[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, Batman doesn't kill, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: zero year 1.png (794 KB, 631x964) Image search: [Google]
zero year 1.png
794 KB, 631x964
So, Batman doesn't kill, right?
>>
File: zero year 2.png (1 MB, 629x962) Image search: [Google]
zero year 2.png
1 MB, 629x962
>>84495931
Self defense, sure, but he DOES kill Helfern. No question.

I get it, it's a reference to the Golden Age story, but it's still canon and murder.
>>
File: dumb fuck.jpg (137 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
dumb fuck.jpg
137 KB, 500x350
Not even vampires.
>>
>>84496000
Did he just scold that thing like he does Robins, because fucking lol
>>
>>84495963
Helfern was already dying.
>>
>>84495931
He also killed the joker in endgame but stopping Joker's crawl to the pit
>>
>>84495931
Batman not killing, not even by accident has always been ridiculous. A punch to the head or body can trigger a heart attack in the wrong person, how could he possibly always know that won't happen.

Honestly OP, it's just comics and just as you said, it's an homage to the original story.
>>
>>84495931
Just abominations of nature
>>
>>84496487
And yet he doesn't kill para-demons.
>>
>>84496562
Or vampires.
>>
>>84496360
Not really killing him he just stopped him from saving himself plus he was going to die anyways with the whole cave collapsing
>>
File: batmaaan.jpg (19 KB, 289x262) Image search: [Google]
batmaaan.jpg
19 KB, 289x262
>>84496634
"I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you!"
>>
>>84496706
Ra's was a fucking ninja. If he couldn't escape an exploding train he deserved to die.
>>
File: 1.jpg (194 KB, 851x644) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
194 KB, 851x644
Let's talk about something other than the no-kill rule - like all those wonderful toys!
>>
It's why Afflecks Bat-of-manslaughter is my favorite Batman. Sure, don't go for a killshot, but when fighting thugs trying to murder you, don't hold back either.
>>
>>84496634

Leaving someone in a situation that you know will result in their death is killing them. It can be JUSTIFIED to let them die, certainly (Everest mountaineers will leave behind someone to die if the altitude is to high to expend any more energy) but it's still effectively killing someone.
>>
>>84495931
Batman kills all the time. I remember in a team-up with Green Arrow (might have been Arrow and the Bat) where Batman gives GA a pep talk that amounted to, "sometimes you kick a man through a window and he dies, you need to just move on"
>>
>>84497144

True, and it's what makes all the movie Batmen more interesting in their methods than other settings. Comic Batman is deepest lore, and that's why it's so painful that he is so dumb. The deathcount that follows his rogue gallery.
>>
>>84495931
Batman's no-kill rule was great for the Nolan films because his enemies taunted him with it.

>Joker: You didn't disappoint - you let 5 people die!
>Bane: ...when Gotham is ashes, THEN you have my permission to die!
>>
henchman needs routine medicine or shots, gets knocked out for a few hours or tied up waiting for cops to arrive.

batman killed my father
>>
>>84495931
it was either that or the city
>>
>>84497036
decided to count the metal compartments
>on belt
>Displayed Tools

What the fuck?
>>
>>84497181
Wouldn't Gordon tell Batman that though, if they died all the time? Like "Hey Batman, 2 of those 6 thugs you beat up yesterday died waiting for the ambulance to arrive."
>>
He didn't kill Halfern whatsoever. I'm holding the fucking TBP right here. The mutation starts to kill him and he jumps or falls from the floating platform while Batman is too injured to save him.

It's called SUICIDE.

Reading comprehension, motherfucker. Do you have it?
>>
>>84498212
Except the shrapnel from the explosion was already travelling through his body, killing him from the inside.
>>
>>84498328

Batman tells him he has to get the shrapnel out of him or his bones will kill him. He's offering him help. Halfern says "No!", turning down the advice, and intentionally letting himself die.
>>
>>84497036
Stop trying to divert us from your murders, Batman.
>>
>>84496562
It's utterly ridiculous in B&R when he goes to Apokolips to get Damian's corpse back. He fucking shoots batarangs into para-demon's eyes, blows up a ship full of the, you can even see them falling to the ground, blows up those weird flamethrower tanks and punches them in the face with the hellbat armor on, which fucking makes Darkseid recoil in pain. You see a small hill of presumably dead para-demons.

Then a few pages later "Nope, all my weapons were set to non-lethal, didn't kill anyone".
>>
>>84496000
Ugh, I miss I, Vampire.
>>
File: 1339566022208.gif (744 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1339566022208.gif
744 KB, 300x225
>>84497835
>Batman
>>
>>84497880
In most iterations, Gordon's a war-hero that understands sacrifice.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0kmVEjPKKM
>>
>>84497835
3 in the buckle
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.