[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular opinion thread. Confess all your opinions here.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: puffin.jpg (115 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
puffin.jpg
115 KB, 1024x768
Unpopular opinion thread. Confess all your opinions here.
>>
Morrison suxs
>>
SU shitpost threads are the most summery bullshit I can imagine next to the Ghostbusters threads on /tv/.
>>
I thoroughly enjoyed BvS and find how its developed the characters and setting fascinating.
>>
>I don't want to see peter parker end up with mary jane again. It's pointless and what's been done is done. Let's just keep moving forward. Only reason people wants them together is nostalgia sake.
> I genuinely think marvel is racist. They seem to think that only whites and blacks exist and putting more blacks means diversity. Where are indian, filipino, alaskan, japanese, sri lanken superheroes ongoing?
> Gerry Duggan's version of Deadpool is just as bad as Daniel way's Deadpool. Where Daniel way wrote lulz randum deadpool gerry duggan has gone polar opposite and made him unfunny and his stories are dark and grim.
>>
>>84567677
I like Captain Marvel.
I don't like Captain Marvel.
I have enjoyed every Marvel movie so far.
I have disliked every Marvel movie so far.
I have enjoyed MoS and SvB.
I disliked MoS and SvB.
I look forward to watching Ghostbusters.
I don't want to watch Ghostbusters.

I can go on and on, any opinion is unpopular on /co/
>>
>>84567790
Live action belongs on /tv/.
>>
File: 1307738874750.png (19 KB, 381x400) Image search: [Google]
1307738874750.png
19 KB, 381x400
>If I replied to the shitposter then he wins
>If I don't reply to the shitposter he still wins because people will still reply to the bait/troll
>>
am i free of criticism if i make an unpopular opinion?
>>
>>84567911
Never, we can call your fetish/waifu shit If it is shit
>>
>>84567836
Live action should have never been permitted here.
>>
i think that the original scooby doo series isn't all that bad and isn't as bad as people make it out to be

>>84567911
that's what this thread is for mang

go for it
>>
Bendis is an alright writer
>>
>>84567911
Depends on how you phrase it.

Some phrasings simply invite criticism.
>>
Ultimate Spiderman was boring.

Slott is an okay writer.

Odinson is almost as bad a character as Whor.

Harley should never have any skin besides her face revealed when in costume.

Dick Grayson is dull.

Damian Wayne is a shitty tool.

Tim Drake is okay as a Terry substitute.

Zatanna is a slut.

She-Hulk is a slut and got what was coming to her.

Xavier did nothing wrong.

You're waifu is okay, but mine is better.
>>
-Flex Mentallo is the best comic ever written (inb4 Dave Sim)
-BvS is the best cape movie after TDK and BB
-the SW prequels are as good as the OT and TFA is indescribably awful
-I don't don't get the hate for Barneyfag. At least he's putting his autism to use for a good cause
>>
>>84568149
>-Flex Mentallo is the best comic ever written (inb4 Dave Sim)
Morrison worship is extremely popular on /co/. Get over your persecution complex, you whiny shit.

And go back to /tv/.
>>
>>84568535
Touch a nerve?
>>
>>84567677
Fuck puffins!
>>
Lemire is one of the best writers of this decade.
>>
>>84568645
>comes into unpopular opinions thread
>posts popular opinions
>comes into comics & cartoons board
>posts live action
You have to go back.
>>
I like early golden age Batman more than any other Batman. Silver age is cool too for its novelty, but modern age doesn't interest me. Haven't read much bronze age.
>>
>>84568145
>got what was coming to her.
What?
>>
Johns isn't DC's Bendis because Bendis actually has written some entertaining arcs in his lifetime

Enigma is the best thing Vertigo ever published without a doubt
>>
File: Xaviers confession.jpg (1 MB, 1864x2816) Image search: [Google]
Xaviers confession.jpg
1 MB, 1864x2816
>>84568145
USM is boring
Slott was legitmately a really good runner before getting main ASM duties
GLA, Mighty Avengers, Spidery/Human Torch plus all of his DC work
I liked Slott a lot before his ASM was run was basically let's not make Peter any fun anymore

Dick Grayson < Dick Rider

and pic related for Xavier, applies to all the members of the Illuminati really
>>
There's literally nothing wrong with live action on /co/ if it's related to comics. The faggots whining about it should be permabanned.
>>
>>84568802
iZombie, Lucifer, Walking Dead, Preacher deserve their own threads for new episodes
that Red movie should've been discussed here
as well as Snowpiercer, A History of Violence and Ghost World more
has anyone once ever brought up The Scribbler movie?
>>
>>84568802
Define "related to comics". Already in this thread we have someone sharing their opinions on the seven live action Star Wars movies, and I don't see how those qualify for /co/.
>>
File: 1447618435926.jpg (44 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
1447618435926.jpg
44 KB, 620x320
He's not a bad character.
>>
>>84568802
it's fucking live action so it belongs on /tv/, just fucking move to /tv/ to discuss them is that so hard?
>>
File: 1425221928159.jpg (90 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1425221928159.jpg
90 KB, 600x450
>>
>>84568802
>permabanned
>Why can't 4chan be a fascist dictatorship where anybody I don't like is exiled forever?
>>
>>84568715
Touched a nerve.
>>
>>84568860
The alt-right movement is popular here. Why are you pretending that your opinions are unpopular?
>>
>>84568849
Yes actually. You cant discuss anything on /tv/ before pedos and people spouting cuck show up
>>
Identity Crisis was a great story. Most of 52 wasn't, except for some of Booster's parts.
>>
It's not the changes or new characters in the mix that I mind, it's the petty moralizing that comes with it or behind it. Just sours the whole damn thing.
>>
>>84568838
Star Wars comics and cartoons
30 Days of Night should of been talked about
Supernatural has comics
Buffy does
there were Fringe comics

all the DCTV tie-ins should be discussed

it's all hypercrisis in a non gay way and /co/ is basically the best board for reasonable discussions (if you don't talk about any show that has a general because they're cancer)

Star Wars is /co/ as fuck
so was Son of the Mask and all iterations of Hercules

adaptations of Western stories by Western creators that have varying roots in both comics and cartoons are as legitimate, if not completely better and more related to the content of /co/, than daughterfu and gay threads
>>
File: 1395274901905.gif (484 KB, 296x130) Image search: [Google]
1395274901905.gif
484 KB, 296x130
>>84568920
>Star Wars TFA comes out
>venture onto /tv/ for the first time to talk about it
>mfw

/tv/ is every bit the shithole that people claim it is.

That being said, if a live-action movie didn't originate as a comic book, it really shouldn't go on here.
>>
>>84568802
>>84568831
I do think that adaptations -- things whose main plot elements originate from comics or cartoons -- are acceptable.

That said, there are exceptions. iZombie is so radically different from its original comic that I don't think it's /co/-related at all.
>>
>>84568947
>Discuss whatever you want, wherever you want! No rules, everything is connected, HYPERCRISIS!
Maybe the Hypercrisis crowd should be banned instead.
>>
Multiversity sucks
>>
>>84569031
>>84567692
meme
>>
>>84567677
I like comics, but not enough to actively go after them.
>>
>>84569036
They're unpopular opinions. This is an unpopular opinion thread. Where do you think you are?
>>
The first Spider-man's movie (the Raimi one) was disappointing. Only the second one is good.
>>
>>84567677
I really enjoy comics. I've been having a blast reading through rebirth and have some great stuff in my back catalogue that has non-stop kept me entertained.

Shit like Watchmen and All Star Superman was fantastic.
>>
>>84568947
I think it should only count if it started as a comic, not if it just gets a shitty comic or cartoon at some point. The comic itself would be /co/ but just because Star Wars has a few adaptations doesn't really mean it's on topic to discuss the new episode 8 trailer or whatever, just like it's not on topic to have a non-stop Ghostbusters thread just because it had a cartoon nearly two decades ago. Discuss the cartoon itself, but that doesn't give everything ghostbusters a pass.
>>
>>84567677
Fuck off Reddit.
>>
File: smd im getting a second season.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
smd im getting a second season.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>>84568955
it's like an Elseworld and brings more attention to the original comic, what's wrong with that and Lucifer?
It's like people complaining about Gotham because there's not Batman, but we're getting really cool Gotham stories regardless

>>84568995
Hypercrisis is gay like I stated but these are actually comic/cartoon related media
so why the butthurt?

one-one adaptions are really unrealistic because movies/television shows have a bigger budgets and try to appease a much bigger audience than any comic/cartoon does
this gives us more fun things, there's nothing to complain about
more people interested in these things generates more comics/cartoons
it'll have perpetual growth
don't be so narrow minded
>>
>>84569052
I don't know what this means. You won't go seek out comics, but will you read anything if it's delivered directly to you?

e.g. if I tell you to read this, will you do it?
https://www.mediafire.com/?1v43chp6rmkpm
>>
>>84569092
people are hoping it incorporates part of the EU, developed for decades with an extensive array of comics and cartoons
Ghostbusters has had a cartoon, comics and even two current ongoings, it's /co/ related
>>
Crossovers and multiverses killed western comics. Reboot them with their own distinct, unmixing canons.
>>
>>84569125
You're really stretching. For example, it's not okay on /toy/ to discuss the Ghostbusters movie even though it had toys, You have to discuss the toys, not the movie itself why would it be okay to discuss the live action movie here because it has an unrelated comic?
>>
Only actual comics and cartoons should be considered on-topic threads, adaptions that are live-action should be on /tv/, just because the board is shit doesn't mean you should get to shit up another, we have enough shit-posters as it is.
>>
>>84569181
because /co/ is the best board to discuss things and /toy/ is only toy related and never really has off-topics from my browsing of it(which isn't much at all)

but these are comic related, SW has like 5 congruently running comic right now about the specific movie-verse and plus thousands of comics made in the past 30 years that the movies might take inspiration from

Ghostbusters is /co/
all of their recent comics have been really entertaining and no ones reading them or discussing them
so maybe people get interested in them again because of these related media? /co/ talks about toys, theme parks, shows, bootleg merch, fan art and a bunch that aren't specificly about the comics/cartoons
what's wrong
more discussion and less just general threads is a good thing
variety is the spice of life
>>
File: shrug.jpg (69 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
69 KB, 425x282
I don't actually like comics, I'm just here for the cartoons, especially cartoon adaptations of comics.

Comics seem like a gigantic hassle to get into and not worth the money. Every writer has their own interpretation of a given character that usually shits all over any other writer's interpretation, there's no such thing as canon anymore, death is meaningless because a writer can just up and decide "This didn't happen," big two capeshit is just crossover events where if you want the whole story you have to buy a dozen comics from different series, and it all just resets to status quo afterward.
>>
The American comic industry should adopt a model more like manga, where instead of having artists divided by media (penciller, inker, colorist, letterer) you should have a lead artist with a number of assistants who specialize in different techniques (architecture, clothing, texture fills, etc.). It produces higher quality art overall. As derivative as a lot of manga art is, the technical quality of the art (and the rate of output) generally blows America comics out of the water.

With that in mind, I'd love to see more American companies poaching artists from Japan. There's a lot of crazy talented mangaka who suck at writing and would get paid better money here to do less work (per month) on easier deadlines in a country with lower cost of living.

Of anything within DC continuity, Seven Soldiers is Morrison's masterpiece. His non-continuity comics (The Filth, Flex, The Invisibles) are his best work overall.

Prophet is the best comic Image has ever published.

Sandman is good by accident. Gaiman is a bad writer who stabs blindly in the dark and happened to luckily strike something in Sandman. The fact that he's stabbing blindly is nonetheless present in Sandman, especially obvious when he goes on namedropping sprees.

A great deal of the indie canon "masters" will fade into obscurity over time. Dan Clowes, Craig Thompson, and Charles Burns are already fading from popular and critical consciousness. Their old books will fall off of "must read" lists and new books will largely be ignored. The only ones that'll stick around are people with celebrity power, like Chris Ware (because of his New Yorker covers) and Crumb (because of his antics).
>>
>>84569320
>Comics seem like a gigantic hassle to get into
Most comics have periodic reboots to give you a jump in point. DC for example has both Rebirth and New 52 in the last 5 years. You could pick up fresh from there very easy.

>and not worth the money.
Pirate if you must.

>Every writer has their own interpretation of a given character that usually shits all over any other writer's interpretation
The interpretations are typically not wildly different.

>there's no such thing as canon anymore
Yes there is

>death is meaningless because a writer can just up and decide "This didn't happen,"
No they can't, editorial has to permit them to do certain things. Barry Allen was dead for 20 years, that's not meaningless.

>big two capeshit is just crossover events where if you want the whole story you have to buy a dozen comics from different series
No you don't

>it all just resets to status quo afterward.
You complain about not being able to get into it and complain about them creating points for getting into it.
>>
>>84569318
>SW has like 5 congruently running comic right now
Then discuss those and not the movie.

It has an OST released, does that mean we can discuss the films on /mu/? No, you discuss the OST and take movie discussion to /tv/. Do you discuss it on /k/ because it has blasters? No, you start a fictional weaponry thread and leave movie discussion to /tv/. It has book adaptations too. You don't discuss the movie on /lit/ just the books themselves. Why is this so hard to understand and why do you think /co/ gets special rules? Other boards exist for a reason.
>>
>>84569459
>Most comics have periodic reboots to give you a jump in point. DC for example has both Rebirth and New 52 in the last 5 years. You could pick up fresh from there very easy.
Different anon, but that makes comics even less appealing for me.
>>
>>84569490
Then jump in after crisis on infinite earths and enjoy the 25 years of uninterrupted stories.
>>
>>84569467
those boards suck
even when /co/ randomly starts talking about history it's way better than anything on /his/

this is the best board because these mediums encompass so many great ideas that inspire so much in our culture
this is the place to talk about it all
if it wasn't
it'd be against the rules
>>
I hate it when characters I like appear in live action adaption or movies because then all the casuals think that's the "real" version of the character and the comics adapt to their view to appeal to them.
>>
>>84569603
Then you need to grow up and learn to share your toys.
>>
>>84569459
I'm glad it's not as bad as I thought it was, but it's still not particularly appealing to me.
>>
I actually didn't mind the animation style for As Told By Ginger.
>>
>>84569320
So try comics that aren't Big Two capes?
>>
>>84567677
BvS threads are the worst things to happen to /co/ in a long time, the capekino meme is also terrible. I don't even dislike the movie either.

Emperor's New Groove is the most underrated Disney film.

JSA > JLA.

I look forward to /a/ vs /co/ simply because I like to annoy weebs by saying manga is comics.

I understand Garth Ennis' reasoning towards disliking superheroes, but I don't understand his reasoning for disliking Captain America, he says it's because it takes away from the men who fought in WWII, even though Cap's creators both served in the war.

I am forever annoyed at Xorn being Magneto the whole time, it is, in my opinion, the worst thing Morrison has done (though, I do enjoy Morrison).

The Fleischer cartoon and Curt Swan versions of Superman are the definitive version of the character.

I will never watch a Chris-Chan video.

AoS is canon, whether you like it or not.

Jack Kirby's male faces were always off-putting to me, the man was a damn fine artist though.

Alex Ross is also a great artist, but can't into motion.

I'm glad that media such as Zootopia and Steven Universe are teaching children about issues like prejudice and mental illness. With that said though, I'm not a fan of Steven Universe.

Stop motion is the best form of animation.

I look forward to Toy Story 4.

Captain America: Civil War was highly enjoyable. Probably the third best film I've seen this year so far.
>>
>>84569600
/co/ - Random
>>
Cape comic fights look like trash. There's no weight or sense of speed or power to any of the fights.
>>
>>84567677
Seth Macfarlane is funny
>>
>>84567677
I wish there wasn't any capeshit or any comics for that matter
>>
>>84569840
Exactly, that's what this board is going to end up being, just because other boards are shit doesn't mean come to /co/, either deal with it or try and fix it.
>>
File: 1468385139639.png (422 KB, 1500x965) Image search: [Google]
1468385139639.png
422 KB, 1500x965
>>84567677
>Gay people and fujoshis drag the qualitty of this board down as much as /pol/.

Its not even because of what they fap to, their opinions are usually cringy as fuck and they talk like valley girls right from Tumblr, and they try to inject their shit on everything.

>Huuur /co/mblr triggered
>>
>>84569827
>JSA >JLA

You'd be hard-pressed to find people who disagree with that. /co/ fucking loves the JSA.
>>
>>84569440
>Gaiman is a bad writer who stabs blindly in the dark
Have you read any of his prose stuff? I'm not a huge Gaiman fan either but I think his prose is much better than most of his comics and the book he wrote together with Terry Pratchett is absolutely brilliant.
>>
File: 1452179344371.jpg (114 KB, 505x654) Image search: [Google]
1452179344371.jpg
114 KB, 505x654
Waifu/husbando threads are fun, and are an acceptable (if shallow) way to enjoy a property.

"Edgy" comics/cartoons that feature a lot of blood, gore, swearing and sex are more fun than comics that deliberately avoid grittier subject matter. Even the ones that overdo the edge are funny in a camp fashion.

I sometimes hope Homestuck's composers never find work again, because their music is grating to listen to. Jit is the only exception, but even then he's not great.

David Hopkins' Jack isn't a bad webcomic. It's derivative, gratuitous, and tonally inconsistent, but it's almost a perfect example of a comic artist presenting every aspect of themselves onto paper and accepting any response that comes their way.
>>
Big Hero 6 is an absolutely spectacular movie that has far more depth, subtlety, nuance, and intelligence than /co/ will ever give it credit for.
>>
>Kyle Rayner bores the shit out of me. I do not understand people who prefer him over the other lanterns. Even Hal has enough lulzy moments to make him more fun than that uncharismatic manga-loving pussy

>Loud House is a minor rebirth of THAT show with the colorful horse pygmies. it's generic as hell, but its fans are so obsessed with the cutesy, one-dimensional cast that it is liable to become cancerous

>Sealab 2021 was not good. I always felt it tried to capture the spirit of Space Ghost CTC, but without actually having entertaining characters like Brak, Zorak and Moltar

>I actually unironically liked The Ripping Friends. The villains were so fucking bizarre that it was awesome. It's the last thing John K did that consistently made me laugh

>I liked Salvation Run right up until the cop-out ending. Grodd/Mallah was fucking hilarious
>>
>>84567835
Wait, those aren't all opinions you have? Because they could be: Captain Marvel is the name of multiple heroes, you can enjoy a movie and still dislike it, and there are two movies titled Ghostbusters .
>>
>>84570282
I don't know if you're the same guy, but I'm pretty sure someone said they also wrote an essay based on Big Hero 6. Saying a lot of the same things you said.
>>
File: 1377712400536.jpg (30 KB, 555x644) Image search: [Google]
1377712400536.jpg
30 KB, 555x644
>>84567677
I think unpopular oppinion threads are just a haven for people with objectively shit oppinions to circlejerk about how terrible their tastes are and that these people get yelled down in other threads for a reason.
But I guess that's an unpopular oppinion to hold here.
>>
>>84569320
>he doesn't know about indie
>>
>>84569440
I wish Ware had celebrity power.
>>
I think most Marvel movies are decent, but hardly any of them are what I'd call "great".

I thought Iron Man 3 was the best Iron Man.

I prefer Silver and Bronze age Disney to the 90s revival.

Gwenpool is my favorite of the new comic releases.

I think Frank Miller is over-hated.

Virtually every B&W indie comic (to whit: Blankets and Scott Pilgrim) is complete trash.
>>
>>84570865
>Virtually every B&W indie comic (to whit: Blankets and Scott Pilgrim) is complete trash.
You should reevaluate your opinion.

Also, it's "to wit".
>>
I like Prometheus and would like a comic series out of it,
>>
Harley Quinn was never good. The Joker never needed a romantic pair, this is fanfic-level bullshit. She's just a shitty character from Paul Dini's wet dreams.

Kung-Fu Panda 1 & 2 were the only good movies to ever come out from Dreamworks studios.

Women are inferior writers/artists. They're also one the worst things that ever happened to the industry, along with the fangirls >(Bucky X Steve, lol XD)

Zootopia has the most cancerous fanbase of all. It's even worse than AT or SU fanbase. A bunch of autistic manchildren who lust over a fucking bunny and a fox.

Morrison is maybe the greatest comics writer ever, but he's also a beta cuck.

If you don't read European comics, you're just a casual pleb
>>
>>84570203
>"Edgy" comics/cartoons that feature a lot of blood, gore, swearing and sex are more fun than comics that deliberately avoid grittier subject matter. Even the ones that overdo the edge are funny in a camp fashion.
TFW I read Bomb Queen specifically because of seeing three threads bashing it in one day and liked it
>>
>>84567677
Nick Spencer isn't a good writer , Superior Foes wasn't that funny either and I hate how he shits on Remender's storylines, which are actually pretty creative.
>>
>>84571027
>Kung-Fu Panda 1 & 2 were the only good movies to ever come out from Dreamworks studios.

Excellent taste, but the third KFP was also good. Also, you're ignoring the How To Train Your Dragon movies.
>>
I wish more studios were like Dreamworks and were okay with milking the fuck out of series.

There are 3 Madagascar movies, 2 TV series, and a whole bunch of specials. Why the fuck has it taken a decade to even get an Incredibles 2 announcement? Quality over quantity doesn't apply forever.
>>
>>84567677
Jason was the best Robin and Nu52 Starfire is the best incarnation of the character
>>
>sam and max are shit comics
>adventure time should have end in the 6 season
>the first season of regular show is goat
>superman>batman
>bvs should have be written by synder
>ms marvel is ok
>danny phantom is ok
>woy is not that great is mediocre at best
>zootopia is the best movie of disney since ralph
>i miss the hunger games
>>
>>84572140
>danny phantom is ok
That's anything but an unpopular opinion around here
>>
>>84567677
Steven Universe is doomed beyond fixing
>>
>>84567677
I liked House of M.
>>
>>84571968
The Scott Lobdell issues of Red Hood and The Outlaws were pretty good
>>
File: 1465564141070.jpg (164 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
1465564141070.jpg
164 KB, 400x533
>DC has always been better than Marvel
>Spider-Man and Superman are the best superhero comics ever written, and their first crossover comic was the greatest example of how to make an engaging story while giving fans what they want
>Joss Whedon is a hack and a one trick pony
>Mary Jane Watson is the best and only girl for Peter
>Alan Scott is the best Green Lantern before Nu52 fuckary
>Guy is the best Red Lantern
>The Justice League cartoon had the worst adaption of the Green Lantern Corps. and how John Stewart uses the ring
>I think Adventure Time is trash
>I think Regular Show is also trash
>Batman the Brave and the Bold lasted for 3 seasons and was still cancelled before its time
>Green Arrow in the 70's was the worst mouthpiece for writers
>Judge Dredd is the best comic outside of Marvel and DC
>>
>>84570463
He does in the sense of the New Yorker covers, as said. The original illustrations he does (the physical copies, I mean) sell for $10K+. His individual pages sell for $8-10K. Most comic artists struggle to sell pages for $300-500.

The fact that he was in the Whitney Biennial and has real gallery representation helps too. He's one of fairly living comic artists whose work is actually collected by noteworthy art collectors, and one of even fewer living comic artists whose work is being acquired by museums.
>>
>>84572574
>Alan Scott is the best Green Lantern before Nu52 fuckary
>Guy is the best Red Lantern
>Batman the Brave and the Bold lasted for 3 seasons and was still cancelled before its time
These are not unpopular opinions.
>The Justice League cartoon had the worst adaption of the Green Lantern Corps. and how John Stewart uses the ring
These are not unpopular opinions here.
>Green Arrow in the 70's was the worst mouthpiece for writers
He generally was portrayed as, while perhaps morally right, sanctimonious and overbearing. Look at Snowbirds Don't Fly. He is not the hero of that piece.
>>
>>84572631
That may be true, but no one in the circles I run with has heard of him. It's nice to know he'll be remembered, at least.
>>
Jeph Loeb was shit long before his son died and the only worthwhile thing he's written is Fallen Son, which is also genuinely great.

>>84569827
>Captain America: Civil War was highly enjoyable.
Is this an unpopular opinion already?
>>
>>84572723
>Is this an unpopular opinion already?
Probably, there's a lot of contrarians on /co/.
>>
Jack Kirby isn't then end-all-be-all of comics and a significant portion of his modern fanbase is the equivalent to classic rock fans in music.

I wish GL did legitimately replace WW in terms of importance in the DCU, or at least the trinity ended up having four members.

Messiah Complex is the best X-men crossover, period.

I have mixed feelings about Chris Bachalo. He has terrible amounts of same face and his art isn't particularly great to look at, but it's beautifully fluid.

>>84571027
>but he's also a beta cuck.
explanation?
>>
>>84572780
he married his earth 11 counterpart
>>
>>84572574
>>Joss Whedon is a hack and a one trick pony
I've only read Astonishing X-men and watched Avengers and AoU but they seemed fairly different.
>>
>>84572808
How does that make him a beta cuck?
>>
>>84568920

It really makes you think.
>>
File: frankcries.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
frankcries.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>>84568145
>Xavier did nothing wrong.
Why must you meme this way?
>>
>>84572811
I've seen Buffy, Dr. Horrible, Cabin in the Woods, and a lot of his Marvel stuff. He has a VERY distinctive style with characters, like he only really knows how to write one character. It's like how Red Hot Chili Peppers pretty much just rewrite the same song over and over.
>>
>>84567836
>>84567941
get a room, gaylords
>>
File: luftrauser man.png (580 KB, 443x527) Image search: [Google]
luftrauser man.png
580 KB, 443x527
Jean and Scott should never be together again, fuck Jean should NEVER come back.
Daredevil is the best Marvel character and is the only decently written religious character.
Plastic Man isn't funny and Animal Man's new series wasn't that bad.
Gambit is an ok character that can be really fun sometimes. Even great.
Fantomex is terrible and not fun. Dumbest Mutant ever.
SuperMan is cool in an environment without other superheroes.
Most Indie Comics are really Shitty.
Morrison is great, Miller is trash.
>>
>>84567870
if you know its bait them use common fucking sense and just ignore, if people are going to be morons them let them be, its their fault not yours
>>
>>84572574
But he is, this is not an unpopular opinion, it's a fact, it's just that people took long to notice
Even tumblr hates him now
>>
>>84572574
>>Green Arrow in the 70's was the worst mouthpiece for writers
>>Judge Dredd is the best comic outside of Marvel and DC
I agree but what about Hellboy, that shit is DANK.
>>
File: 3779149-no-you-move-cap-says.jpg (127 KB, 1152x814) Image search: [Google]
3779149-no-you-move-cap-says.jpg
127 KB, 1152x814
>>84567677
I've been here for over a decade and I want /pol/ to leave, even though it's fairly clear I'm the outcast.

I remember when this place was all about freedom and no one cared who the fuck you were or what you believed or who you wanted to fuck.

I remember when people would dox and harass people for being obnoxious shitposting racist tripfags.

I remember when conservative Christian homophobia was anathema to the views of this community. I remember a time when I was not one of the oldest oldfags still around.

I want my 4chan back.
>>
File: Erod.jpg (6 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Erod.jpg
6 KB, 480x360
>>84573289
>Even tumblr hates him now
What about this guy?
>>
>>84572780
>but he's also a beta cuck.
>explanation?

http://comicsalliance.com/grant-morrison-sexism-death-comics/

He was already bitching about muh soggy kness and sexism on comics for a long time now

There is other stances when he talks about gender and race that shows he's pretty much a less flamboyant/obnoxious tumblr SJW
>>
I'm not a nazi.
>>
>>84572180
I agree, actually
>>
>>84573386
Is the unpopular view not being a Nazi, or is the unpopular view 'I am not a Nazi'?
>>
While good, Rick and Morty is kind of over rated. The first season certainly shows potential but has some major parts that seem clunky or just downright cringy. The first 4 episodes of season 2 are really the only ones that live up to the hype.
>>
>>84573478
Here's an unpopular opinion for you, most everything is like that.
>>
File: better than cerebus.jpg (165 KB, 955x1520) Image search: [Google]
better than cerebus.jpg
165 KB, 955x1520
>>84567677
The only good cape comics are ASBAR and TDKSA.
>>
>>84568535

Morrison worship is popular on /co/, but very few Morrison fans wuld call Flex Mentallo the greatest comic ever

Relax son
>>
>>84573538
>ASBAR and TDKSA.
huh What
>>
>>84573538
>I'm done talking
>Get out of my cave
Sounds like something an average /co/ user would say to their mother.
>>
>>84567677
Comics as a medium are pretty shit in the west and only a small hand full have been doing anything worth reading over the last few years.
>>
I'm a little pissed that ATHF had to end, but Squidbillies is still going.
>>
>>84573768
I agree with you but that opinion had no need for a trip to be attached to it.

That ISN'T an unpopular opinion, by the way.
>>
>>84573570
All Star Batman and Robin The Boy Wonder and The Dark Knight Strikes Again
>>
This is the worst Captain America quote. What Cap says here can justify pretty much anyone's bullshit, no matter how horrible or noble the intentions.
>>
Diabolik is a pulp fiction masterpiece.

Dylan Dog is a better supernatural comic than Hellboy or the rest of Mignolaverse for that matter.

Original Moon Knight run > Frank Miller's Daredevil, but only marginally.

Steve Gerber's Howard the Duck is at least on par with Cerebus.

Morrison is an overrated mediocrity who mistakes overcomplicating things for depth and keeps trying to write emotional scenes despite being extremely incompetent at it.
>>
Teen Titans Go! > Teen Titans

TT has the best Starfire.

TTG has the best Raven.
>>
>>84570290
>I actually unironically liked The Ripping Friends
That's an unpopular opinion on here? I thought that shit was great, way better than Ren and Stimpy and any other John K work I have seen.
>>
Zorro > Batman.
>>
There's no sacred cows. I don't care what you do to any existing character in any comic. I don't care if you make Ironman a black one legged lesbian, write compelling stories with interesting characters.

Writers and artists should be hired to do complete runs, art and writing style changes mid run is the fucking worst.

Anyone who still has a pull list is an idiot.

Comics should completely convert to trades. I realize that this makes major events and crossovers more difficult but those are generally garbage.

Trying to maintain a mainline continuity is fucking retarded.
>>
>>84574410
Dylan Dog movie, not that bad
>>
>>84572808
...you wouldn't?
>>
>>84573324
Blame their counterparts for summoning them. They both need to leave
>>
>>84575115
This is supposed to be unpopular opinions, anon, not good ones
>>
>>84567677
Bendis is a pretty good writer.
>>
the simpsons was never good and has always been family guy shit-tier "humor" for edgy kiddos to relate to
>>
Horror needs to die. It's the most pointless genre to ever exist.
Horror comics are not scary, horror cartoons are not scary, horror movies are not scary, horror literature is not scary, horror games are not even slightly scary, etc.

It's the worst genre because even crummy teen romance books deliver on their promises. Horror is a failure of a genre.
>>
>>84575951
>horror has to be scary
Are you 12?
>>
>>84575980
You have to be to enjoy horror garbage.
>>
>>84569827
>Captain America: Civil War was highly enjoyable. Probably the third best film I've seen this year so far.

What were the other two? (Whether they are comic/cartoon related or not)
>>
>>84575115
>Comics should completely convert to trades.

Obviously, this isn't actually an unpopular opinion on /co/, but I heavily disagree with it.

As we see time and time again, just because you give more freedom to creators doesn't mean they'll make anything worth reading (e.g. the entire state of creator-owned comics).
>>
>>84575980
So, what makes your shitty predictable boring genre good, then, you faggot?
>>
>>84567677
Reddit is actually a decent website that makes it easy to find shit you like. As long as you just stick to the small communities that haven't been hit with a heavy dose of cancer it's all right.
>>
>>84575438
Narcisism isn't good. You have to meet someone who isn't just a ball of lust and likes. You need someone who can respect and love you in both the charismatic sense and the erotic. A companion who balances the humors is always good.

I've been unhappy for a long time. I need to be happy by myself before I look for someone else. It's not that I'm troubled, but that I don't know how to be happy.
>>
>>84573361
Well it is generally agreed that Sue Dibny's rape was idiotic and Moore's obsession with rape is almost a running joke.
>>
>>84576044
>As we see time and time again, just because you give more freedom to creators doesn't mean they'll make anything worth reading (e.g. the entire state of creator-owned comics).

You're not wrong. But at the same time the current lack of creative freedom their given gets us a river of effluence.
>>
>>84576195
>Narcisism isn't good.
Not them, but why? The only women who are even remotely intelligent and worth a damn always resemble me anyway. Not that they all aren't inferior to me, but that's expected from an inferior gender.

>You have to meet someone who isn't just a ball of lust and likes.
So, a man? Because women certainly don't have anything interesting to say.
>>
>>84568660
thats a parrot you dumbo
>>
>>84576301
0/10. Nothing original.
>>
>>84576367
I'm not trolling mate.
Alright, maybe I am somewhat narcissistic. Maybe that's why the only woman I ever revered and believed to be smart was pretty much me but with a better personality. I just don't understand why going after someone who's not like you is a good idea.
>>
>>84576397
0/10.
>I'm not trolling
>>
>>84576195
>tfw girlfriend is the rule63 version of myself with her personality
It just ended up like that
>>
Black people are inherently not interesting characters.
>inb4 /pol/
>>
>>84576527
You're too used to tokens like most of /co/
>>
All capsing my opinions because it will make them more unpopular.

>DANIEL WAY IS ONE OF MY TOP 3 WRITERS
>DARK WOLVERINE/DAKEN IS THE BEST SERIES I HAVE EVER READ. ALSO ONE OF THE MOST DIVERSE COMPLEX ORIGINAL CHARACTERS OF THE MODERN AGE
>WAYPOOL IS HILARIOUS AND I REREAD IT OFTEN
>MARVEL HAS COMPLETELY ERODED THE TRUST OF THEIR READERBASE BY CONSTANTLY RELAUNCHING TITLES, GENDER AND RACESWAPING WELL KNOWN CHARACTERS AND CREATING SWEEPING EVENTS EVERY TWO SECONDS
>TIM DRAKE SHOULD GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL RED ROBIN COSTUME WITH THE CONDOM HOOD AND POLE
>THE FIRST 6 ISSUES OF NEW 52 JUSTICE LEAGUE WAS ABSOLUTE PERFECTION BUT THEN SPIRALLED INTO SOME SHITTY SOAP OPERA BECAUSE GEOFF JOHNS WOULD RATHER CREATE FAUX CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT THAN WRITE A BOOK ABOUT THE MOST POWERFUL BEINGS IN THE UNIVERSE WORKING TOGETHER TO KICK THE SHIT OUT OF BAD GUYS
>NOT /CO/ RELATED BUT IN MOST CASES BEING TRANSGENDER SHOULD BE CONSIDERED A MENTAL ILLNESS
>>
The clone saga sucked and reminded me why I stopped reading Spider-Man in the first place.
>>
>>84576527
eh
its all about character arcs
>>
Toy story 2 sucked all I remember from it that soppy song ,ts3 was unpleasant, only first one was good
>>
Not /co/, but
The Shining is just awful and its only redeeming qualities are camerawork, visuals and maybe music and the latter two are inferior to Suspiria anyway. The writing is juvenile, atmosphere and tension are laughable and the characters are bad, but what can you expect from an adaptation of King's novel.
>>
File: 1460018958273.jpg (4 KB, 210x194) Image search: [Google]
1460018958273.jpg
4 KB, 210x194
>>84568908
>alt-right
>popular here
kek
You are being brainwashed.

t. my unpopular opinion.
>>
File: nice.jpg (65 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
nice.jpg
65 KB, 600x401
>>84567677
>Final Crisis was just ok
>Moon Knight is better than Batman
>I don't mind Bendis' simplistic writing
>I liked skinny Lobo
>>
>>84576862
I was under the impression.it's Tumblr and /pol/ fighting with a third group trying to retain their sanity
>>
>>84573324
>I want my 4chan back.
and you can have it, its called reddit now fuck off
>>
Kamala won't last
>>
Ultimatum wasn't bad. Just simple & generic. Nothing wrong with horror being thrown in.
Ultimates 3 wasn't bad. Art didn't fit with what had cone before but was still good art & coloring.
>>
Any romance in a comic and cartoon would be infinitely better if both characters were cute boys.
>>
>>84576599
>>MARVEL HAS COMPLETELY ERODED THE TRUST OF THEIR READERBASE BY CONSTANTLY RELAUNCHING TITLES, GENDER AND RACESWAPING WELL KNOWN CHARACTERS AND CREATING SWEEPING EVENTS EVERY TWO SECONDS
That is almost universally agreed upon to be true.
>>
Marvel's Ares >>>>>>>>>>>>> Hercules
>>
File: Yatjhct.jpg (40 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
Yatjhct.jpg
40 KB, 375x375
>>84576599
>>NOT /CO/ RELATED BUT IN MOST CASES BEING TRANSGENDER SHOULD BE CONSIDERED A MENTAL ILLNESS

Kek'd hard, I wasn't expecting that. You're alright anon, you're alright
>>
>The Lizard is Spider-Man's best villain.

>Spider-Man TAS is the best 90s Superhero cartoon after Batman TAS.
>>
>>84577901
It depends on whoever her next writer is and if they finally get around to giving her a rogues gallery

>>84577944
Not really, there's still a decent sized, or just vocal, part of /co/ that thinks Marvel is doing just fine and the seasonal model they adopted is the best thing.
>>
>>84567677
Marvel movies have no tension and that's why they're popular.
DC movies have terrible people in charge that don't understand the characters involved.

The Dark Knight movies have absolutely atrocious extras.
>>
>>84577914
>everything about that post
>horror
This is a thread for unpopular opinions, not genuinely horrible taste.
>>
>>84578086
Cannibalism is horror.
>>
>>84568920
>>84568952
This is why we need /tvg/
>>
>>84578069
>DC movies have terrible people in charge that don't understand the characters involved.
Unless they understand the main versions perfectly and just want to do realistic darker versions of them because we got 5 movies of a campy & silly to the point of parody incarnation of Superman. 2 of which were goodish, 1 was OK and 2 are some of the worst movies ever made.
>>
>>84578102
It was about as much "horror" as Bomb Queen. The same quality of writing too.
>>
>>84578139
They still aren't getting it right then
>>
>>84567677
Star vs the Forces of Evil is the best modern cartoon. Better than Steven Universe, better than reddit time, regular show, gravity falls, and everything else.
>>
Race bending is fucking stupid 99% of the time, but as an idea it is not bad. However, Marvel has literally not even one time done a good job. Same goes for gender changes
COUGH COUGH THOR
>>
>>84567750
I think they are more like GoT threads my amigo.
>>
>>84567870
only way to beat a shitposter is to hijack the thread and turn it into something fun like "dubs get's x"
>>
File: 1358141268344.png (885 KB, 1165x889) Image search: [Google]
1358141268344.png
885 KB, 1165x889
>>84567677
Adventure Time is still good, just in a different way than it use to be.
>>
>>84576599
but what about traps?
>>
>>84568149
>the SW prequels are as good as the OT
Please fucking kill yourself. You're wasting the oxygen that could be used by people who have working brains.
>>
>>84567677

I hate Matt Fraction's work.
>>
>>84570203
>David Hopkins' Jack isn't a bad webcomic

Recognize!

Also he has started publishing again.
>>
File: message from the skull copy.jpg (394 KB, 918x694) Image search: [Google]
message from the skull copy.jpg
394 KB, 918x694
>>84574185

Q.E.D.
>>
>>84570203
That's awful criteria.
>>
File: no you move.png (890 KB, 1051x1046) Image search: [Google]
no you move.png
890 KB, 1051x1046
>>84574185
>>
I think the Peanuts was a better comic than Calvin and Hobbes.
>>
>>84579238

*Those are
>>
>>84567677
Achewood is shit.
>>
>>84568149
>the SW prequels are as good as the OT and TFA is indescribably awful

That is not just unpopular, it's gibberish. Rank insanity.
>>
>>84570196
I feel absolutely the opposite. I can't stand Gaiman's prose and despised Good Omens... I'm pretty sure that view really is an unpopular opinion.
>>
>Superheroes are the worst genre and the only reason I put up with them is because I find the worlds and multiverses of the Big 2 to be interesting. I prefer strange adventures over superheroics by themselves.
>DC Rebirth likely damaged more then it fixed but time will tell.
>I'm not even 20 and I think Crisis on Infinite Earths was a mistake. The only nice thing is getting the JLA and JSA on the same Earth along with a few others but tearing down the multiverses was the worst idea.
>Most indie books are trash, only a handful are as great as people make them out to be
>Both the Inhumans and the X-Men are cancer. The X-Men have lost their purpose back in the 80s in regards to its themes.
>Not an unpopular opinion as I've never heard someone voice it but Valiant fans are even worse then Marvel fans and I always get the impression they're superhero fans that somehow are too stupid to understand Big 2 garbage. Mostly in how they pitch it to others or bring up "rebooting" when the universe has had more incantations then even DC from a technical standpoint.
>>
Feminism has had no positive effect on comics
>>
>>84579311
I'm inclined to agree, but only because I just didn't "get" some of the strips.
>>
>>84579488
Even back in the Golden and Bronze age? The comics back then were really bad to the point of almost being like now in the case of Bronze but the after effects in later decades were fine. Just gotta wait through the stupid.
>>
>>84567677
I fucking hate Miles Morales
He's inferior to Ultimate Peter Parker.
>>
>>84567677
Go away imgur.
>>
>>84578880

They should be killed. Same for anyone who likes them.
>>
>>84576041
Sorry about the late post, but my favorites have been 10 Cloverfield Lane and Green Room.
>>
>>84575438
i personally wouldnt but im not all that pretty.
>>
>>84580300
What if it's just personality?
>>
>>84567677
Comics shouldn't be dialogue driven.
>>
>CROSSED IS ONE OF THE BEST HORROR ONGOINGS IN THE LAST DECADE
>>
>>84572140
>adventure time should have end in the 6 season
pretty sure this was sch a popular opinion that a Brazilian adventure time forum died because of this.
>>
>>84575951
I blame the comforts of technology for killing horror. why should i be scared of the dark if i can shine a light on it.
>>84575943
>edgy
is saying darn edgy in your book because Simpsons is so mild that it's insulting to call it an adult cartoon.

my turn anyways:
>/his/ and /qst/ are good boards
>the /pol/ and tumblr wars are fun to watch and help reassure that /co/ isn't a hivemind
>"if you don't like X so much then why don't you make a better X then!" is a god-tier rebuttal to criticism.
>>
>>84580598
We're actually two, maybe three, hiveminds instead!
>>
>>84580598
It was edgy for its time, but it hasn't been for a while.
>>84575951
What about Lovecraftian horror?
Also, not lovecraftian, but SOMA was fucking scary.
>>
File: Cnfd9ZmVIAAaMsa.jpg (100 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
Cnfd9ZmVIAAaMsa.jpg
100 KB, 900x1200
>>84568660
That's a step too far, motherfucker.
>>
S3 of Avatar is as bad as Korra, all Marvel movies suck and Nolan's movies were much better, most comics are awful, even non-capeshit, and there is much more good manga out there, SW goes like this: 4 > 2 > 3 > shit > 5 > 6 > 1 > death > 7, AT is and has been the best show on air since it started with the exception of that one week when OTGW aired, Ratatouille is the only good Pixar movie, Disney hasn't made a good movie since The Jungle Book, the Madagascar movies are actually good and better than Kung Fu Panda or HtTYD, Nickelodeon's best period was 1999-2006, all current CN shows are watchable except Uncle Grandpa.
>>
>>84580151
Ill throw in my unpopular opinion, I think 10 Cloverfield Lane was overrated
>>
File: 09u0hh90.jpg (62 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
09u0hh90.jpg
62 KB, 400x300
>>84572927
It seems that you think I don't fight on the righteous side of good my nameless dude.
But in this spiked fishbowl we call life, I can forgive your laps of undiscerning my disposition.
>>
>>84570349
The point is that no matter what opinion you express, some anon will overreact and hate it.
No discussion, no mutual understanding of differing opinions, nor tolerance of same.
This IS 4chan after all.

I'm not saying sensible discussions can't happen, because they do, all the time. There's just a core of perma-angry kids around.
>>
File: 1468612608944.jpg (46 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1468612608944.jpg
46 KB, 512x384
>>84567677
Rugrats All Grown Up wasn't as bad as /co/ makes it out to be. Is it a good show? Not really. Is it a bad show? No.

Arguably, it probably was one of the better cartoons that played during that period.
>>
File: 1468210718934.png (424 KB, 632x619) Image search: [Google]
1468210718934.png
424 KB, 632x619
>>84578220
I like the show, but this is a stretch. I think the show has the most potential (especially considering how GF really bungled its second half of season 2), as of right now, but needs to at least a little more fleshing out to do before I'd give it that title.
>>
File: 1464796256322.jpg (8 KB, 232x197) Image search: [Google]
1464796256322.jpg
8 KB, 232x197
>>84567677
I Confess.. i hate when you 9gaggers come here.
>>
>>84569440
2/3 of this is gold
Last part is unnecessarily critically retarded
>>
>>84580961
No!
Puffins can suck my dick!
>>
>>84567677

I only watched WoY for Lord Dominator.
>>
>>84576527
That's completely /pol/. There's literally no reason that this could make sense as a concept outside of /pol/.
>>
Flex Mentallo it's one of MORRISON BEST WORKS but not the best.
>>
Reading Pug Davis makes me realize how squandered Sugar's potential really is.
>>
>>84578787
No you find his house and kill his neighbor leaving his name written in blood on the wall.
>>
I don't really like Star vs. the Forces of Evil, but I feel like I can't enjoy it because I remember the thread where a storyboard for one of the episodes got posted on /co/ a year (or two?) before it actually premiered. Ever since then I think I set my expectations too high.

I wish more cartoons took time to make their own background music instead of either public domain classical music or ukelele shit

I think the Peanuts' Movie ending was perfect despite it not following the "Charlie Brown loses but he learns something much better in the end" status quo. I also liked the Little Red Haired Girl being his summer penpal.

Children's books have some pretty underrated illustrators.

I understand some people who want comics/cartoons to become as "deep" and "intellectual" as films and movies but a lot of times when they complain about that they just come off as insecure about liking the medium. Doubly so if they have to mention manga.

Webcomics are my favorite medium related to /co/ and I genuinely like when /co/ has "webcomics you remember/like" threads over "webcomics you hate" threads cause of how many different ones out there I remember reading. It especially kills me that there's so many shitty ones but some stupid part of me still keeps hope in the "industry"

I don't know if it's a unpopular opinion but I find David Willis and Jeff Jacques comics to be hated way more than they need to be. Don't get me wrong they're both insufferable creators who have shit comics but their comics are more like piles of dogshit that can be easily sidestepped and you can go on with your day. I understand that there are some disgruntled former fans that are only there for the hate but it's much better to just move on continue reading it and hating it. It's not like they're school textbooks.

But I guess that's a symptom of the board in general, too many people trying to tear things down and shit on things rather than trying to talk about the things they like.
>>
>Jason is my favorite Robin
>Joker being alive is the failing of a very large number of people and organizations, not just batman
>Thor is boring as shit and everything he touches is made more boring by association
>Ed Edd and Eddy was okay. I mean it certainly wans't bad but I never really felt like it was the second coming of christ like everyone else seems to.
>Those stupid moments in every super hero movie where the hero is trying to figure out how their powers work? I fucking live for those and wish they were longer or more detailed
>>
Western animation in general is garbage and there hasn't been a good American cartoon in a decade.
>>
File: CW8whJg.png (250 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
CW8whJg.png
250 KB, 500x375
I fucking hate Harley Quinn. She's a literal Mary Sue, and if she were a fan-made character everyone would be laughing at how terrible she is. TEEHEE I'M A PRETTY SCIENTIST BUT JOKER DROVE ME MAD AND NOW I'M LIKE HIS GIRLFRIEND AND HE TOLERATES ME EVEN THOUGH HE'S A SOCIOPATH LOL LOL I'M SOOOOO RANDUM XD XD XD But no, everyone thinks she's fan-fucking-tastic.

I feel like I'm the one person who knows that Boo is a chicken.
>>
>>84587592
That's nonsense, Boo is one of the greatest men I had the fortune of meeting.
Don't think I am going to sit idly by while you slander the name of a great patriot!
>>
The Loud House = cartoon kino
Star vs the Forces of Evil = cartoon film
Adventure Time = cartoon movie
Steven Universe = a cartoon Spike Lee joint
>>
There are not enough manly guys in cartoons now and every time we do get one fujoshits always turn it into some sort of gay thing.

And why can't we ever have a fandom where everything isn't gay all the time and we actually have some straight characters being straight instead of being bastardized into some gay character. I want handsome and strong guys to be fucking cute and beautiful women.
>>
>>84587592
You're not alone I don't think. I feel much the same way about her. Then again I also really dislike the Joker so I might be an odd duck here.
>>
Comics and cartoons should have separate boards. They do not share enough of a sphere to warrant the same board and cartoons bring in way too many pedophiles and furries.
>>
>>84567677
steven universe writing is worse than fanfiction

we bear bears is the current best show on cartoon network followed closely by clarence

spongebob was never good

samurai jack was good but one of the worst works of genndy tartakovsky when you compare it to star wars and symbionic titan

kids next door was great but the finale (operation zero?) was complete trash because of the rushed pacing and the unsatisfying ending

fosters home was aired over 10 years ago and still the only thing that even comes close to its animation is another show by craig mccracken, wander over yonder

speaking of wander over yonder, you motherfuckers are going to look back on that a couple years from now and wonder why it went under, but just remember that its your fault for not watching it

gravity falls was good but a lot of the writing was cringey and it will not age well because of how hard it tried to pander to a modern demographic. i recommend not looking back on that show any later than 10 years from now because it will tamper with your memories

adventure time is garbage. it was funny garbage at first, but now it's just fakedeep, 10th grade english class garbage, wtf nintendo end this shit

and last but not least, family guy is still funny
>>
>>84587991
Why are you complaining about pedophiles in 4chan? Why are you here anyway, normalfag?
>>
>>84581554
I got that, I just thought it was funny all the opinions you used as examples could be held by on person.
>>
>>84587991
as a person here for the cartoon aspect, i agree. comic books are generally liked by people who have a passion for art, and a lot of them aren't even directed towards children. cartoons are just for manchildren
>>
>>84567677
I actually love all of Homestuck, including its "open for interpretation" ending. And I love how many intresting theories it spawned
>>
>>84567677
Angela Anaconda is a creative and funny show.
>>
>>84581554
>This IS 4chan after all.
cringe
listen
listen guy
you want to know why people are so mean to you on 4chan?
its because they can be
everywhere else on the internet, nobody wants to be mean to an autismo like you because it will stick to their name and garner them a negative reputation
the reason people aren't nice to you on 4chan isn't because people on 4chan aren't nice (can't believe i have to say that) but because you have an unappealing personality and they have no reason not to shit on you for it
>>
>>84568874
>I describe anything I don't like as a fascist dictatorship
>>
>>84588247
I disagree on on FG and Spongebob, otherwise, hot damn nigga, You are based as fuck
>>
>>84576527
That's not even /pol/. That's just flat out racist and utterly wrong. It doesn't matter what a character's race is. It matters how much effort is put into their story.
>>
I don't like Zootopia
>>
I don't like Joker at all. It's not even that I hate him because he's an archenemy who appears too much, because I love Lex Luthor and Sinestro.

I actually like that Venditti was trying to get away from the emotional spectrum, and back to more general cosmic stories and classic supervillains. The execution was just very poor (killing all the blues was cruel).

Green Lantern and Captain Marvel have the two most underrated rogues' galleries of any hero. I want a Goldface/Captain Nazi teamup.

Ewing's New Avengers is exactly how I wish the JL comic was. So basically Morrison's JLA, but a bit less high-concept, and a bit more fun.

L.E.G.I.O.N. is the greatest cosmic comic either of the Big 2 has ever produced.

David Boring > Ghost World

Jimmy Corrigan > Everything Clowes has created

Top 10 is the best thing Moore has ever ceated; I wish he would write more truly fun stuff.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.