutions 1024x768 and up. I'll check it out!"

I removed the minimum resolution entirely, it should look good on all of them except the ones below 700x700 if any device still has a resolution that low...
>>
>>6740557
Yes, it could have been. But furries ruined it like they ruin a lot of things by injecting their shitty fetish. There is a reason why people not into furry hate furries.

>>6740570
It's furry shit. So yes, it is quite horrible.
It's a porn game with bad porn.
>>
>>6739915
yes please
>>
>>6740624
B-but muh OBJECTIVELY good art!
>>
So I'm playing Free Cities and failing at it horribly with multiple questions and help needed. I know there's a built in help but is there any guides or tips and tricks/protips for it at all?
>>
>>6740656
Do you seriously want to claim furry is ever good?
>>
Does anyone else have an issue installing the English patch to Jack o Nine-tails? I'm overwriting all the files and installing the base game, but it's still in Russian.
>>
>>6740557
There are still a few of the original versions are out there somewhere, best place to search would be on furry sites like e621 since the game started out on a primarily furry forum. Just type the developer's name in the search bar, you'll probably find it. Bear in mind that the art wasn't anything special at any point in development. Dickwolves were just dogs, catgirls were just the player character with ears glued on, and demons were cookie monsters.
>>
>>6740751
No, I was referencing the shitposter that we had a couple of threads ago who was insisting that Breeding Season was OBJECTIVELY great.
>>
File: 20151122192423-f08545ac-me.jpg (107 KB, 476x594) Image search: [Google]
20151122192423-f08545ac-me.jpg
107 KB, 476x594
I want monster girls but I can't really find anything in the pastebin. Anything you bros can recommend?
>>
>>6740741
I don't think there are any. The game changes too quickly for written guides to make sense. Basically, if you don't do anything stupid and keep making money, there should be no problem. Everyone should be whoring at first. Buy slaves when they're cheap. Break them quickly with confinement, shock collars, aphrodisiacs, chastity belts, and shitty clothing. Once they're yellow, have them serve until they're accepting. When they're accepting, send them out to whore. If you want to get them whoring earlier, make sure they're terrified of you. Make money, leave a buffer for bad weather and emergencies, and carefully read the weekly summary to find any issues before they become problems.
>>
>>6740768
Oh, okay, don't remember that one. Maybe I wasn't there for it.
Just seemed like you were ridiculing the post you replied to.

If we weren't on 4chan I would be surprised by people claiming any fetish or art is objectively good.
I wouldn't even give a shit about furry, but their fandom is ridiculously obnoxious and tries to turn everything into furry, if they see a chance.
>>
>>6740766
>demons were cookie monsters.
the world needs more Muppets porn
>>
Are there any /d/ games with a lot of lactation content?
>>
>>6740789
CoC/TiTS has a moderate emphasis on the whole lactation fetish thing. Seems like almost every sex scene has an additional paragraph or two for for characters that are lactating.

Other than that, haven't seen any with a particularly large emphasis on lactation. It's mostly just an afterthought in most games.
>>
>>6740741
Don't try and make all your slaves like you. It takes so long, you'll lose out on tons of potential income.

Instead, only focus on VIP slaves liking you (head girl, body guard, facility leaders). Anyone else just needs to fear you -- or sometimes not even that -- to make you money.
>>
>>6739915
I had an idea for a game like this, where you play as the villain in a Dungeon Keeper sort of thing, and you corrupt and brainwash the heroines you capture. Lost track of it in the time it took to actually learn programming independently.
>>
>>6740429
RAGS is one of the buggiest and fragmented h-game engines in existence. Not a lot to be done.

The only thing I can suggeest is trying different versions of RAGS. The RAGS community is generally split into 2.4.0.0, 2.4.1.6. and RAGS 3.0+. Playing a game design on one version usually results in some game breakage on other versions. I have all three versions installed myself because of this issue.
>>
>>6740804
Try Twine. It requires little to no programming experience and has a minimal learning curve, so you can focus on making the game rather than setting aside weeks/months to properly learn an engine.
>>
>>6740805
I am playing it on the same version it is being made on and for. Also, cursory search around the net shown that it may be the issue with the resources the game creator's using or rather, with how RAGS flips out with some of them.
>>
>>6740789
Future Cities also has lactation, not particularly pronounced, but leans towards selling milk as a product.
>>
>>6740751
I may not like the furry themes of pics and I may not like the style but I must say that there's lot of furry artists who can draw quite well, are good at shading etc - in fact, quite many people get into furry because they follow some decent artist and their non-furry art and then find out they're doing also the furry stuff.
>>
>>6740806
Dungeon Keeper doesn't really work in a text engine.
>>
>>6739329
That game does exist?
>>
>>6740806
Burning exploding cars,
>>
>>6740825
Furry art is one of the greatest tragedies. I've seen some genuinely amazing artists with good control of anatomy and colouration, and with imaginative pictures. But for the life of me, muzzles and fur are immediate bonerkills.
>>
>>6740804
>>6740828
I know of two games that actually pulled it somewhat well. Oh, sure, they're clunky and lots of features had to be hacked in but there's at least something like sci-fi dungeon keeper about kidnapping people, building facilities in your base and turning those people into different kinds of brainwashed sexy drones.

And they're made in RAGS.

Yes, RAGS.

Truly, masochism was the trait of their creators.
>>
>>6740832

>>6739459
>>
>>6740839
That's great!
Because that means we can make it a game!
>>
>>6740828
I've seen management sims work in Twine. Those involving building either go with one of two approaches: a list of locations you can click to navigate to, or use a jpeg map. In theory you could do it dynamically, like

>1 2 3 4
>5 6 7 8
>9 0 A B

Where you could have each slot display either a black square, or a room, depending on if the player has built something there or not.
>>
File: Screencap001.png (649 KB, 808x616) Image search: [Google]
Screencap001.png
649 KB, 808x616
>>6740806
>>6740804
That's what I'd like to see more of myself.
Twine's cool. Hilariously, though, I'm using RPG Maker MV to whip something up.

Anyway, here's a screencap testing randomly generated features/gender/name.
>>
>>6740825
Pretty much this. I am not bothered by furries more than by some of the regular /d/ shit even if not particualrly crazy about it either - it's just another niche kind of porn for me. But good drawing skills are good no matter what you draw and sometimes it shows also in furry art.
>>
>>6740845
RPGMaker is easy to get into, but pretty restrictive about what you can do... especially since it has strong limitations on both text display and image display, which is important for H-games. (It was originally designed with Japanese characters in mind, which are far more compact than English).

If you haven't sunk a ton of time into the technical side, I'd get out and switch engines.
>>
File: 1451896698343.jpg (389 KB, 675x1050) Image search: [Google]
1451896698343.jpg
389 KB, 675x1050
>>6740848
>complacent to furshit
shiggy diggy lest you get burned.
>>
Tfw no victim approved hypnosis game?
Rare /d/ games with hypnosis include rape...
>>
>>6740825
I never claimed there are no good artists doing furry stuff.
The problem is even well drawn furry is still furry.
>>
>>6740838
>>6740843
Dungeon Keeper and its derivatives like Evil Genius are very visual games with fully modelled rooms and servants.
Half the point of the game is efficient room and trap layout, again something that doesn't translate well to text. Unless you called it a 'Dungeon Keeper' game only nominally.
>>
>>6740841
>we
>>
>>6740857
Furry or not, if it's enough well made, in a game it doesn't cause a problem.
In the rest of /d/ I can understand that there is complain, but let's face it: "yiff" perfectly belong to /d/, since they are the perfect case of alternative hentai.

Sorry to say you that.
>>
>>6740864
I can make all the devellopment, but I draw like a sh*t
>>
>>6740866
>"yiff" perfectly belong to /d/
Get out.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 78

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.