[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thor Ragnarok director Taika Waititi talks Thor Ragnarok
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: onset for Thor Ragnarok.jpg (216 KB, 871x447) Image search: [Google]
onset for Thor Ragnarok.jpg
216 KB, 871x447
About diversity:
>"Right from the start we wanted to diversify the cast, and it is hard when you are working with Vikings. You want to be more inclusive and provide a broader representation. And at that point, you have to look at the source material as a very loose inspiration. And then take it from there and go with your gut. Say, ‘You know what? None of that stuff matters. Just because the character was blonde and white in the comic book. That doesn’t matter. That’s not what Valkyrie is about.’ People forget that."
About adhering to the source material:
>“Die-hard fans will say, ‘That’s not really authentic to the comics,’ but as soon as they watch the movie, and they’re involved in the story, and actually what’s happening, everybody forgets. The fact that we even have to keep having this conversation is ridiculous, because we keep forgetting. Unless it’s the topic of the film, it just shouldn’t even be — what do we even care?”
About Marvel Studios:
>“I think that the reputation of Marvel is very high. The things that they do is very high quality and they tell good stories. That’s the main thing. That’s why I got involved with them as well. At the heart of it they want to tell good stories, and that’s what I’m about as well. I’m not about explosions and the like. I like that stuff. I think it’s fun to do, but it’s not why I became a filmmaker. The thing I love is character and story.”
About production:
>"It’s hard to say what the movie is because it’s changing. The plot has changed and the script has changed. There are buddy elements to it between Thor and the Hulk, but who knows what the final movie will look like.”

>“I think this is the most different Marvel movie to date and one of the biggest.”

holy shit
>>
File: 1468344973308.jpg (180 KB, 532x783) Image search: [Google]
1468344973308.jpg
180 KB, 532x783
Easiest drop I ever dropped.
>>
File: wrestling.gif (593 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
wrestling.gif
593 KB, 250x188
>>84560358
Okay.
>>
>>84560358
Did Waititi actually read Thor comics (especially the older ones)?
>>
>>84560358
>“I think this is the most different Marvel movie to date and one of the biggest.”

i mean, they say this about EVERY solo movie that comes out now
>>
>>84560358
>And at that point, you have to look at the source material as a very loose inspiration

And I'm out.
>>
>>84560358
>Right from the start we wanted to diversify the cast
Sweet Christmas. I wonder how bad this movie is going to be. Fuck, 3 movies in and not a single decent one of the lot.
>>
>>84560358
>I think this is the most different Marvel movie to date
it'll be a comedy with a couple of action scenes... completely different
>>
>>84560358
Why is it that white people get so scared of colored people getting even minor roles in movies?

Ever heard the saying; 'when you're privileged equality feels like oppression?'

I know this will most likely fall on deaf ears, but perhaps not all of you are without empathy.
>>
>>84560556
so white black panther when?
>>
>>84560556
>colored people
it's people of color you fucking racist
>>
>>84560556
Ever hear the ancient Chinese saying fuck off nigger?
>>
>Remaining true to the source material is not important, who cares about bringing to life beloved characters as they were intended for the last 5 decades. Norse mythology is also not important because it is not my culture.

>The melanin content of my actors is important to the story, the higher the better because....
>>
>>84560556
you tried, anon
>>
>>84560592
That's just as racist.
>>
>>84560574
Sure, if white were a magnilised group it would be the same. It just isn't the case, pretty much everywhere, so nice try, but there's an undenaible diffrence when dealing with people.
>>
>>84560358
So even a Director doesn't know how the movie will look like.
Isn't it his fucking job?
>>
>>84560358
Oh no the poor whites got a minor role taken from them in order to give people of color something.

The horror!
>>
>>84560621
>its only ok when we makes them black

Fuck off
>>
>>84560592
What's the fucking difference?
>>
>>84560678
Anon, don't you see? With that minor role gone, it's now a ratio of 98:2 white:black characters instead of 99:1!

WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE POOR OPPRESSED WHITES?
>>
>>84560694
Great counter-point, but let's be real here for a second black people have been oppressed throughout human history, why is it soooo bad that they get thrown a bone now?

Even now in America blacks suffer from institutionalized racism and racist police forces. In Europe it isn't much better with regards to their unfair treatment and views on muslims which is mostly brown to black.
>>
>>84560703
ugh it's not my job to educate you
>>
>>84560358
H-how did Spidey do that?
>>
>>84560815
unstable molecules
>>
>>84560643
Not at Marvel.
>>
>>84560767
It is just fucking ephemeral super hero garbage. Whatever 'side' of this argument you're on you're an oversensitive jerkoff for even thinking it merits discussion.
It does't matter what color Hiemdel is when he is at the bottom of the walmart dvd bargin bin.
It doesn'tmatter; you don't matter. If you want to matter, go fucking do something with you life.
>>
White tears quench my thirst.

These are the same people who spam "it's always black guys and white girl" but won't let Thor and Flash fuck some chocolate
>>
>>84561096
What
Thor + Storm always made more sense than her and BP
>>
>>84560556
I think given the context of Marvel comics replacing several major heroes with minorities as a direct response to a generation becoming more socially aware (which is something media has done for years with mixed results) has generated a lot of cynicism. Replacing characters is a really lazy way of adding diversity to something. Having more films directed by non-white directors and films with non-white leads would be more of a step forward than just adding a token black person here and there.

And the concept of privilege is meant to be a sociological exercise, not a means by which to guilt people into your way of thinking. That's why most people reject it, because it's a generalization that explains the benefits of a group whilst ignoring the individual. Being white might give you AN advantage, but if you grew up poor or have a disability or mental condition, you're not gonna be more privileged than a black person who lives in a rich neighborhood and is completely able bodied and of sound mind.
>>
As a man of distinguished blackness, I find race bending really patronizing. We'll never get a static shock movie, or even modern static comics, but we'll get lazy race bent legacy characters. Maybe it's because White SJWs like Bendis are the ones with the high profile writing gigs. Maybe there is something to bringing on more black creators. McDuffie didn't take an existing white hero and make him black, he created his own original character and people loved it.

Maybe if Marvel brought on Wimberly or Lesean Thomas, they could give them a chance to create an original property. Felipe Smith got to create a different ghost rider, and it was really good. Still a legacy, but with a different spin on it. Secret wars fucked it up though.
>>
>>84561096
> I enjoy comics for their race baiting potential. Lol. I am white.
>>
>>84561096
Valkyrie fucking Thor is more out of character than making her black.
>>
>Indie director.
>He is progressive
WHAT A SHOCK!
>>
>>84560556
Probably because if the situation was reversed people would be shitting their pants.
>>
File: Felix had enough of this world.gif (982 KB, 374x210) Image search: [Google]
Felix had enough of this world.gif
982 KB, 374x210
>>84560358
>All this /pol/ in this thread
>>
>>84560767
>Even now in America blacks suffer from institutionalized racism and racist police forces
Blacks are more likely to be the victims of police violence because they're responsible for a large amount of this nation's crime which is the result of two factors: poverty in the black community, and a severe lack of two parent homes. The first can be remedied by financial reform (i.e. things like an increase in the minimum wage) and the later has to be fixed by the black community itself embracing the idea of family more. It should be noted that the Latino community has similar problems as far as poverty goes, but they commit far fewer crimes do mostly to their culture's emphasis on family and togetherness which creates a greater likelihood of Latino children growing up with positive role models and influences.
This isn't to say that racism and a lack of accountability aren't problems in the police (particularly in the U.S.), but you can't write it all off as racism given the crime problem in the black community itself.
>>
>>84561154
You literally don't understand the concept of white privilege. White people have puldendered and deflowered Africa from her resources and thereby directly benefit regardless of their position of their respective society, Europe or America.White people in other countries perhaps not, but their ancestors certainly had it which gave them certain advantages.
>>
>>84561243
You say that as if people aren't shitting their pants already.
>>
>>84561243

Rather than reverse it or even have it at all, it would be better to bring in gods from other pantheons. Shango, the African thunder god, looks fucking badass. Or Takemikazuchi from japan, the god of lightning and swords. Thor comics should take a page out of Gaimans play book and introduce other pantheons. Sure beats race bending
>>
>>84561243
Don't remember the outcry when Gods of Egypt did it, besides blacks are a minority to the social effects are different.
>>
>>84561377
>Don't remember the outcry when Gods of Egypt did it
then you weren't paying attention
>>
>>84561321
>Blacks are more likely to be the victims of police violence because they're responsible for a large amount of this nation's crime which is the result of two factors: poverty in the black community, and a severe lack of two parent homes

Which is the result of racism and Jim Crow laws. White people need to realise this and take responsibility. Giving black people a voice is a good way in my opinion.
>>
>>84561329
How is a white peasent family that's been in and out of the poor house and jail since the beginning of British society benefited by and responsible for the colonization of Africa? Were the German Jews responsible for the Nazis because they simply lived in Germany?

Its so funny that the apparently non-racist way to view the world is to say
>Whites=Big Meanies
>Blacks=Poor Victims
with no exceptions.
>>
>>84561377
Egyptians were not black, barring a single dynasty that only briefly ruled. They were Arabic looking, by and large.
And I remember hearing about almost nothing else about that movie BESIDES the white washing. Every sjw and media pundit was clutching their pearls.
>>
>>84561182
This guy gets it.

People aren't mad because there are black people or other minorities, they're mad because the writers and directors are being lazy with their implementation.

Rather than bring on and introduce minority heroes such as Luke Cage, it's a lot easier to just change a gender or race.

I'm hopeful that people on both sides understand this.
>>
>>84560767
There is a common factor in all of this.
Fucking black people are no poor oppressed martyrs.
Just the amount of crime they commit should be a reason to tell them to fuck off. I'm not gonna feel any sympathy for any black because they are "victims"
Look at fucking Detroit.
>>
>>84561321
Crime statistics are fucked because of the imbalance in drug laws.

And its pretty much an open secret that the 'drug crackdown' in the 80s was just a way to put niggas in jail. Which basically fucks up generations down the line.
>>
>>84561390
People complained, but it was negligible.
>>
File: 1468608063566.png (1 MB, 1267x659) Image search: [Google]
1468608063566.png
1 MB, 1267x659
>>84561321
nice try racist
>>
>>84561409
How do those things prevent fathers from not running off from their families?
>>
>>84561409
Yes the best way to solve black shootings is to give blacks roles in Hollywood movies.

Excellent bait.
>>
>>84560358
is it the famous "marvel movies care about the source material" meme?
>>
>>84560556
Vikings are white, always were.
>>
>>84561329
That's white people as a whole. What you're talking about explains the benefits of a group and the increased likelihood that individuals in that group will have an advantage, but being white in and of itself doesn't guarantee any success whatsoever just like being black doesn't mean you're automatically disadvantaged, you're just more likely to have grown up poor and without a father.
>>
>>84561466
Being black doesn't make you more likely to commit crimes, that's correct. However, poor people and people without fathers ARE more likely to commit crimes and black people are more likely to have both of those disadvantages.
>>
>>84560358
"Right from the start we wanted to diversify the cast, and it is hard when you are working with Africans. You want to be more inclusive and provide a broader representation. And at that point, you have to look at the source material as a very loose inspiration. And then take it from there and go with your gut. Say, ‘You know what? None of that stuff matters. Just because the character was black in the comic book. That doesn’t matter. That’s not what Black Panther is about.’ People forget that."
>>
>>84561523
I wonder how we can change it? I know! We must force the black fathers to father their children!
>>
>>84561584
Or get the black community to start promoting the idea of two parent homes which would also help with cash flow and the overall quality of life within black homes.
>>
Marvel Studios just can't make an epic Thor fantasy film. They waste their efforts on poltical and ideological matters, while they should try to work with the Thor anad Asgardian mythos. Thor could have the chance to be the LotR of MCU, but it really gets wasted.
>>
>>84561417
A few exception does not disprove the rule. Nice try.
>>
>>84561612
Yup! Who will be the face of this promotion?
>>
>>84561584
Clearly the best answer is to put them in comics books, tv shows and movie adaptations.
>>
>>84560556
>Ever heard the saying; 'when you're privileged equality feels like oppression?'
Yes, so why do niggers bitch when the cast is rightfully all-white?
>>
>>84561418
>Egyptians were not black, barring a single dynasty that only briefly ruled.

Prove it. All I've heard and seen suggest them being black. Are you sure you're not buying into alt-right propaganda?
>>
>>84561632
This nigga gets it
Making more black characters, or raceswapping should lower the crimes, and increase the prosperity and education in black communities
>>
>>84561432
Blacks wouldn't be in that position unless whites put them there, I would even dare to suggest that if Europeans had not interfered in Africa's history then they would thrive as one of the most propsert people in the world.
>>
>>84561501
But were their gods?
>>
>>84561689
Gods created vikings, so yes.
>>
>>84561713
cont.
also, there used to be many gods, and each one of them created their own race of humans. it all ended when one jewish god outkiked them all and became the one and only god for all races
>>
>>84561620
>A few exceptions
Britain has an entrenched and still present class system with a lowerclass that had no say in decisions like colonization.
Australia was basically founded on convicts, as well as dirtpoor diaspora from other countries who were desperate enough to move to the barren desert that was Australia. It also had absolutely no hand in African colonization or slavery.

Once you start piling up 'exceptions' like this, your 'rule' starts falling apart.
>>
I don't care about any of this because I'm a 29 year old adult who's lived through about ten years of superhero movies now.
>>
>>84561620
Whether you want to admit it or not, race is a secondary factor to social and economic disparities. It's a tool used by the wealthy to propigate and encourage derision between poor whites and blacks and other races. The larger problen in the United States and the developed world is a class and economic problem, which many racial tensions are symptomatic of. People with power and money want nothing more than for poor whites and blacks to hate each other.
>>
>>84561750
And they succeeded. Welcome to Planet M.F.
>>
>>84561678
>it's all white people's fault

That's exactly what they say, they did nothing wrong, they shoot their own people because of whites. Without white people, every black man would be a doctor or an engineer.
I'm not saying that racism doesn't exist, I'm just saying that some of them should shut up and assume their own bullshit.

Look at some countries in Africa, after colonials left, what did they do with all the things that were given to them? Nothing. China was more of a shithole than Africa back then and they managed to become a superpower.
Yeah white people did shit, but not all the shit i'm the world. I'm not going to feel sorry for them at all.
>>
>>84560358
>"It’s hard to say what the movie is because it’s changing. The plot has changed and the script has changed. There are buddy elements to it between Thor and the Hulk, but who knows what the final movie will look like.”

Translation: "Feige hasn't decided what kind of movie I want to make yet."
>>
Why is Thor even banging Valkyrie and not the clearly superior Sif?
>>
>>84561750
Its not trendy to say that though, its much easier to play right into the media and big business' hands.
>>
>>84561804
Yup, that's how it looks to, and what i fear most.
>>
File: 1302017257783.jpg (131 KB, 1014x672) Image search: [Google]
1302017257783.jpg
131 KB, 1014x672
>>84561748
>>
>>84561230
>Changing the race of an established character is progressive

They do it for money, not for society,get it in your head,they play with your social awareness for money.
>>
>>84560358
guys im not white, im a fucking colored person, and the fact that they are doing this diversity bullshit and not staying with the source material, its just outrageous, wrong and stupid

making a character black just so you can brag about how much of a good person you are is dumb and retarded, stop this

only an idiot feels proud if a fictional character changes its race, its retarded
>>
>>84561689
By every surviving description we have of them, very yes. The Æsir and Vanir are consistently described as fair-skinned, with straight blonde or red hair, with many of them being described as "shining".

The only character in Norse myth I can think of who might have been suggested to have non-white skin is "Surtr", king of the fire giants, whose name literally means "the black one".
While the Norse did worship a few giants, like Ægir the sea-giant, Surtr wasn't one of them.
>>
>>84561182
Shut up coon, the white men are speaking for you.
>>
>>84560703
people of color identifies them as people who just happen to be a different color. colored people identifies them by their color rather than their humanity
>>
>>84562588
>I changed the words around so it means I'm not racist
Yeah, no.
>>
>>84560358
>About production:
>>"It’s hard to say what the movie is because it’s changing. The plot has changed and the script has changed.

This is exactly Age of Ultron V2.0 It'll still probably get a 80%+ RT rating
>>
>>84562048
Sure you're a black man, of course,
I believe you.

>>84561793
Spoken like someone in a privileged position who have no stake in lifting up marginalised people because they wanna keep having their unearned rights.

>>84561742
Keep making excuses for how the world is and how white people had no part in the current state of it. Thankfully not all people are apathetic enough to just sit back, some are prepared to pay reparations.

You're not evil for having privilege but for not recognizing it
>>
>>84563130
If you don't sympathise when you're part of the problem.
>>
I think movie studios have finally figured out that playing the diversity card is the absolute best way to get free enormous publicity from SJW cultists and the butthurt lunatics that go to war with them.

It's like for so long they've known they have to have exactly one black guy and exactly one female love interest, but now they realize that by adding at least one more of each and having the crew drop the word "diversity" one or two times, legions of obsessive morons will incite a massive scale culture war with each other.
>>
>>84560767
WE WUZ VICTIMS
>>
>>84563961
The jews have been doing this for centuries.
>>
>>84564042
Nice racist meme, but that's literally the truth and still true to this day. Keep being part of the problem, when history looks back at this time I know it won't look favorable on your kind.
>>
>>84564152

'our kind'?

I wasn't even involved in the conversation, but fuck you, you colossal asshole. I refuse to be held responsible for shit done by other people, long before I was born. No white guilt here. You can shove that.

I did shit in school, living in a ghetto myself, but I educated myself and didn't become a gangbanger. Was it because I was white? No, it was because I didn't want that life and actually sought to do better personally, rather than blame all my problems on someone other than me and my situation.

On topic. I would normally care, but not only can I not muster the energy, I know little enough about the figures and settings involved in Ragnarok that I likely won't even notice the difference. So it's annoying that they are playing fast and loose with the material, but whatever.
>>
>>84560556
Because the way they're doing it is racist against those very minorities.
>>
>>84561658

WE
>>
>>84564152
Shit dude, "Wrong side of history" is used by comic book villains and fascist villains in action movies.
>>
>>84561730
Which is hilarious, because the Bible says "You shall have no other gods before me," not "instead of me." Nothing in the Catholic source material says there are no other gods. Hell, the Moses myth specifically allows for other gods.
>>
Okay, I'm black and I just wanna say that I can live without a representative in every single Marvel product. Stop concerning yourselves with fucking diversity you pricks, worry about making a good movie.
>>
>>84560556
You know what they could've done? Tried making Hogun the Grim (an Asian, in case you forgot) into something besides a cameo.
Fuck, how about bringing in other pantheons, if you want diversity. Get someone who knows shit about other religions to help make a comic character out of, I don't know, fucking Ra.
>>
>>84561612
Do you think the black community is some hive mind that's completely seperate from everyone else? There are plenty of two family homes that end up having normal children.
>>
>>84564439
>I wasn't even involved in the conversation, but fuck you, you colossal asshole. I refuse to be held responsible for shit done by other people, long before I was born. No white guilt here. You can shove that.

You misunderstand my what I'm saying, either knowingly or not. You might not be respon ible, but you DO benefit from sytematic racism if you live in a majority white country. Doesn't matter if it's in Europe or America since both raped Africa from her children and resources. The entirety of white civilisation is build upon the broken back of black and now that they're rising up you're afraid. Sorry reality doesn't fit your delusion.
>>
>>84561678

>Blacks are fully capable of doing anything
>Except when white people do shit to them

So whites are better at things than blacks? How do you explain Asians?

All of these BS equality movements are immediately flawed because they admit the 'victim' is incapable of doing anything by themselves
>>
File: 1437070290478.jpg (107 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1437070290478.jpg
107 KB, 500x500
>>84563730
>You're not evil for having privilege but for not recognizing it

10/10 Good job
>>
>>84564860

I'm sorry that I don't really care, if I'm quite honest, and refuse to live according to someone elses agenda - good or bad. I'm British. Having had our dick in most of the known world is our thing. The Indians even came back with us, since we fucked their original overlords so hard.
>>
>>84564860

Everyone benefits from the suffering of someone else. Get over yourself and pick a real major, I'm sure your dad will pay for it, no matter how disappointed he is in you.
>>
>>84564885
All I'm saying is that black people were placed in the lowest position in life by whites and diversity is one step in righting a wrong.

>>84564916
>I'm sorry that I don't really care, if I'm quite honest, and refuse to live according to someone elses agenda - good or bad.

Of course you don't, apathy helps the current power structure which you benefit from.
>>
>>84561182
I'd actually really love a Cloak and Dagger movie, provided that Cloak starts as a stuttering nerd rather than a generic black cool guy.
>>
>>84560358

Holy shit, I didn't now Taika was directing it. I thought he was just another actor in it.
>>
File: hades.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
hades.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>84560358
>All the director talks about is "diversity"
>Gets evasive and nervous when asked what the movie is ABOUT

No. No, this is unacceptable, and fuck all you stupid faggots that want to say "You're just scared of le minorities!" in response. This dumbass is putting his political agenda ahead of actually making a good movie. How the fuck can you defend that?
>>
>>84564962
Whose suffering does african americans benefit from, then? And if they do how is it not whites fault for placing them in the position which probably didn't give them much of an alternative?
>>
File: Luke.jpg (18 KB, 563x425) Image search: [Google]
Luke.jpg
18 KB, 563x425
>>84565073
>Whose suffering does african americans benefit from, then?
Other blacks. Black on black crime is an epidemic, and all the black people I've known growing up in a majority black city that have made something of themselves tell me the same thing: "White people are dicks to me sometimes, but it's the black people that will kill me." Even my wife, herself being black, insisted we move to a white neighborhood before we had children because she was terrified of her kids being in those neighborhoods.
>>
>>84565073
Native Americans?
>>
File: response1.jpg (157 KB, 650x786) Image search: [Google]
response1.jpg
157 KB, 650x786
>>84560556

When it doesn't fit, it doesn't fit. I can guaran-fucking-tee you that your average white person isn't going to clutch their pearls over seeing minority characters in any capacity in most settings, whether it's extras in the background or the main character.

But here you have a story and characters directly based on Norse mythology; the whitest white to ever white. Marvel is listening too much to their histrionic new audience and trying to up the diversity in ways that don't make any sense at all, just for the sake of having it.
>>
>>84565148

no they're based on characters created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby (and others) inspired by Norse mythology
>>
>>84565032
>Of course you don't, apathy helps the current power structure which you benefit from.

Excellent, so all is well then. Good talk, anon.
>>
>>84565126
Black on black crime is an epidemic only becuase black people got a shit start in life which was thanks to whites. Nice try insinuating that black people are more predisposed to violence, through.

>>84565137
White people killed them en masse, blacks had no part in the genocide. They're innocent.
>>
>>84561329
Look I'm black. I'm going to throw in my two cents here. The above guy is correct. Are there societal differences and what not that influence perceptions and cultural backgrounds? Absolutely. Do white people tend to be better off than black people? Absolutely. However what he is saying is absolutely correct. Changing a characters race to he more inclusive is not a sign of creating equality but a sign of laziness. It is easy to say "blank is now blank. You are welcome". But that doesn't necessarily create a good or empowering character for a minority group. Any change can be said to be "good" but that's false. The best example is honestly the recent ghost busters. In the original Ghostbusters the "token black" character was a well written straight man who was a blue collar guy working with scientists who tried hard and always put in effort to keep up. That's good representation which can be considered positive representation. In the new one the black person is a fuck I ng walking sterotype that acts like a childish asshole. That is not good representation. In fact that's awful representation, because it encourages negative sterotypes. So having any representation is not necessarily a good thing. What, and if you want more minority groups to have rep, you want to do is ask for more original characters who are not just slapping on a new coat of paint in an effort to cynically gather a minority group's representation and money. The best example I can think of to date of this is static shock. We need more statics and not more race bending
>>
>>84561182

It's sad because all the white-into-non-white racebending really sends an unfortunate message that non-white people aren't good enough to stand on their own as heroes (or even villains). They must instead be relegated to the sloppy seconds of established white heroes.

Instead of creating badass new black heroes (ala Static), they're instead striving to drive a wedge even further between the races by pushing out decades-old white heroes and cultural aspects and then telling anyone who expresses displeasure to simply deal with it (even if that person is themselves, a minority).
>>
>>84565205
>Excellent, so all is well then. Good talk, anon.

Perhaps if you're white, but do go on being a metaphorical vampire. Where would you be without your nectar of black exploitation?.
>>
seems to be a lot of people in this thread who need to educate themselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ_0bqWKO-k
>>
>>84565192

...'kay, but that still doesn't matter. Even as portrayed by Lee and Kirby, they were still white. All you did was add an extra step in saying the exact same thing that I did.
>>
>>84565301

>ChescaLeigh

Nah
>>
>>84565229
>>84565279
Thank you. Black guy here and that's the fucking truth
>>
>>84565310

no you appealed to "respect the culture" when this is already waaaaaaaaaaay different from that. Unless i missed the norse myths where they lived in alien lands and Thor was also a random dude who found magic stick

also valkyrie are like a title/class last i checked, they can be any woman.
>>
File: thor.jpg (24 KB, 470x500) Image search: [Google]
thor.jpg
24 KB, 470x500
No one seems to care that Thor doesn't have red hair.
>>
File: 09789729830.png (30 KB, 341x313) Image search: [Google]
09789729830.png
30 KB, 341x313
>>84565355
>>
>>84565455
Well, they wanted cast someone with a soul so . . .
>>
>>84560358
>Valkyra character isn't about looking like a Valkyre

The absolute madman.
>>
>>84565257
And thankfully you don't speak for the entirety of the black experience, nor what black people want. Besides whites have had the majority of roles for literally all of american history, I'm sure they can suffer that a few of them are being made black, it's the least they could do.
>>
>>84561182
>>84565257
>>84565338

/r/asablackman
>>
>>84565469

cool argument
>>
>>84565623
>muh diversity means black people being casted

Hogun deserves a bigger role, hell all the warriors three + Sif would be better than turning Valkyre black or whatever this director is going to do. Want to add black characters to the Thor mythos? Tons of inspiration from the comics since he did interact with other mythologies.

Instead, we get a director who says the comics are a "loose inspiration" and goes the quick and easy way of race bending characters.

And then we got people like you who defend this shit. Who needs actual black characters that already exist, when we can turn a big name black?

Who needs to work and risk shit when you can go the easy way because the Saint Diversity needs more black casts in it?
>>
>>84565623
No, the least we could do would be absolutely nothing.
>>
>>84565623
>I'm sure they can suffer that a few of them are being made black, it's the least they could do.

What a shitty attitude. This right here is the exact thing that's not helping anyone.
>>
>>84565623
Oh tell me white masa what is it I want? What is it us negros want? For thou seems to know how we may be enlightened
>>
>>84560358
This entire thread

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge9pHidD8sc
>>
>>84565734

This is exactly my fucking problem.

In nearly every case, with a few exceptions, you could just have easily have tracked down a black character to use and work into your script or series in some way.

And then those actual black characters that can fill the role drop further into obscurity because fuck actually promoting real black characters. And then those changes tend to only stick to the movies or one form of media.

Blackwashing and other moves like it are not a real solution. It's a weak bandage that helps nothing.

DC is heavily pushing Katana now and surprise surprise casuals can recognize the character. Same with Falcon and Panther. The diversity characters that exist will work out if you actually give them more of a fucking chance.
>>
>>84565623
God damn your fucking attitude is so shitty. Holy fuck. Look I never did I speak for the fucking entirety of black people. No one does. But I sure as fuck have my finger at least on the pulse of black people and can pretty well guess what they might want or need to see. It's not about fucking just "taking roles" like some scraps from the fucking table. It's about getting roles to show off the fucking potential of black actors. You wonder why black people aren't doing so hot as actors it's cause of shit like you saying all we need are some minor roles instead if demanding fucking roles change the narrative and wanted good characterisation or positive influence. It's shuts like you that relegate us to the class of a retarded jive talking mother fucker who drinks purple drank and eats fried chicken cause he's black. Fuck off
>>
I think this is as stupid as casting white people in a movie set in Africa, precolombine South America or Asia.

But if there is a social calling for it, they are going to do it.
>>
>>84565355

Except that Lee and Kirby did not write Thor as an Alien. They wrote Asgard as a magical realm and as the real Asgard of Norse mythology.

The alien shit came way, way later.
>>
>>84560358
>Right from the start we wanted to diversify the cast
Thor's comrades are a woman, a black guy, and an asian guy. His movies were always inclusive, where do they think they weren't?
>>
File: 1451932975051.jpg (81 KB, 651x489) Image search: [Google]
1451932975051.jpg
81 KB, 651x489
>>84565623
Why are white people so condescending and patronizing towards blacks? You're not doing this for my benefit. You just want brownie points to show off to your other lefty friends about how you're a champion of PoC.

I hate you so much.
>>
>>84560358
Thor trilogy confirmed for worst MCU trilogy then?
>>
>>84566381
This, white SJWs are so fucking annoyijg, I'll take a /pol/tard anyday.
>>
White people are mad AGAIN?

I thought you got over Idris Heimdall and all that?

Did Trump make you all super sensitive or sumfin?
>>
>>84566501

SOMETHING.

It's only three more letters. Type like a real person you stupid faggot.
>>
>>84566501
I would be fine if the swapping of races could be explained in a more natural way other than "There's not enough diversity in Viking mythology, LET'S FIX THAT!"

Honestly, it's intellectually lazy and so patronizing to minorities that I'm just surprised you aren't offended as well. I know for a fact that if they swapped a black comic character as something other than black or white, like if they made Black Panther South or Central American, black people would lose their shit.
>>
>>84566639

They did.

Black people are losing their shit over Zack being Asian in the new Power Rangers movie.
>>
>>84566721
That's funny, considering that asian men are far more underrepresented than black people in american media.
>>
>>84560694
How thick are you?
>>
File: 1458929531878.png (568 KB, 684x534) Image search: [Google]
1458929531878.png
568 KB, 684x534
>>84560596
>Valkyrie
>beloved character
>>
>>84561219
Eternals Saga.
Fuck you for pretending to know shit.
>>
File: 1464947203768.png (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1464947203768.png
6 KB, 225x225
>>84561300
>mfw it's my thread
I legitimately thought the diversity bit was the least offensive & warranting discussion.
I am not a clever man.
>>
>>84561466
Is that Martha?
>>
>>84561613
>>
File: 401X MAD.png (314 KB, 382x384) Image search: [Google]
401X MAD.png
314 KB, 382x384
>>84561820
thanks for the reminder
jerk
>>
>>84568144
Sally right dude you didn't expect that tumblr fucker to show up
>>
>>84566256
yeah mhmm totally
fuggoff It was alien as fuck under Kirby. They didn't sand it all down to grey castles and stealth archers until fucking JMS barely 20 years ago.
>>
>>84561377
There was an enormous outcry. How did you not see this.
>>
Who's a butt baby here.
>>
File: 054.jpg (270 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
054.jpg
270 KB, 1600x1200
>>84561182
>>84565279
Don't they have a suitable number of Black characters as is?
Like, one proportionate to population demographics.
A lot of these legacies are preexisting characters who are just switching things up for some short-term brownie points.
>>
>>84565623
t. honkey
>>
>>84560556
We are talking about MOTHERFUCKING VIKINGS.
>>
File: smugsnek.png (29 KB, 175x199) Image search: [Google]
smugsnek.png
29 KB, 175x199
>>84561501
>>84562179
>>84565148
>>84566060
>>84568557
MCU Asgardians are space aliens.
>>
>>84566381
>You just want brownie points to show off to your other lefty friends about how you're a champion of PoC.

Answered your own question.
>>
>>84568576

Y....you're still not getting it.
>>
>>84563730
>Spoken like someone in a privileged position who have no stake in lifting up marginalised people because they wanna keep having their unearned rights.

I'm a quarter black Latino who is homeless. Pause and consider how marginalised I am. I agree with everything that guy said. Racism exists. Fucked up shit happen as the result of white folks. And guess what....our asses need to take responsibility for what happens in our community too. Noones pulling us Browns and blacks out of the shit. We need to fucking swim out. Just like Chinese and Irish And Italian immigrants did before us. And throwing out our open hands and crying me me me more more more like entitled fucking crybabies won't get us but jack and shit.
>>
File: smogfux.jpg (38 KB, 500x538) Image search: [Google]
smogfux.jpg
38 KB, 500x538
>>84568630
More than you are, clearly.
>>
>>84565061
We're getting a TV series, anon. They're playing the interracial romance straight, regardless of how far it makes them stay from the comics.
>>
>>84568180
Why did you say that name?!
>>
>>84568925
krk
>>
>>84561321
Not mentioning IQ....LOL
>>
>>84568180
Thankfully, no. Freema wouldn't be that stupid.
>>
>>84560556

Can't wait for the russian black panther and irish static shock team up film, amirite?
>>
>>84560574
What's important to a character is usually not their skin color. Black Panther is an exception. For better or worse, most black characters are - their race usually defines them to some extent.

>>84560621
Whether a group is marginalized has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's about staying true to the source material.
>>
>>84560556
I was going to say they just don't like white characters turning into different races, but they even hate it when they play original characters.
>>
File: 1385568795335.png (878 KB, 983x405) Image search: [Google]
1385568795335.png
878 KB, 983x405
>>84560358
>It’s hard to say what the movie is because it’s changing. The plot has changed and the script has changed. There are buddy elements to it between Thor and the Hulk, but who knows what the final movie will look like.
The director doesn't even know what this movie is anymore. This is looking like Thor 2 all over again.

Hey Marvel, maybe if next time you get a script that's a little different from your other stuff, don't fucking rewrite it until it is neutered into some quipfest abomination.

Is this a fucking joke?
>>
>>84569695
This is more what I was expecting from this thread yeah.
>>
>>84561096
/co/mblr needs to go. Back to the jungle with you.
>>
File: 1453506278330.webm (369 KB, 300x204) Image search: [Google]
1453506278330.webm
369 KB, 300x204
>>84569771
Wait, what was this thread about above my po-

Ah. You should've seen that coming.
>>
File: 1371877142134.png (49 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1371877142134.png
49 KB, 500x375
>>84560358
>Valkyrie gets butchered in the name of diversity
and_nothing_of_value_was_lost.jpg
>>
>>84570043
This desu
>>
>>84569949
thanks for the frugs
>>
>>84561182
>As a man of distinguished blackness, I find race bending really patronizing.

>People actually think he's black
>>
>>84571356
Ah yes, the lefty meme of anyone not following the narrative isn't actually of said race or is internalizing racism. Always good to see.
>>
>>84566256
Literally the first Thor story involves a crippled doctor finding a magic stick that he uses to fight off rock monsters who come out of the sky in - you guessed it - an ALIEN SPACE SHIP.
>>
>entire thread is an annoying back-and-forth about the diversity alone
>like 5 posters talk about anything else in the original post

Stay classy, /co/.
>>
ooooooooh no body gives a shit
>>
>>84572827
>he says whilst bumping he thread
>>
>>84560358
more uncharted territory from the Marvel brand
how do they do it?
>>
>>84561896
I know I'm not adding to this conversation, but I drew this years ago and the fact that you saved it, made my day. Thanks anon!
>>
Why do they always say diversity when they actually just mean black?
>>
>>84573299

Because black lives matter
>>
File: image.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>84560358

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Has he even read any fucking Thor comics? Does he even know what Ragnarok is, either in the Thor comics or in the original myths?
>>
>The long awaited Ragnarok Thor movie.
Make me fucking care. Let me know when they try and adapt a good Thor story.
>>
>>84573717
Same with all the Marvel movies really. Outside of origin story they tend to hit the shitter really fast. Especially so for Thor as he hasn't had a single decent movie.

Why couldn't they just adapt Ragnarok from Disassembled and call it a day. You don't even need to change much and you can end it with him coming back with Blake picking up the stick.
>>
>>84561409
>Which is the result of racism and Jim Crow laws. White people need to realise this and take responsibility. Giving black people a voice is a good way in my opinion.
Its not my fucking fault you piece of shit racist, i wasnt a government official in the 60s.

Fuck off. Dont change existing characters, make new ones for people to look up to.

Like Black Panther, or Luke Cage, or Falcon.
>>
>>84560358
Well I'm not going to see this one. And I saw the other thor movies.
>>
>>84574697
Lowkey, Thor 1 is actually a fairly good movie. The earth parts drag and Portman is awful, but the Asgardians are great and the movie does have some heart and charm.
>>
>>84560556
>>84560592
>white people
>colored people/people of color
>white is not a color
Where's the big reset button
>>
>>84566381
This
>>
>>84573608
Mainly actors do that. One-and-done directors don't give a shit.
>>
>>84574426

i see you there anon.

Putting minorities or females or trans etc under the mask of a known hero is like telling em that their specific group is shit that nobody would read if they go on a Original/new character.
They must be shielded by a known IP cause minorities/women/etc are seen as uninteresting/crap, but everybody wants their "progressive" points

sjws go crazy as if it was the biggest thing ever

But its like crapping on those group faces.

You wanna show you care? Make anew hero that stands on its own. It takes time, just get something decent going not "Look at my i am Gay/black/muslim/trans" as the character only defining point

And try not to kill it every 5 issues
>>
>>84574884
White isn't a color
Neither is black
They're devoid of them
>>
>>84576440
But then those terms really only apply to oranges, brownos, pinkos, and yellows.
Barely for pinkos and oranges though
>>
>>84560596
>A few exception does not disprove the rule. Nice try.

Slavery was run by the top 1% richest people

Average white guy didn't have slaves. He was working slave wages for the same people. Being paid just enough to keep working and not revolt while the top 1% profited off all of us.

Now we live in an age where we can see things for how it is. But some of us still want to fight each other over table scraps while the top 1% enjoys our in-fighting.
>>
>>84576440
white is all color applied equally.
>>
>>84577093
Go home Karl, you're drunk.
>>
>>84564860
Wait how does in central europe profit from slavery, when there were never black slaves in those country?
>>
>>84560358
God damit we went so long without marvel movies falling into the pandering of marvel comics.
Oh well marvel was still good for about 6 months after this started maybe we can squeeze out a few good movies
>>
>>84576623
Thor and hellcats road trip across america
>>
>>84579924
trading for cheap goods manufactured with slave labor, which would be more expensive otherwise
>>
>>84560358

Ohhhh boyyyyyy....
>>
File: 1459600306848.png (144 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1459600306848.png
144 KB, 800x533
>>84569429
God you people are stupid. These are NORSE GODS. If anything is defined by race it's them.

God damnit you cucks drive me crazy.
>>
>>84560784
>"I don't know but tumblr tells me it is"
>>
>>84560556

...Look at it this way.

Let's say - silly scenario, I know - that Marvel comics had featured, I dunno, the Japanese thunder god Susano-o in the role usually filled by Thor.

He was banished from Takamagahara, the abode of the gods, by his exalted father Izanagi, but occasionally travels back there by the Amano Ukihashi-bridge. He commands the storms with his sword Totsuka, which only he, or someone who is truly worthy, can lift.

Come the movie, which is set mostly in Takamagahara, and some of the cast is black, some of it is white and Amaterasu is played by Gwyneth Paltrow.

You know what I mean?

Idris Elba is the one man who makes me question my heterosexuality, and I am still not sure whether he was the perfect choice for Heimdall.*

* Although he might be. Heimdall is a god from an older pantheon than the Norse one we are used to... those of us who are used to them... They could have elected to have the Vanir gods played by black actors, Aesir by white.
Although nobody knows to which group, if either, Heimdall really belongs.
>>
>>84580166

They are not "Norse gods". They are gods worshipped by the Norse people.

In the context of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, they are alien life forms, maybe even extradimensional. They could literally be blue, purple and green.

...Huh. So... there really is nothing to the racial argument escept either racism or 'not muh Asgardians' autism.
>>
>>84561371
>Black guy with electric powers

Aw jeez, awkwaaard.
>>
>>84564152
Everytime non-moderates have tried taking over they've been put down like the rabid dogs they are.
80 years ago it was for the right, this century it's going to be for the left.
>>
>>84580411

Look at Nostradamus over here go...
>>
>>84580225
No. What you said simply is not true.
They are NORSE GODS. That is the correct term. Liberals get so fucking triggered by terminology themselves, so get it right. They have been represented VISUALLY as Norse people for THOUSANDS of years. The pantheon is not new or created by Marvel. They are, in myth, the ancient elders, and direct lineage of the Norse people, not just some enigmatic "God" like in Christianity or Islam. They are their literal relatives.

Why are you so confident and ignorant at the same time? IF the same sort of mythology existed for an African, Indian, or Asian culture and was represented in comics and media this would not even be a discussion. There would be NO whites in there at all. Just leave it alone. Why is it racist to just LEAVE IT BE. Changing the peoples race doesn't do anything for the story except make SJW's feel good.

We have BLACK Panther, a movie and character about being Black. Why does THOR have Black and Asian Norse gods?

Jesus Christ you libtards are phenomenally ignorant and deluded.

Leftism is truly a mental disorder.
>>
>>84580435
Not Nostradamus, history tends to repeat itself, over and over.
Only thing it changes are the names of the bad guys, but radicals will always be considered an enemy the moment they get a bit too big, since only radicals like radicals.
>>
File: slaves1.jpg (28 KB, 294x267) Image search: [Google]
slaves1.jpg
28 KB, 294x267
>>84561658
Look at the hieroglyphs. They were EGYPTIAN, not black. They have blacks in the glyphs next to them as slaves. It's funny how ignorant liberals really are but are the most confrontational and confident.
>>
>>84580497

Oh, certainly. The sharper the point, the easier it breaks, if you allow me a smart-aleck metaphor.

But to assume it will be 'left' this time... with fascism being enthusiastically embraced all over the place...

Or is that exactly what you meant?
>>
>>84560358
Thank heavens I dropped this movie ages ago, around the time they said it was going to be a buddy cop comedy with the Hulk.
>>
>>84580474

The Marvel Comics gods are simply not the same as their 'actual' counterparts from real life mythology. And that goes double from the cinematic version, which is removed a step even from the comics.

The rest is speculation. "Whitewashing", on the other hand, is a thing - as well as 'blackface'.

Als, bear in mind that in the Marvel cinematic universe, the 'Norse' gods are going to be the only such pantheon we will ever see. Even if - and that's a big if - they ever use Hercules, that's still a European pantheon.

Is that really what we want? There is one group of cosmic gods in charge of the universe, and they are all nice and white?

Leftism may be a mental disorder (spoiler: no, it's not) but what you're doing - effectively institutionalized racism in the name of "factual correctnes", whatever that even mean in this context, doesn't seem very mentally healthy either.
>>
>>84580522
I mean horseshoe theory, radicals are always the same, be it right or left, and they will always be treated equally: at an arms length at all times, and beaten back into irrelevancy when they go full retard.
>>
>>84560596
>Norse mythology is also not important because it is not my culture.

oh fuck off faggot
norse mythology isn't a fucking culture practiced today so who fucking cares.

and don't go say it was respected before the MCU movies fucking dippshit.
>>
>>84580577
>Is that really what we want? There is one group of cosmic gods in charge of the universe, and they are all nice and white?

I don't care and neither should you. It's a fucking wacky comic book movie about Thor, why bring racial politics into it, you fucking moron?
>>
>>84580577
>The Marvel Comics gods are simply not the same as their 'actual' counterparts from real life mythology. And that goes double from the cinematic version, which is removed a step even from the comics.

That is true. However, my point stands that if another races pantheon was as famous and was represented in a Marvel Cinematic universe: No one would be swapped to white. Never.

>effectively institutionalized racism in the name of "factual correctnes", whatever that even mean in this context, doesn't seem very mentally healthy either.

If being factually correct is somehow bad to you, then you need to re-evaluate your philosophies mate. There is nothing wrong with facts, being conservative with your storytelling and branching off afterward.

Make another Cosmic race that is African in nature that maybe influenced and helped Wakanda. Make another Rainbow Race of multicultural aliens that exist elsewhere. But don't take an established story, that is based on an actual ancient Pantheon of a specific group of people, and change their race around so that people who should not even feel like they are entitled to be among them can be. I would not care to be represented in an ancient Jpanese Samurai pantheon. I would simple know that it is theirs and be fine with that fact. Why is this so difficult?
>>
>>84580607
Way to beat around the bush and not respond to his point. Jesus.

>>84580608
NO one cares. We just want a good movie that respects the comics, and original mythos. No neo Nazis are looking at Thor for inspiration to take over again...
>>
>>84580608

I am not. I wasn't the one who lost my shit when it was announced some characters in 'Ragnarok' won't be Aryan.
>>
>>84580694
Yet you are arguing for it. Proving you do care.
>>
>>84580622
>No one would be swapped to white. Never.

> I would simple know that it is theirs and be fine with that fact.

Objection, your honor! Speculation!
>>
>>84580702

It's the barely-hidden racism of the opponents that stings.
>>
>>84580111
But we were the producers of cheap stuff, and you couldn't be cheaper then us. non nobles here had to work 6 out of 7 days, and only because 1 out of 7, they were working for church.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1468688847393.jpg (85 KB, 1359x1709) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1468688847393.jpg
85 KB, 1359x1709
why do they need to justify their casting, makes it look like they TRIED to cast a black chick as Valkyre rather then her just being the best of the batch
>>
>>84580766
>why do they need to justify their casting
Because as we saw with Heimdall in the first Thor people will inevitably object to it.
>>
File: 1457794100573.png (624 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
1457794100573.png
624 KB, 1200x1600
>>84580766
This is the main mentality as to why I'm mad.

They did not pick the best actress, they did not try to be true to the comics, they did not try to be respectful to the source material.

They purposefully went out to cast people who are different than those things just so they could diversify the cast. It's pointless, petty, and aggravating.
>>
>>84580801
black vikings are retarded hurr durp alienz[/spoiilers] but despite people complaining everyone got over it lol

or at least a majoirty
>>
>>84580814
But 13th Warrior though.
>>
>>84580805
it just LOOKS like that anon, but it is pretty shallow

i hope it wont ruin the movie
>>
>>84580814
fuck your 13th warrior dawg
>>
>>84580833
To be completely honest, it obviously bothers me that this sort of thing happens in all media and it blatant. The alt-right movement is here for a reason, because what the left it doing is so obvious and pointless.

That being said. I don't really care about this movie, I just care about the message it is sending to people about Northern European culture and heritage. It's sad that they don't care about it themselves it seems.

Hopefully the movie will be done better than the last and I might be pleasantly surprised! Fingers crossed.
>>
>>84580861
you know its funny, these are norse gods bases of norse myths all white but despite that retarded aliens excuse if marvel ever used Japanese or even Aztec gods theyd never dare changere their race

we could get a black Hercules and gay Cho movie and most peoppe wouldn't care
>>
>>84580956
Honestly I'd be okay with a black Hercules, because Django Unchained made that joke. Niggerles.
>>
>>84560556
>when you're privileged equality feels like oppression

Yea and it holds no ground. This devolves to quickly into "you cant be racist against white people". Most people don't live life feeling truly privileged. An 18 year old white person not getting into a college in favor of a black person should feel oppressed. They never felt privilege in getting into a college. Of course you'll claim if a white person does get into college it's privilege. If a black person doesn't it's oppression, right? Asians don't matter right? People always make it a black and white issue, either its privilege or oppression, nothing else. The issues are more complicated than that and shouldn't be summed up in binary expressions that push aside those complexities.

At the end of the day marvel featuring more black people is fine. They've never really featured a black woman in their movies. Gamora was green. It's something they need. Another issue though, they don't feature enough women. All their leading women are white. So yea, it's great their featuring a black woman.

but man it must suck to be hispanic or asian, they're straight fucked. None of their super heroes are asian or hispanic. Marvel has to hit their quota of enough black people first apparently before giving other races a chance. It'd be nice if we could have them be their race too and not aliens. I guess it's privilege though, right? Black people are privileged to be the non-white race marvel will us, hispanics and asians are being oppressed.
>>
>>84581097
^
>>
>>84560358
>Unless it’s the topic of the film, it just shouldn’t even be — what do we even care?

THEN WHY ARE YOU CHANGING RACES??
BECAUSE YOU FUCKING CARE!!!!!!!

the mental gymnastics these SJW liberal retards have to go through to justify their bullshit
>>
File: S60718-103934.jpg (232 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
S60718-103934.jpg
232 KB, 1280x720
>>84560416
When it wasn't true? Every Marvel movie is bigger and reacher than previous.
>>
>>84560358

Marvel can't make a good Thor or Hulk movie. NEWS AT 11
>>
>>84581097
That 18 year old white kid is still privileged in regards to race. He still just doesn't have to deal with racism as a concept. Black people don't get into college "because they're black." It's not like schools are taking failing black kids over straight A white kids just for shits and giggles. Schools have always taken more factors into account than just your grades. If you're a black kid with slightly lower grades, but you write a good essay or interview well you might just be more desirble to the school.
Where the fuck did you get the idea that no one else wanted more diversity/representation? People got really pissed about ScarJo starring in the Ghost in the Shell movie just for a very recent example.
>>
File: 1468796969383.png (166 KB, 844x460) Image search: [Google]
1468796969383.png
166 KB, 844x460
>>84560358

Marvel panders to sjws and is reverse racist.

Stay tuned.
>>
>>84564511
I think it's more aggregation-type of thing, like in previous you praised one unique god for on unique thing, and now it's universal.

I think we need new universal god that would be all-neutral, beyond good and evil.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.