[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Holy shit, HOW!? Seriously, help me out here. Does this actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: BrickleberrySOLDOUT.png (396 KB, 583x627) Image search: [Google]
BrickleberrySOLDOUT.png
396 KB, 583x627
Holy shit, HOW!?

Seriously, help me out here. Does this actually mean the Brickleberry comic has a chance of doing well? Are pre-orders selling out a sign of good sales on Dynamite's part or does that only make up a small amount of the overall sales when you factor in digital copies and whatever physical ones are being stocked in comic book stores?
>>
>>84526454
dynamite only prints either 6000 or 10,000 issues per run so it's easy to sell out.
>>
It's still good regardless. Means that demand was surpassed.
>>
>>84526901
What interests me is the fact that the creators of Brickleberry keep saying that if people want a 4th season then buy the comics. Would Comedy Central really feel the property was legit viable if the numbers were that low overall in spite of it selling out?
>>
A large section of the American population is incredibly stupid. If you haven't noticed by now you haven't been paying attention for the past 300 years.
>>
>>84526959
>Would Comedy Central really feel the property was legit viable if the numbers were that low overall in spite of it selling out?

I seriously doubt it, but you never know.
>>
>>84526987
To be fair, it's also on sale in the UK. Not sure if Brickleberry aired much, if at all in the rest of Europe or Canada but it's clearly not just the US that fans are residing in.
>>
>>84527023
That's part of why I'm so curious. Comedy Central being a cable channel doesn't exactly need huge numbers. Like, anywhere between 1 and 2 million is a fairly solid by cable TV standards compare to say, a network show on the likes of CBS pulling in anywhere from 15 to 20 million. I'm wondering if that same lower standard could be applied to the comic book sales that these guys need to potentially get picked up again.
>>
>>84527204
It could be that they feel having even 15k hardcore fans buying the comic projects to a large enough normie audience to justify the return. Market research and shit can be complex.
>>
File: BBMaurice.png (25 KB, 577x230) Image search: [Google]
BBMaurice.png
25 KB, 577x230
>>84527255
I guess that makes sense. Also, when you've got big name voice actors like Maurice LaMarche tweeting out that they'd love to be on the show again even though they weren't even part of the main cast it probably gives off the impression that there's some sort of real driving force behind the idea of bringing it back.

Social media buzz vs. TV executives decisions are always a sort of fascinating thing to see unfold for better or worse.
>>
>>84527204
>15 to 20 million
I'm not sure about CBS but most shows airing on like Fox and ABC are lucky to get around 5 million after DVR recordings and such
>>
>>84527525
CBS seems to pull in some consistently large numbers by the looks of things. Latest episode of The Big Bang Theory for example had 14.73 million viewers and the latest NCIS was 18.01 million.
>>
>>84527525
CBS shows usually get monster ratings compared to everything else. Big Bang Theory and NCIS are often between 14 to 16 million viewers.
>>
Storytime?
>>
>>84529160
It's not out until the 20th.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.