[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since marvel sucks now, I decided to get into DC. So I just finished
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Since marvel sucks now, I decided to get into DC. So I just finished Crisis On Infinite Earths. Where should I go next ? What are the main series I should follow and what events so I have to read until Flashpoint ?
>>
>>84443981
The Great Darkness Saga
JLI
Rucka and/or Azzerello's WW
Green Arrow Rebirth is good so far
>>
>>84444014
What about the events ?
>>
>>84443981
fuck events, read good runs

Mike Grell Green Arrow
Denny O'Neill Question
Grant Morrison Animal Man
Keith Giffen/JM DeMatteis JLI
Emerald Dawn, Emerald Twilight, Ron Marz GL
John Ostrander Suicide Squad
John Ostrander Spectre
JM DeMatteis Spectre
>>
>>84444061
All the Crisis Events are the ones you should give a fuck about. (Fuck Identity Crisis though) Blackest Night is good too.
>>
>>84444088
>>84444014
Thanks
Is superman ongoing any good ?
>>
did anyone else feel that coie got really bloated in the middle?
>>
>>84444061
events are everything wrong with mainstream superhero comics. Just wiki them to brush up on the status quo changes that get reset every six months

If you actually want to get into DC comics, you should check out /co/mrade recs on tumblr for various characters that interest you

there are very few events besides the original crisis that are above mediocre
>>
What are the superman recommendations?
>>
>>84444332
Kingdom Come
For The Man Who Has Everything (It's in Superman Annual 11)
All Star Superman
Red Son

Probably some others, but those are my favorite Superman stories.
>>
File: dc-universe-by-alan-moore.jpg (664 KB, 1500x2283) Image search: [Google]
dc-universe-by-alan-moore.jpg
664 KB, 1500x2283
>>84444737
For the Man Who has Everything along with Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? are both collected in pic related. Along with Moores one shots in Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Phantom stranger and Batman. It's a good book.
>>
>>84444785
>>84444737
Thanks
I've already finished red son and I'll check the others
>>
Death and Return of Superman was decent, and kinda important. Reign is the best part.
>>
>>84443981
The current run of Batman Beyond,
It's great if you liked the carton and the MC.
>>
>>84447276
Yeah I like batman beyond
Gonna check it out
>>
>>84444127
The current one, yes yes it is. Action isn't bad either.
>>
After COIE, here's what I know.
Death & Return of Superman
Emerald Twilight
Zero Hour
Final Night
DC One Million
Infinite Crisis
Sinestro Corp War
Final Crisis
Blackest Night/Brightest Day
Flashpoint

There's got to be a few things I'm missing, but that covers major events.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.