[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are put in charge in making an Animorphs cartoon for Netflix.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 14
File: Logo.jpg (27 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
Logo.jpg
27 KB, 900x506
You are put in charge in making an Animorphs cartoon for Netflix. You can do whatever you want with it. What do you do? What changes, if any do you make?
>>
>>84429411
more violence. this is what makes animals fun. let them use their claws and teeth
preserve nudity when they transform, none of this magical clothes changing bulljazz
>>
Who was the most twisted and evil Animorph and why was it Cassie?
>>
>>84429457
It's obviously Rachel
>>
>>84429411
Hire a screenwriter to smooth out some of the books so the middle ones are more entertaining.

Adapt each book into a normal 22 minute episode. Make literally every book into an episode. Some of the more important books and side-books are two or three parters. The Ellimist Chronicles is made into a movie.
>>
>>84429515
Rachel just has a primal urge to wreck shit, nothing evil there.
>>
Dem ear slugs man... Either make it uber gruesome or jus take em out. Something about not seeing how it worked, like in the ear canal, to this day fucks with me
>>
>>84429515
Rachel was bloodthirsty but once you're dead you're dead. She didn't trap a guy in rat form on a deserted island where he'd have to either commit suicide or live out the rest of the rat's short life.

granted David had it coming but he deserved to die.

not that.
>>
>>84429457
It is definitely cassie. Her combat morph is a wolf, which required her to use her teeth to kill enemies. All of her moral posturing wasn't so she could feel better than the other animorphs, it was so she could attempt to justify to herself that she wasn't a monster.
>>
Make the most twisted and horrific television show ever devised
>>
Ive toyed with the idea of an Animorph adaption for ages.

The thing I keep coming back to is getting rid of the Ellimist. Always felt the whole point of the books was that the kids were completely alone, and giving them a cosmic dad figure who could come in an clean things up undermines that.
Its fairly trivial to give Tobias morphing power again because of more juice left in the cube (which also sets up the David and the substitute animorphs) and maybe he gets the dna out of some hair left in his room or something.
>>
>>84429411
>You can do whatever you want with it
Keep the graphic violence and horrific transformation sequences, naturally, but animate it in 90's Disney Renaissance style.
>>
Why is there no animorphs cartoon. Why did they try a live action adaptation on 90s kids TV.

Why do we live in the darkest timeline.
>>
File: animorphs_chee.jpg (302 KB, 467x818) Image search: [Google]
animorphs_chee.jpg
302 KB, 467x818
>>84429411
Expand on the narrator perspective. Each episode will mostly focus on one of the kids, just like how the books were first-person perspective from each member of the group, but include more characters to give perspective to. Have episodes focusing on Yeerks, focus on the freed Hork-Bajir, focus on Erik, etc.

Hell, imagine the episode based on Erik reprogramming himself and slaughtering a house full of controllers from his perspective. Don't show the carnage, though. That's still best left to the imagination.
>>
File: Yeerk Politics.jpg (108 KB, 900x825) Image search: [Google]
Yeerk Politics.jpg
108 KB, 900x825
>>84429411
Keep the violence. Air it in all of it's fucked up glory.
>>84429571
This anon had a good idea ever book gets an episode. How would the seasons be divided?
>>
File: animorphs_co.jpg (281 KB, 1043x755) Image search: [Google]
animorphs_co.jpg
281 KB, 1043x755
>>84430213
Tough question. Easiest answer is to find a numerical point based on the books, but that could lead to some crappy season finales if a book that's between major plot points.
>>
>>84429742
or in order for him to transform back he has to fuck a human. as a bird.
>>
>>84429742
That would need a large scale rewrite across the books to do so without creating plot holes. Also that kills extra parts like the Ellimist Chronicles.

Also the seasons could be ended with the extras like Megamorphs and the Chronicles, however they would be reordered to a degree to ensure evenish seasons. Maybe they can be double or triple length episodes.
>>
File: dent.jpg (39 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
dent.jpg
39 KB, 640x480
>>84430898
>mfw I shipped Tobias and Rachel so hard back in the day.
>mfw this scenario wasn't unconsidered.
>>
I was a little too young for that series when it started and never actually finished it but I don't recall any one book that had a plot you could resolve neatly in one 22 minute episode. Maybe if you divided elements of them into separate arcs, but that's a waste of its potential.

Since this is Netflix I assume the entire season is being released at once, so lets say 13 episodes at 22 minutes apiece with strong continuity in between them forming 2-3 episode long stories. Its run should cover the rough area of the first six books but maybe incorporate some elements from later ones, from the first book incorporate the first half up to the discovery of the Yeerk Pool under the town, then move off to other adventures from later books. Establish early enmity between Jake/Marco and Tobias, have at least one storypoint or plot element hinge on the fact that Tobias' home life is utter shit, then have the assault on the Yeerk Pool in all its glory as an almost-show stopping set piece, Tobias gets left behind, Jake makes everyone go back for him, Tobias is trapped in hawk form, Jake falls in the pool.

Conclude the first season with a two-parter covering The Capture. Tobias is reeling at the prospect of being trapped as a hawk, but is positive he saw Jake fall in the Yeerk Pool, we see the conflict they've been having the entire season really come to a head here, but ultimately Tobias convinces them they need to play it safe. The others morph and cover for/guard Jake rotationaly, Tobias is the only one that is always there, watching him, at some point it is just the two of them only and they have an adapted version of the best dialogue Jake had with the Yeerk in that book, by the end of it they're the closest of friends - the war is now too real for either of them.

Move Tobias' meltdown from the Encounter to a hopefully strong second season opener.

Use that old theme song completely unironically:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70aTKFkPSrE
>>
>>84432474

Also, don't introduce Ax until the second season, care needs to be taken to establish the sense that the characters are in over their heads and introducing Ax too early undermines that somewhat. Let them establish how they would come to grips with what's going on, how they're going to try going about resisting the Yeerks, and maybe let them make a few assumptions, then introduce Ax into the mix. Let them be confident enough that you can believe him going along with their plans, but also let him shake their faith by telling them how little actual aid they can expect from the other Andelites.

Personally, I think it'd work well as a CGI show in the same vein as the Star Wars cartoons, I'm more leery of the quality of 2D animation that Netflix has been putting out...
>>
Make it like TTG!/Batman Brave and the Bold
>>
>>84429411
>every episode is narrated by each character in turn.
>the fight scenes are short sharp and nasty.
>the bgm cuts out during battles and it's all screaming and laser fire and alien teeth gnashing and loud animal noises.
>The barn scenes are focused on and the arguments they have about morality are taken seriously, this isn't a saturday morning kids show.
>nobody is objectively right, but following Jake makes the most sense and they trust him to do the right thing.
>the show flips from light hearted kids adventure to horrific PTSD causing nightmare fuel.
>occasionally the entire episode is a nice light hearted one.
>movie length "annual" specials, for the megamorphs books. I want to see Marco nailing trashcans in a truck he doesn't know how to drive.
>Make sure the thought speak sounds amazing if you're watching the show with headphones on.

and obviously what >>84432474 said. At the end of the first season, during the climactic finale encounter with V3 and his army of taxxon hork bajir hordes a familiar song starts playing... Noone to help you when you're lost, there's only us....
>>
>>84433143
The TV show may have sucked, but that was a really good theme song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-2vEFWFlgE
>>
>>84429411
Adapt the books as closely as possible, and include the The Hork-Bajir Chronicles and The Andalite Chronicles as movies. Make the pop culture references parodies to avoid lawsuits and make sure to specify it's in the 90s to avoid the Camera Phone problem.
Keep the sick-ass theme song >>84433349 posted, but remastered. Not remixed, remastered.
The only story edit is making the ending more satisfying than nothing at all. Even if it goes the same at least SHOW them dying. Alternatively don't include that shit at all.
>>
File: Remnants_Book1.jpg (12 KB, 250x357) Image search: [Google]
Remnants_Book1.jpg
12 KB, 250x357
Make a Remnants series instead.
>>
>>84433800
Never got the chance to read it, was it any good?
>>
>>84429610
Actually spooked me as a kid. It's some I-Have-No-Mouth-But-I-Must-Scream tier body horror.
>>
File: 1412573107074.gif (950 KB, 490x272) Image search: [Google]
1412573107074.gif
950 KB, 490x272
I hate this show. It gave me my tf fetish. Last thing I need is to have trouble watching it since I'd pop one as they morph.

I've heard the series is good but I just can't read it.
>>
File: 1426215160172.png (429 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
1426215160172.png
429 KB, 600x480
The art style needs to be cute and unique enough to stand out but normal enough to be popular

The transformed states need to be anthropomorphized enough to appeal to furries; they can still be feral but not too feral

There must be at least one lesbian couple as well, and writers must spend 5 minutes minimum trying to think of even the most shallow ~omg so deep~ shit every few episodes

All other things come second, even if the show itself sucks balls it will get by easily on waifu fags, furries, and tumblr
>>
>>84433876
It was nightmare-inducing.
>>
File: father.jpg (294 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
father.jpg
294 KB, 1024x683
>It's a Jake forces Handicap children to die for him episode
>>
File: 4ac.jpg (72 KB, 621x621) Image search: [Google]
4ac.jpg
72 KB, 621x621
>>84433968
>>
>>84433968
Okay anon? Fuck you.
You're the kind of walking shit heap that rapes childhoods.
Also >Implying that people who watch Netflix exclusive series wouldn't gobble up a grim war-is-hell series about kids fighting a secret war against aliens.
>>
File: animorphs_fuckYou.jpg (175 KB, 900x1350) Image search: [Google]
animorphs_fuckYou.jpg
175 KB, 900x1350
>>84433968
>>
>>84434022
If it does happen, they shouldn't shy away from showing just how fucked up some of the things the heroes did were.
On the flipside they also shouldn't make it all grim all the time and let stuff like Ax's culture shock remain intact.
>>
>>84434106
No reason why you couldn't have both.
>>
Just imagine what 4chan would look like after the last book, with aliens using the Internet. /pol/ would explode.
>>
File: 1351994276032.png (188 KB, 352x315) Image search: [Google]
1351994276032.png
188 KB, 352x315
>>84434067
OP shouldn't have put me in charge then, should he?

Fuck you I'm going to do what gets me the most money and recognition so I can go on to work on other things I'm more interestedin
>>
File: yeerksDefeatedByCo.jpg (284 KB, 1332x878) Image search: [Google]
yeerksDefeatedByCo.jpg
284 KB, 1332x878
>>84434182
>>
>>84429411
You really need to move on, man. There hasn't been any new material for that in over a decade.
>>
>>84434146
Exactly. Also, all of Visser Three's morphs should be rendered in different art styles than the others to highlight just how fucked up and alien they are. Maybe 3D?
On that note, who would voice the main characters? More importantly, who would voice Visser Three?
As an aside thought, tumblr would gobble up Ax faster than you can say "Brand New Husbando."
Maybe there's some animorphs fans there that already have.
>>
>>84434263
No, please don't mix styles. I get what you're thinking, but it would just look cheap and shitty.
>>
>>84434182
I can see /pol/ calling andalites "space Jews"
>>
>>84434291
Well then how would I make Visser Three's morphs look scarier? Maybe have them have more frames than the heroes? Depending on the morph, maybe less.
What would you suggest?
>>
Go full SJW tier to appease the cunts and piss everybody off on here.

Jake is now a big strong black dude and a large bulge in his sweatpants at all times. His main morph is a big black bull with prominent swinging bull testes.

Cassie is now an effeminate white sissy boi that wants to become a vet. Morphs into a Cheetah and loves to brush his tail over Jake's horns.

Rachel remains exactly the same in personality, but has multicolored bright shaved hair.

Tobias was species--confused and a furry until he got his morphing powers, and is now part human, cat, dog, wolf, falcon, horse, fox, rabbit, raccoon, skunk, and mouse hybrid. Stuck in that combination forever AND PROUD AND HAPPY ABOUT IT THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Marco is still Hispanic, and exactly the same. He is killed by Rachel after she was triggered by one of his offhanded jokes after a battle with the Yeerks in episode 2. She is totally justified and his corpse is left to rot for being cis scum.

All the Yeerks Hosts are just straight white males. Every single one.

And later it turns out the Yeerks are being lead by a straight white male as the big tweest.

This will make millions, all of you faggots will cry about it, and watch it anyways.
>>
>>84431144
Nah, the Elimist plotline had nothing to do with anything. He was just an excuse to do over-the-top sci-fi stories when the writers couldn't come up with anything better. You could cut him without losing anything important.
>>
>>84434772
Hell, I'd get rid of most of the overblown sci-fi stories altogether. There was some good shit in them, but I don't feel like the series was ever really "about" the aliens and time travel.
>>
>>84434772
Except Tobias getting his morphing back.
>>
>>84434843
aliens and time travel were way more interesting than catching wolves in the woods, becoming horses to race and turning into cows to visit a slaughterhouse.
>>
>>84432474
So...

>1-3 - Establish Jake and Marco, establish Cassie and Rachel, establish Tobias and his bad times.
>Have the four meet up, then run into Tobias, maybe he has a black eye or something, whatever, they decide to walk home together through the construction site.
>Ship lands, Elfangor knows Tobias by name, kids get powers, narrowly avoid capture, establish morphing rules.
>Team investigates the Sharing for some reason (I can't remember why they did in the books) and Jake trails the principle in lizard form. It's super frantic and freaky.
>Others break it to Jake that the invasion is already well underway.
>Jake tells them they don't know the half of it.
>4-5 - Team is trying to sort out what to do.
>Tobias wants to out the invasion to the public, thinking they can't be -that- screwed if they're using youth groups.
>More importantly, if they die, the resistance doesn't die with them.
>Jake wants them to move covertly, to protect their families,
>And that underground base is massive no matter if Tobias believes him or not.
>Either way, they need to gather intel before they decide what to do.
>Infiltrate principal's home with cat morph, etc.
>6-7 - Tobias and Jake still dissagree on what to do.
>Tobias wants to steal a fighter and park it on the white house lawn.
>Eventually he and Rachel decide to try it.
>Do... ok, but are briefly captured. Have to be rescued by Jake, Marco and Cassie.
>Jake is furious, but while they were there Tobias figured out that an Andalite ship is coming.
>>
>>84435834
>8-9 - Team plans to infiltrate a TV station.
>When the shooting war starts in space, they'll reveal it to the public.
>To Jake it's the best of bad options, but Tobias has convinced him they won't be able to hide what's going on when the lasers start flying in space.
>Plan goes badly, team is delayed, find the station already more or less taken over by Yeerks.
>Find the Andalite ship has been destroyed in orbit and is raining down over the pacific ocean, and the Yeerks successfully hid it from the world.
>Team escapes through Jake's quick-thinking.
>Tobias admits he doesn't know what to do. If there was a war to save the earth it was lost before they started.
>Jake counters that there are other kinds of wars, and they have the means and opportunity to start one themselves.
>They're going to blow up the Yeerk Pool under the city.
>>
>>84430213
Season 1 ends with the David arc which IIRC was about halfway through the series.
>>
>10-12 - Ark covers the planning, preparation, and execution of their attack on the Yeerk Pool.
>They spend time scoping the place out, taking note of certain people they recognize, presence of infrastructure, and eventually explosives caches.
>Goal is to destroy the pool, or damage it and the facility extensively enough that they have to rely more on their orbiting spaceship.
>Also, they want to set free people who aren't being controlled while their Yeerks of off feeding, hoping that a few hundred people will be too much for their network to conceal just yet.
>Previously established combat morphs collected or seen briefly earlier in the season really get their chance to shine here.
>Also a Taxon being smashed by a cargo truck being driven by a gorilla.
>Tobias is spotting for them in hawk form, helping Jake coordinate the team.
>Resistance is much heavier than expected and they have to escape, Tobias stays behind thinking he'll detonate the truck full of explosives and destroy the pool.
>When Jake realizes this he morphs into his brother to try to run back in and save him.
>Finds Tobias in the truck, freaking out that he can't morph back and trigger the detonator.
>Sets up the detonator, grabs him and runs.
>The two of them get swept up in pool-water when the truck explodes.
>Rescued unconscious by the other three.
>Tobias wakes up horrified at the realization he can't morph back, the rest of the team try to console him, and he accuses Jake of being a controller now.
>>
I have a horrible feeling that if animorphs ever did get another show it'd end up like that crappy battlestar remake where they just randomly decide people have been controllers midway through the season just for shock value and cheap drama.

Maybe it's better if it never actually happens.
>>
>>84433968
Literally everything you should not do to an animorps show
>>
Animated in JLA style

set in the late 90s like it fucking is. Any cell phones are slabs, no smart phones.

really REALLY gratuitous violence happens out of shot, but it still happens.
>>
>>84436107
>It is implied that I am punching you!
>>
>>84435967

>13 - Long episode, covers The Capture
>Lots of dialogue, Jake and the team, Tobias and the team, Jake and Tobias.
>Team eventually agrees they need to play it safe, Jake is incredulous they don't believe it's him, but agrees to go along with it- it's for the best after all.
>Don't really give up to the audience whether he's really under Yeerk control by this point.
>Marco and Rachel impersonate Jake with varied results.
>Cassie abstains, is bashful about it.
>Eventually has to, amusing scene of Cassie!Jake getting dressed while staring intently at the ceiling.
>Tobias is the most dedicated to watching him.
>At some point when they're alone together 'Jake' flippantly says its because he has nothing to go back to now.
>Drops pretense, it's nearing the end of Day 2, 'Jake' morphs and escapes, threatens to kill Tobias but doesn't.
>Tiger running through the forest, determined, but panting, suddenly gets its eyes clawed by a diving hawk.
>Marco follows shortly after, drags Jake back to the shack in gorilla form.
>More dialogue with Tobias.
>"I could morph something else. I could turn into a lizard and just wait out the clock. You'd have something in common."
>"He doesn't trust you, you know. He thinks you wrote this all down in a diary the police are going to find. Hell, I believe him, we'll probably have to start nuking your cities just in case."
>Talks about Jake, the things he's afraid of, how he doesn't want his brother to die not himself, etc.
>Eventually he gets weaker, starts talking about what it's like to be a Yeerk. Why he believes in the cause.
>Tobias says he doesn't, points out he didn't kill him.
>When the Yeerk dies, both of them finally break down, and they have no idea what to do next.
>Maybe there's a second season.
>>
>>84436148
>really REALLY gratuitous violence happens out of shot, but it still happens.
Anon I think he's talking about shit like Elfangor's death, any time the Taxxons actually get to eat someone, or other incredibly gruesome scenes.
Sometimes hearing it and seeing silhouettes of it is worse than seeing it directly.
>>
>>84434869
Which is easy enough to sort out with using the cube some more and some left over hair.
>>
>>84437206
Having a non-Elimist solution to the morphing problem removes tension from the series by removing the threat of morphing lock anon.
>>
90 minute episodes
Each one narrated by a different character.

Season 1
Episode 1: Tobias
Focus is on him being trapped, introduces morphing

Episode 2: Jake
Adaption of the Capture. Really introduce the Yeerks.

Episode 3: Cassie
Looking for the crashed alien ship, introduces Ax

Season 2
Episode 1: Marco
Introducing Visser 1

Episode 2: Ax
Minor yeerk plot, mostly focusing on adapting to human life, also bonding with Tobias about being cut off from home

Episode 3: Rachel
The David Saga
>>
>>84437260
Hmmm, hadnt considered that.
Didnt the same cube give David and the substitute animorphs their powers?
>>
>>84437355
It also gave the original Animorphs their powers.
Same cube that Elfangor had.
>>
>>84429411
I love these monthly threads. I've put a lot of thought into making a sequel for this shit, even.

You'd have to skip a lot of shit. But I'm keeping the fucking Helmacrons. I don't care what you say.
>>
>>84437355
Yes, but it doesn't work on nothlits.

Besides the higher-scale threat of the Ellimist is already balanced. It doesn't need removal.
>>
>>84434022
>WE DIDN'T GIVE YOU THIS SHIT TO FLY AROUND AS A FUCKING BIRD
>NOW GO RIDE INTO CERTAIN DEATH AS THE EVIL ALIEN GENERAL LAUGHS AND MELTS YOU FROM ORBIT WITH HIS LASER CANNON

they should have just gone and flown around as fucking birds
>>
>>84432743

the final ep would reveal that Ellimist and Crayak created the new comical TTG! like universe after completing the last game
>>
>>84437504
I disagree anon

Hell, you could go hard in the other direction and not give tobias morphing powers again (Even if it does make that plot with the anti-morphing ray impossible, i liked that one)
>>
>>84437450
Why would anyone ever get rid of the Helmacrons? They're fuckin' hilarious.

>>84432743
>>84437567
End yourself my man.
>>
>>84437570
The Ellimist lends greater context to the universe and isn't a major plot cheat because he can't fix any of their actual major problems without effort on their part. He's not going to stop the invasion, and he's not going to save them if they die. It's like removing Q from Star Trek.
>>
>>84437661
Honestly I just wouldn't explain him.
Andalite Chronicles, sure.
Hork-Bajir Chronicles, sure.
Ellimist Chronicles? Fuck no. Don't explain the space wizard.
>>
>>84437661
I guess we have to agree to disagree.
>>
>>84429411
You make the Andalite Chronicles a special before making the animorphs TV show. Its something like 5 episodes and establishes the universe and everything you need to know. The story is really compelling and self contained. I'd have it animated similar to how Voltron is animated. Voltron already paid homage to Animorphs once with its "2 of your earth hours" comment. I get the feel the staff would work on it.

The series itself is not that hard to do. The problem would be character narrations though. They work great for books though don't translate to TV always. Remember, its show don't tell. The books also really can't work as single episodes. The original series tried that and it was its weakest point. Too much happens in those tiny books and you can't fit that into a 22 minute episode. Even when they did 2 parters it failed. It only ever somewhat worked when the plot was over 3 episodes.

So to make it work I would say that the first arc in the books, which is 1-5 ending with Megamorphs 1. I'd make books 1-5 season one. However, I would exclude book 2 the Visit as nothing plot heavy happens in that book at all except we learn about Rachel. There are better to get insight into Rachel. Assume each book takes 3 episodes. So our first season goes, ep 1-3 the Invasion. 4-6 the encounter. 7-9 The message and Ax arrives. Now we can use the time saved from The Visit to tell Ax's intro in The Alien in 10-12. 13-15 with The Predator and Marco's big reveal. Then after watching Rachel become more and more of an Adrenaline junky for the season, we do the events of The Stranger 16-18. Now you have the last few episodes of the season to deal with and you can come up with a good finale. Go for a megamorphs plot.

Now megamorphs are fun, though they never contribute to the plot at all so I don't know how to fit that other than for it to be a season finale where you change the plot so that it has conseqeunces
>>
Personally, I feel the Ellimist is too much. The story was always fine the way it was without introducing a light cosmic horror / biblical alegory into the mix. It did, however lead to some great highlights.
>>
>>84437793
The problem with Andalite Chronicles being shown before Animorphs is that it explains too much too soon. It might make more sense to do it around the halfway mark as opposed to the beginning.
>>
>>84437755
Fair enough.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AetdbJ7Mwv8
>>
Must include stories in any adaptation

The Capture
David Saga

any others?
>>
>>84438174
I don't remember the names of the books, but:
>the one with that Cannibal Yeerk.
>the one where Jake gets infested
>The Chee.
>The Andalite Chronicles
>The Hork-Bajir Chronicles
>>
>>84438260
what the hell happened in the Hork-Bajir chronicles that has got you guys so crazy for it?
>>
>>84438302
On a personal level, I like seeing that the Andalites were perfectly capable of fucked up shit, and a personal enjoyment of the Hork-Bajir culture.
On a production level, imagine how beautiful the scenery would be and imagine seeing that final battle scene animated.
>>
>>84438033
The TV show was weirdly alright. Campy as all fuck, terrible budget, and had very little to do with the books. But it was alright.
>>
>>84429411
Well, first I'd have to read Animorphs...
I know a littpe bit about it.
>make the characters personality somewhat reflect their animal
Not sure who the target audience is since its Netflix but:
>only slightly tone down the brutality later in the series
>>84429447
These would be nice too but like I said, kinda hard to know what audience I'm writing for.
I'd probably make it so there are visible cuts and stuff, but only a red mark and maybe a little bit of blood.
And as far as nudity goes, I'd have the characters make clothing stashes around town and stuff.
>>
>>84438409
It's a cartoon of a teen war drama from the 90s on Netflix man. It's aimed at an adult audience who read those books, anything goes.
>>
>>84438464
>>84438464
I realize that, but execs still might try to market it for children. Especially since they're likely afraid of mothers thinking its for kids.
>>
>>84438464
Netflix currently has a live action adaptation of a YA book with a secret war (Shadow Hunters, my gf made me watch a few episodes, its not very good, similar feel to Arrow). I have a feeling if Netflix got there hands on there hands on that licence they would just make it like that.
>>
>>84438505
The great thing about the books is that my mum would happily buy them not knowing how insane they got. Was like i was getting away with something.
>>
>>84438505
On Netflix

Which is inherently age-gated
>>
I remember I watched the first episode of the series when it aired and then never watched it again because the aliens were scary. And I was pushing middle school age at that point.
>>
>>84438409
Uhhh... Morphsuits? Anyone remember Morphsuits? They coud wear clothing they just had to wear really tight clothing. So they had to dress like hookers and fags but they wouldn't be naked.
>>
>>84430898
Tobias has a paragraph where he mentions how he wants to mate with Rachel's eagle morph. Even though it's male.

I sat there as an 8 year old and imagined that for like 10 minutes. I still have a gay birds fetish. Like, one bird fucking the other in the cloaca, but their penises are still touching so they both still get mega pleasure.

Why did I have to be a furry
>>
>>84434308
Nonono, Jews move in silently and establish control from the shadows, the Yeerks are space Jews. Hork-bajir (even in lore) are basically space Africans conscripted to fight for yeerks. Taxxons are space Koreans because they eat anything. Andalites are pretty much space Aryans.
>>
>>84437808
I agree. The Ellimist should be a very minor character. Maybe limited to these three appearances.

Giving the gang the Noah's Arc option
Taking the gang to the distant planet to battle
Giving Tobias his human morph

The last thing you want is season 6 of Lost where suddenly everything is about the weird god with the poorly defined rules.
>>
>>84440543
I'd probably cut him down to a different three appearances:
>combine book 8 and 13 into a single story, using elements from both
>keep his appearance in the Andalite Chronicles
>his final appearance, although completely rewritten. Instead of telling his whole life story, he just glosses over some stuff about the Crayak and how this battle is nothing but a small fight on the grand scale.

Depending on the length of the series, maybe toss another minor appearance in there somewhere. I'd just be very careful about overusing him.
Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.